PDA

View Full Version : Friends Are Thinking

Joy Carter
05-01-2006, 05:00 AM
So do your friends think you are weird but they don't know you are a CD ? Do tell us what about you makes them think that.

Brianna Weirzbowski
05-01-2006, 05:14 AM
I am getting to the age (32) where it is now expected I should be married and starting a family. This has made me stand out from all my friends, none of which know I am CD. A lot of pressure from the parents to provide them with grandkids.

Presntly I am not able? not willing? to explain the CD side of my life to a girlfriend, so I feel it is entirely unfair to drag someone into a such a relatioship.

Brianna

Kate Simmons
05-01-2006, 05:27 AM
My imagination, I guess. As a teenager, I was into superhero(and superheroine) comics, science fiction, archeology, history things like that. I was talking about "worm holes" and other dimensions, etc. before they became everyday words.My guy friends were more into dating and back of the car "conquests" with girls and looked at me like I was nuts. Now that I'm an "old biddy" I look back on it and am glad that I was that way. Otherwise, I wouldn't be who I am today. Times being what they are, I'm still different but now they kind of look at me and think:"oh well, he's an old guy, doesn't know how to have fun anymore", so I'm pretty much left to myself. Little do they know that I probably socialize more than they do with my "other" friends as Ericka. Yeah, I'm "different" but wouldn't trade it for anything. Take care, Ericka

stephanie100
05-01-2006, 05:38 AM
All of my friends are weird in differant ways. No other CDers though one is gay
Steph

Lilith Moon
05-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Weird is good.

Weird is interesting.

:silly:

livy_m_b
05-01-2006, 07:16 AM
I was always perceived as outside the mainstream. As a teen, some students experimented with calling me "queer" - the word in those days - but it didn't really fit and didn't stick. After military, I was even called "Weird Harold" after one of Bill Cosby's characters and that lasted in that particular group for some time. There have always been isolated incidents in which, e.g., other grade school students would say "You should have been a girl" or a woman at the supermarket would tell my mom "he's very pretty, like a girl" or a friend would say "I've heard women say that before but never a man".

CharlaineCadence
05-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Some of my closes friends thought I was a freak untill i came out as being transgendered. then it all fit togeathers all my female friends now treat me like a little sister and we have fun. the guys are just happy i'm a lesbian.

KerriAnn
05-01-2006, 08:42 AM
I am getting to the age (32) where it is now expected I should be married and starting a family. This has made me stand out from all my friends, none of which know I am CD. A lot of pressure from the parents to provide them with grandkids.

Presntly I am not able? not willing? to explain the CD side of my life to a girlfriend, so I feel it is entirely unfair to drag someone into a such a relatioship.

Brianna

I can relate to you as I am in exactly the same situation as yourself. Never a day goes by where my parents are dropping hints for me to get married and settled down. If only they knew the actual reasons why I hadn't got really serious with any GGs.

I think for me, the next GG to come into my life I will let her know about my other side. This forum has given me the strength and confidence to know that there are GGs out there who are accepting crossdressing.

As far as my friends are concerned I have not told any of them. However the telltale signs are there. I guess I would be outed if they were to put all the pieces together. Perhaps they already know but are being polite enough not to say so to my face, but in any event I will cross that bridge I come to it. In any case it would be interesting to see who my true friends were if they were to find out.

MsEva
05-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Freak...no...weird..you bet. :p Both my wife and I are pretty weird. In a funny sort of way..and our dear daughter got the funny gene from both of us I am afraid..she is a character. But I dare say no one would say...ah..a crossdresser

HaleyPink2000
05-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Nope actually I get along with most everyone. It's hard to be mad at the muscian playing Celtic music. LOL:) Or the one playing the banjo.

Casey Morgan
05-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm another "free spirit". My weirdness goes a lot deeper than being transgendered or a CD. Here's a little example that none of my friends had any trouble believing. I was watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. One of the little girls said that she loved fairies and her favorite color was red. Did I think of a mystical woodland highlighted with splashes of red? Absolutely not. My first thought was 'redneck fairies'.

jdotp75
05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
each and everyone of my friends thinks my methods are odd, but for the most part my motives are well hidden. I will cut the hottest girl in the office to ribbons for the most "minor" infractions, but as most know I'm involved with someone in the style industry. So for that reason a lot of thins slide. I got caught looking on line at a supposed transgender club website. I simply said I was invited to a party there. Now my fiance's best friend moved right on the cusp of the local gay neighborhood, which of course I now find out would be so very accepting. But we discussed it and if we ran into her while I was dressed and she tried to put me on the spot, I could honestly say... yes I'm a man in a skirt, and I gaurentee you I look 10 times better than you. Yes mean I know but as long as someon is civil to me theworst I'll do is embarras them a bit.

EricaCD
05-01-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm with you hon! The good news is that I think I have a decent chance of transitioning to "eccentric"! Now that's something to look forward to...

But if someone found out that I was a CD, they wouldn't say "oh, now it all fits together." They'd just say "wow, and we thought she was weird before!" LOL

Erica

Kate Simmons
05-01-2006, 01:00 PM
I couldn't think of a nicer bunch of gals to be weird with, so let's all be weird together, okay? Love, Ericka

Annesah
05-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Most of my friends tend a bit weird and as someone else has said "wierd is interesting". Do they know? Other than friends I've told I can't say for certain but they should. I love to drop subtle hints like an ankle bracelet.:p

Taffy
05-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Perhaps that my hobby is collecting and making clothes for 18" dolls. I usually bring a different one to the office everyday, just to make the place more pleasant...

Taffy

Ellie
05-01-2006, 09:20 PM
I don't have guy friends outside of work so they will never know. Of my female friends, only two or three know about my CDing.

All of them thought I was weird before I told them about my CDing so none of them were too surprised. That is to say, I have a weird thought process, not that I used to present a femme persona.

gennee
05-02-2006, 06:26 PM
My wife thinks I am strange at times. She knows that I wear panties and paint my toenails. She's the only one in the family who knows that I dress. I am somewhat eccentric because I like weird stuff. My friends know nothing about my dressing.

Gennee

DawnLabelle
05-02-2006, 06:48 PM
I've always been the wierd one, most people who know me feel that there is something different about me that they "can't quite put their finger on". I've always been called a chick by friends (both male and female) due to my point of view on certain subjects or how to handle or interpret situations. Everyone who knows about Dawn had either figured it out for themselves, or after some reflection said something along the lines of "well that explains alot of stuff....."

so hey, we're always a little different, and thats ok!! :)

Dawn