PDA

View Full Version : Dress at work

Kierci
05-01-2006, 02:29 AM
Those of you that dress at work to what extent do you dress? What is your job?

Ambercd12
05-01-2006, 03:31 AM
i crossdressed at work since the day i applied for it they only know me as a girl witch i love to be know as.

Kierci
05-01-2006, 03:40 AM
What is your job Amber?

Ambercd12
05-01-2006, 03:50 AM
a waitress for now

Kierci
05-01-2006, 03:54 AM
Wow would love to see pics Amber, That takes alot of self will power to do that interacting with many different types of people everyday!!!!!!

Ambercd12
05-01-2006, 04:03 AM
can look at my profile to see my picture

Kierci
05-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Anyone else have any input here? I am really curious as I am sure plenty of others are too. C'mon ladies :hugs:

Julia Cross
05-01-2006, 01:04 PM
Nylons and blouses, that's about the extent of it. I'm a Creative Director, so I have some creative licence in my apparel, and I can get away with long hair and earrings, but I need to appreciate my employers need for a corporate image he wishes to present.

Julia

Ellie
05-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Sometimes I'll 'dressunder' at work with panties or pantyhose but nothing visible as I enjoy having a paycheck to spend on clothes, shoes, etc.

KerriAnn
05-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Panties are as about the limit for me whilst at work as it is usually smart business attire (read boring shirt and tie). Perhaps maybe I'll start introducing less obvious fem attire such as ladies jeans and socks on casual days.

anne16
05-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi Yes i dress at work (under my male clothes)
tights, knickers, bra if im wearing a jumper, anklet under my socks, body stockings and female deoderant, necklace passes as uni sex.
I have worn my boots 2"heels just passable?
Im a Storeperson
Anne.

Julia Cross
05-01-2006, 02:06 PM
I am not entirely sure of what the jist of Jenny's question was, but I imagine it had more to do with items of clothing that were more visible. It goes without saying that most CD's wear panties and other undergarments, to work, to the grocery/hardware store, the pub or anywhere else. What you wear that isn't hidden by a pair of pants or a sweatshirt is a little more interesting.

Julia

Eugenie
05-01-2006, 03:51 PM
I work at home where I have my desk... So I often work fully dressed "en femme". But that probably doesn't count for your inquiry :) Unfortunately, I don't dress all the time, as I can only do it when my wife is away...

Love.

Eugenie

Sherrie
05-01-2006, 04:43 PM
I only dress under my male work uniform. Panties and occassionally thigh highs. It is not possible for me to do anything else at work. I am an air conditioning techician. The only reason I dont wear my thigh highs more is they are easilly run. :(

RikkiOfLA
05-01-2006, 05:59 PM
I dress en femme for work every day. I'm the pastor of the New American Christian Church, a GLBTH friendly church in North Hollywood, California. We also have a congregation in Riverside, CA. Before that I worked for a social service agency in Hollywood--I also dressed en femme there.

On Sundays, I wear traditional church attire--usually a dress or skirt below my knees, heels and hose. Occasionally, I wear pants.

On other days, I might be a lot more casual, depending on what I'm doing. Today, for example I'm wearing jeans and a camisole and cowgirl boots.

Do I consider myself a transsexual? No, because I don't want surgery or hormones, and am not planning a legal name change. I'm happy being me--a call full-time crossdresser or transgenderist. And I've been full time for the past 8 1/2 years (and I love it!).

Kate Simmons
05-01-2006, 06:26 PM
HMMMM,, When I had my salary job, I usta wear pantyhose, panty, bra under my guy clothes and "toned down" make up and nail polish. Does that count? Sorta like this coal miner person I know does now. Take care, Ericka

Lilith Moon
05-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Ten years ago I would have answered: ”every day”. I was a communications technician and had a bunch of microwave and other radio stations to look after. They were mainly in their own secluded grounds with full canteen and other facilities. I scheduled my own visits and rarely saw anyone else except during visits to my office every few days. It was heaven !

