PDA

View Full Version : Moving into the future

Alicia_lynn419
05-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Hello all. I am a recently divorced CD, starting on a fresh page. My question, I'm sure is a common one, but I'll ask it anyway.

Although I have many good lady friends that know about "Allie", the thought that scares me is that hopefully someday, I'll meet someone and get into a serious relationship again, and I almost dread having to tell them my secret. I almost expect a lot of rejection. My closest GG friend tells me to project an aura of being OK with who I am, and sooner or later i will attract someone who is/will be accepting of who I am.

So, if anyone has any thoughts on this - when/how to tell someone special, I'd like to hear them.

Best Wishes,

Allie

Dizzy GG
05-01-2006, 12:12 PM
I met my partner on a dating site and he had decided to join it as Josi after his marriage ended. This meant that anyone who Josi met knew who she was. Josi made it clear that she was hetro and looking for friends and hopefully a relationship where she could be herself.

I was attracted to the person and although had no experience of crossdressers wanted to get to know Josi better. The rest is history! We are very happy together, Josi feels whole and I have a wonderful partner!

Alicia_lynn419
05-01-2006, 11:58 PM
I've thought about placing an ad as aCD-just to see what would happen...maybe I should give it a try!

Lilian
05-02-2006, 02:18 AM
Hello Alli, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, But please be careful, if you meet some-one from any site always do it where there are a lot off people and never alone. I know you are a grown man so please forgive me just the caring person I am not wanted anyone to get hurt just want you to end up happy, Take care Hils GG xxx

Dizzy GG
05-02-2006, 05:36 PM
I think that is wise advice for anyone meeting on an internet dating site. Get to know them online, you can tell lots about them from online chatting. Be realistic, some people lie! I think that the ones where you chat give you a better chance of engaging with someone and they can meet the real you.

I met people in the day in a public safe venue for a short time and always let people know where I was going. But I have to say I met some lovely people and eventually met Josi so I have no regrets.

Missy Anne's GG
05-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi Allie,

I think your close GG friend has given you very good advice. Be yourself and be proud and confident of who you are. I think the right girl will come along and will find that you're the guy for her!

Hugs and best of luck!

Missy Anne's GG