PDA

View Full Version : What do you really think about transwomen?

livy_m_b
05-01-2006, 09:41 AM
From watching the ggs on forum, it seems like most have relationships with cds and are basically okay with it or even find it special and fun. There are also a few who seem to show up briefly and express concern about spouses who are or seem to be ts and then disappear. (They may post more often in the GG Only forum - but I'm not prying.) So, my question to you all is, laying aside your feelings about your own so, how do you really feel about transwomen? Do you really relax and accept them as women, or is there always a subtle or not so subtle distinction in your minds?

(Btw, I'm glad you're here, whatever your reasons are - you bring a breath of sanity to our discussions!)

love

Olivia

~Kitty GG~
05-01-2006, 10:43 AM
We've socialized with several CDs and TSs from the support group here. I met them all in girl-mode. And have only seen a few of them in boy-mode. I so much prefer them in girl-mode. That's who they are to me. I have difficulty using thier boy names even.
As far as the whole group goes.. for most I don't see a distinction, I see them as women.. but there are exceptions. The ones who sit with their knees wide apart, skirt stretched to the limit, arms across the back of the neighboring chairs.. and act totally male - seem male to me.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~

Anita Mae GG
05-01-2006, 03:51 PM
I haven't met any but I would accept them for who they are. Just as I have the few CD's I met. I treated them like women. As weird as this sounds when I met the cd's I NEVER even looked at them as men, the thought they were really gentically men never crossed my mind....

purple_spider GG
05-01-2006, 04:49 PM
It depends what you mean by transwoman. My ex was TS and once I got over the suprise I was okay with it and accepted her need to transition. My current partner lives full time as a woman but she is not transitioning but I would not consider her a cross dresser because she is doing it 24/7. I guess she is much closer to being a transwoman than a CD, and even if she did transition I would want to stay with her. Therefore in answer to your question, I think that I am fine with transwomen and see them as women.

Some GGs are not because they are worried about the possibility of their husband transitioning and they would not want them to do that. Being around a transwoman reinforces their worst fears about what could happen. There are no promises a CD can make to a partner about not transitioing because they cannot really truely predict how they would feel in X years time; every GG partner knows this reality about being in a relationship with a transgender/CD person. Therefore those GGs who are worried about this possible next step will simply look at a transwoman and she epitomises their nightmare scenario. It is not that they have a problem with the transwoman or the idea that she has transitioned, its nothing personal about her, it is that they are afraid their own husbands might and for some it is one step to far.

Hugs
Debs
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sandra
05-02-2006, 04:35 AM
I have no problem with Transwomen, I see them as women and treat them as women. Short and sweet :)

kathy gg
05-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Umm...if by transwomen, you mean a transexual who is basically living full time, then for sure, they are one of us for all practical purposes.

If by transwoman you mean crossdresser...well...if I dont' know them very well I will for sure treat them with correct pronouns and will do my best to consider them 'one of us' to a point. BUt....the exception is I know alot of crossdressers very well as their male selves too...so for those special friends...well....I treat them like the really good friend that they are. But I suppose I don't treat them like my gg friends. I mean friendships between women are so different than frienships between woman/man.

But....if I got to be best friends with a transexual woman who lived full time and I only knew her as a woman, then I can safely say that I would try my darnest to treat her like one of the gg's. But...even then there are some things which a trans female cannot relate too, just like there are things I can't relate to what she has as a background. But I would still try to make that efort.

dancinginthedark
05-03-2006, 09:08 AM
From watching the ggs on forum, it seems like most have relationships with cds and are basically okay with it or even find it special and fun. There are also a few who seem to show up briefly and express concern about spouses who are or seem to be ts and then disappear. (They may post more often in the GG Only forum - but I'm not prying.) So, my question to you all is, laying aside your feelings about your own so, how do you really feel about transwomen? Do you really relax and accept them as women, or is there always a subtle or not so subtle distinction in your minds?

(Btw, I'm glad you're here, whatever your reasons are - you bring a breath of sanity to our discussions!)

love

Olivia

Olivia~
I think I have a whole lot to learn before I can even begin to answer this one. Right now I will agree with those who have stated it is a fear for many of us who find ourselves married to a CD. Originally I wanted to know more for this reason (my fears). However since learning of my husbands CD-ing I have met a few who are transwomen (and transmen) and I would like to have more understanding for them. To do this I not only need to open my heart fully but my mind too. I have some books on order so that I can continue doing just that for my mind. (My meeting others here took care of opening my heart.) I never took the time before to learn. In the past I just treated them like want to be’s. No scorn but no respect really. I didn’t even begin to understand how it really was. I still don’t know a lot in the scheme of things, and I may never have a full understanding. However, I can do much more to learn and in the learning come to be more understanding and compassionate.