I did have a few close shaves with unexpected visitors, though. On two occasions I was sure I was outed, but nothing ever came of the events. Here’s the first one:

I was en-femme, complete with makeup and happily working away fixing some kit when there was a loud knock on the door to the room I was in. At this location I had no way out except through that door. I was trapped, but I did have my emergency tracksuit with me. It took an eternity for me to rip off my heels, skirt, blouse and stuff, all the time the guy on the other side of the door was asking when I was going to open up...and I was stalling with "Hang on just a sec" type comments. One small mercy, it wasn't a voice I recognized. He was an electrician who needed access for some minor task.

Eventually, I got into my tracksuit, but there was no way I was going to remove the mascara, lipstick, eyeshadow, foundation etc. It was late afternoon in winter and the light level was fairly low, so I opened up the door and sort of blundered past the bewildered guy while looking away from him. He obviously knew by then that something was up, but walked into the room I had just vacated and did whatever...while I went and cleaned up. I had to hang around the station until he was finished because I was responsible for security and locking up. So I went back and tried to make some casual small talk with him. He was very uncomfortable about being at this isolated spot with such a weirdo and got the hell out of there pretty quick. I was fully expecting some comebacks from this, word gets around an organization very quickly, and I was quite well known. But nothing was ever said to me...not a single remark ever came my way in the few remaining years that I worked there. :hmmm:

The second time? I’ll leave it for now, unless anybody is especially interested.

Clare
05-01-2006, 10:24 PM
A very boring answer from me - only panties, pantyhose, cami's, and sometimes a non-padded bra if I was wearing a sweater. Otherwise, no makeup, nail polish, or any other external signs of femininity whilst at work.

I worked in a Bank mostly for 15 years whilst dressing in this manner. Since then, I only wear femme stuff when I worked indoors as I lived in the tropics and it was always hot.

Kierci
05-02-2006, 02:20 AM
There have been some great responses here ladies and thank you, although most of you seemed to have missed the second part of the question which included what you wear (yes visual to others) and What Your Job is. I am rather curious as to the types of jobs where outwardly dressing is accepted.

Melissa73
05-02-2006, 05:38 AM
i have two jobs....one in restarant and one in motel business. At the restarant, i dont "dress" but at motel, i have been slipping on a bra and panties and socks underneath my male clothes, and noone seems to know. In fact, on off time....Ive determined to wear panties and bras everywhere.

Michelle

geegee2
05-02-2006, 06:15 AM
is not easy to do but I dress in conservitive girl clothes,like jeans and undies but I dont go overboard. more respect for the bosses request that I do it after hours on my own time. I dont have any mens clothes,maby a shirt or two but everything I have are girls.All my jeans are girl jeans and all my undies are panties and such. love hugs and kisses GeeGee2

Annesah
05-02-2006, 08:35 AM
I started a few years ago during the summer. I diden't do it all at once but incrementally. I did not want to lose customers or make anyone I work with feel uncomfortable. Sense then "work dress" has evolved to lady's polo; 5" inseam denim shorts in black, dark green or brown; brown sandles with 1 3/4" wedges; one inch silver hoops and a lady's watch. As I progressed on this route I got ocasional questions about this or that. I responded that I was a cross dresser and simply felt more comfortable with this presentation. A few eyebrows went up but nothing more. The others? No comment or reaction that I could pick up on. The women with whom I come into contact at the supply houses began to treat me with increased familiarity and ease; just like a sister, kind of. That realy felt cool. I was more at ease too. I could complement them on their dress and accessories without feeling weird. I lost no friends or customers and ,in fact, may have picked up a few! Now that warm weather has returned it's time to add the ankel bracelet. :happy: I am a plumbing and heating contractor and work together with all the other trades. Good day to all! Annesah

wendy
05-02-2006, 08:39 AM
I only 'under dressed' (wore only lingerie under my drab clothes) once or twice at my old job. Where I work, I don't think CDing would go over very well and may cause an uproar at work.

Siobhan Marie
05-02-2006, 02:44 PM
I only underdress while at work, I work in security and with the company I keep. I'd get torn to pieces!

Hugs Anna x

Julie York
05-02-2006, 02:57 PM
a waitress for now

I'd love to know more about getting a job as a waitress when you are a genetic male. You look about 15 by the way. Nice photo.:D

barbaracd
05-02-2006, 07:04 PM
I wear pantyhose or nylon stockings and panties under my work clothes every day. I love the feel but I could never go to work dressed. I need the paycheck . But it does sound like fun. I'm not as brave as Amber

Satinpeta
05-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Hi there, as a new member and have only joined I love to read all the stories and this question got me as I am very licky and am a shift worker where I am the only one on the shift, so on weekends and night shift I dress as much as possible in one of my satin outfits,stockings, heels, bra, all bar face make up, some lippie on night shift. I have some photos but haven't worked out how to send them, at present I am in black silk stockings, res satin dress, bra and a very sexy wig,...... how good do I feel!!!!

Billie Renee
05-02-2006, 11:14 PM
I have to wear a uniform where I work but I do wear a bra (with forms) and have my nails done up nicely,wear womens jeans and shoes as well as all my jewlery is fem as well. I also wear make-up everyday.I am a tow truck driver

Jennifer in CO
05-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Real Estate Appraiser here so, since I'm an extension of the Bank or Broker Im representing, I need to look nice. Womens jeans or slacks look just as nice as mens so that is what I wear most of the time. Womens polos look as nice as mens so I wear those most of the time. (catch a tread here?). I'm am aware that I am "looked at" when they open the door so if I'm meeting a woman, I wont wear a blouse that day. Most men wouldn't notice the bump on the end of their nose so I'm actually a bit more fem if meeting a guy. If Im not meeting anyone (vacant property), then I wear what ever I want that day...

Jenn

Ms. Donna
05-03-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm an IT project manager at an investment bank.

My dress is basically woman's casual all the time: woman's trousers, either a jumper or polo shirt, sensable shoes (I have worn pumps with 2" heals a few times), and my usual accessories: earrings, rings, bracelet, necklace and watch.

Here is a typical outfit for work:

http://cydathria.com/images/misc/me_work_2.jpg

I have been doing this for a couple of years now with no issues. I have also spoken with HR and I have their support. To my knowledge, I'm the only openly 'trans' employee in my building - possibly the firm. I get some looks now and then, but for the most part, anyone who has seen me is past the what's that phase.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Annaliese
05-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Those of you that dress at work to what extent do you dress? What is your job?
I ware low-rise jeans to work every day, panites and either a bra or a cami. Keep my finger nails long all the time, and ware a ladies watch 7 days a week. Ware lite make-up most days
I teach math at a university.

Anna

Kierci
05-06-2006, 03:32 AM
I love the responses ladies but, lets hear more about the job you do while dressed outwardly enfemme, I am not as interested as to what your wearing under your clothes as the job you are performing while people can see that you are wearing "womens" clothes.

CharlaineCadence
05-06-2006, 08:08 AM
I have dressed for every interview i have had the last two weeks.

Kierci
05-08-2006, 01:19 AM
I am loving the responses ladies, All of you are seriously making me think about a change of jobs due to the fact that being an automechanic at a big chain autoparts house would not go for heels and a skirt.

Miss Vicki
05-08-2006, 04:43 AM
I wear support hose under my jeans and lately have been wearing a non-padded or slightly padded bra under my sweatshirt. I drive a 10 yard tandem dump truck and after an 8 hour day my legs are usually wobbly when I get out of the truck. Wearing support hose (pantyhose, of course) I am able to walk normally and feel great at the end of the day.

jjjjohanne
05-09-2006, 07:20 AM
I wore a black skirt, black hose, and heels with a mens shirt and tie to work for halloween on year. I was half and half. I had a lot of fun with some of the ladies in accounting. I work in Computers. After that, I think I could have worn hose under my pants and let them know and they would have had fun with me about it without it being too awkward. ...but I never did.

Joe

Andi-Girl
05-09-2006, 08:00 AM
When I worked in the corporate world, I had to be drab on the outside but underneath it was a different story. Now that I work from my home office, on days that I know I do not have any appointments, Andi comes to work:thumbsup:
Andi

lynda jane hamilton
05-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I am an Evironmental Health Consultant and in the closet and go out each day the same time as the SO so she might be a tad suspicious if I went out in full Lynda mode.

Most days though I can contrive to wear plain panties and opaque knee highs and lip balm. Today the SO left early on a training course. I took the opportunity of wearing a white lacy bra with no forms, a white lacy cami top matching panties and sheer tights. I put on my heels and also painted my toe nails and spritzed perfume all over. I raided her makeup applied light shadow, a touch of mascara and nude lipstick. I borrowed her spare watch and a bracelet and donned my pink shirt and tie and grey suit. I wore the heels in the car but slipped on my ordinary shoes when I attended two meetings in close proximity with other guys and then went to the post office without my jacket on with bra and undies plain to see! No one made any comments. I called into the shopping centre and bought a new skirt and jumper. I am now in my office at home dressed to the nines and enjoying every minute. How I wish every day could be like today!

LOL

Lyndaxx.

Kierci
05-12-2006, 12:59 AM
I think I need an office job, How about going to fill out apps or interviews fully dressed? Anyone?

Alice Torn
05-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Ellie, I agree with you, in that I dress up, as the very tall woman, I have almost always been rejected by. If I can't have one, I'll be one! I was a security guard, and only wore p.h., and a dress under my uniform a few times. I got stopped by a cop, one night, in full dress, and that was very embarrassing. I don't go out in public much dressed. I imagine it must be very difficult at times, for those fully dressed on their jobs. I know of one gas station cashier, who has long polished nails. AA

Karyn
05-12-2006, 02:13 AM
I work in emergency medicine and have to wear a uniform - but I always have my panties, stockings and garters underneath.

Satinpeta
05-12-2006, 04:43 AM
Yes Itoo dress at work but mainly on night shift as I am the only on in the complex and I work as a Lab. tech, always in satin....of course

tgirlkari
05-12-2006, 04:50 AM
Amber it's no wonder you can do your waitress job with confidence you are gorgeous

Tonya_B
05-12-2006, 07:40 AM
Once I wore a bra and pantyhose to work. I work in a store. It made me feel good but yet cautious.

michellecd9999
05-13-2006, 01:10 PM
I dress up all the time at work...

However, I work from home and all my interaction is over the phone and internet so no one gets to see me!

Michelle

Kierci
05-15-2006, 01:40 AM
How about some company names that are ok with cd'ing, If you have any pictures of you at work dressed please share them. Thanks

cdgirl
05-15-2006, 05:58 AM
How about some company names that are ok with cd'ing, If you have any pictures of you at work dressed please share them. Thanks hi im roberta working nights and alone is fun i can wear my corset pull up stockings and heels and wig all night long.got caught once ,by one later worker. buts thats ok.i have the whole place to myself to be roberta:happy: 8 hours to really be me.huggs roberta

KarlaRissa
05-15-2006, 07:13 AM
I work as a computer support techition for many companies in melbourne, australia (Where I live). I dont get dressed up for university :( I get work from the acidemic(sp?) director, but I dont think he would be that happy if I turned up as Karla. I do ususally wear panties under my suit, and sometimes some pantyhose, but thats about it.

At dancing I may be able to pull it off because there are alot of open minded people, but I care very much for the studio and dont want to risk ruining my rep. there. Only 2 people know Karla.

Its sad, I dont even get to dress up at home much. Due to my hectic scedual (Get up at 5, 1 hour train ride to uni from 6:45 till 7:45, uni till 5, train ride home so I get back at 6, quickly throw down dinner and rush off to dancing which is half an hour away so I get there at 6:30ish. I dance all night untill around 11:30, then i get home and fall asleep. I do that 6 days a week, monday through saturday. And on sunday, my mother is home so I cant) so when I move into a place of my own, I should be out more often. But the bad thing is due to the fact I satrted when I was 19 (A year ago), I only have a few things (1 Skirt, 1 Slip and 10 panties and 8 bras).

I am sorry if this was an erratic post :(

Hugs and Kisses,
Karla

Kierci
05-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Are there any others out there? C'Mon ladies lets have your stories and pictures if you have em

andrea6er
05-20-2006, 03:28 AM
I manage a petrol service station, and mostly underdress, but on a couple of rare occasions whilst doing a night shift have managed to dress my lower half whilst serving and filling up, what a great feeling. Shame it can only ever be done for a few short hours