I'm wondering if anyone else like or wears stirrup pants
I just found a black pair of stretch stirrup pants
At a not so local thrift store for 4 bucks
And they even fit me not like the top I bought

Hugs
Barb

Kate Simmons
05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi Barb, Yep, I got a couple of pair myself. I think they are pretty cool. Gonna wear them to work around the house and go shopping, etc. Take care, Ericka

Clare
05-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Yuk - oh so 90's!

I wasn't particularly fond of them when they were in vogue.

Sorry!

Ellie
05-01-2006, 09:13 PM
I was just chatting with my GF about these over the weekend. I think that they would feel wonderful over hose but alas big girls and stirrup pants just don't mix well.

Barb Valentine
05-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Yuk - oh so 90's!

I wasn't particularly fond of them when they were in vogue.

Sorry!

I thought it was the 80's :happy:

Barb Valentine
05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
I was just chatting with my GF about these over the weekend. I think that they would feel wonderful over hose but alas big girls and stirrup pants just don't mix well.

Your right they don't
But I'm not small at 280lb ,But they feel great and I'm not leaving the house

Hugs
Barb

Billijo49504
05-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Sorry, but I had a pair of those damn things at age 17, for skiing. I didn't like them then and still don't. If I'm going to wear fem pants, it's going to be dress slacks or boot cut jeans...BJ

wendy
05-02-2006, 08:17 AM
in my early CDing years, my mom had a pair of black stirrup pants and they were just heavenly to wear. But I don't see any GGs wearing stirrups anymore.

jennifer marie
05-02-2006, 08:33 AM
So sorry they went out of style, as a teenager I loved wearing them!

KathrynW
05-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Just say NO to stirrup pants.... :straightface:

Sam-antha
05-02-2006, 10:51 AM
all wrong... seventies skiing

JeanneF
05-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Just say NO to stirrup pants.... :straightface:

I agree. Stirrup pants are one of the giant zits on the face of fashion history that I hope will never return.

That being said, I do remember having a pair of stirrup leggings I swiped from my mom when I was about 12-13 (early 90s).

Karren H
05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Ewwwwwww Pants are pants and shouldn't be worn my women unless its an extreeme emergency!!! Like all the dress and skirt factories blew up or something like that! hehehe

Love Karren

KathrynW
05-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Ewwwwwww Pants are pants and shouldn't be worn my women unless its an extreeme emergency!!! Like all the dress and skirt factories blew up or something like that!
pants and/or jeans are exactly what you want if you hope to blend in with the majority of females today...
just NOT stirrup pants... :straightface:

Karren H
05-02-2006, 08:23 PM
pants and/or jeans are exactly what you want if you hope to blend in with the majority of females today...
just NOT stirrup pants... :straightface:

Nahhhh I do a nice casual skirt and top with sandles or low heals and blend in just fine!!! You don't have to dress like a guy to blend in with women today!! hehehe

Love Karren

KathrynW
05-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Nahhhh I do a nice casual skirt and top with sandles or low heals and blend in just fine!!! You don't have to dress like a guy to blend in with women today!!
Go out to Wal-Mart ,Target or any grocery store and count the number of women wearing skirts and/or dresses as opposed to jeans, and get back to me. And...heals? what do you need to be healed of? It's heels. :straightface:

Karren H
05-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Go out to Wal-Mart ,Target or any grocery store and count the number of women wearing skirts and/or dresses as opposed to jeans, and get back to me. And...heals? what do you need to be healed of? It's heels. :straightface:

hehehe Well when I go to Wally World or Target, enfemme there's at least one there in a skirt!!! And in my mind that's the only one that counts!!! <grin>

And since I'm and engineer I lack in the social and verbal skills that are so necessary for life on the web..... In other words, Someone needs to put a stupid gramar and spell check on this thingy!!!! LOL

Love Karren

trannie T
05-02-2006, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=KathrynW][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkred]Go out to Wal-Mart ,Target or any grocery store and count the number of women wearing skirts and/or dresses as opposed to jeans, and get back to me. QUOTE]

AAH, the Walmart unisex look, jeans and a sweatshirt.

It takes a real man to wear a dress:tongueout :tongueout :tongueout

sky0629
05-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Wow now this is new to see here. i like'em alot

Bonnie D
05-02-2006, 09:22 PM
I don't like them and don't see the point of the stirrups, not that there has to be a point to be fashionable. I'm just not interested in them at all.

Bonnie

Khriss
05-03-2006, 01:07 AM
... tight pants with boots (over) , -they stay in place , fit well,and the "outa date" stirrup does'nt show underneath the boots ...so I have a couple prs. ..and like em' eh? xx"K"

ReneeCD
05-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, it's obvious that a lot of us DO like stirrup pants! And I hate to break it to you, girls, but it was the 60's that they first came on the scene (at least as women's clothing).

I'll never forget the first time I saw a pair. It was the fall of '63 (now I've REALLY dated myself!), and we were having night marching band practice in early October at the junior high. I was only 13 at the time, and hormones were beginning to rage, though not in the same way as other boys that I knew. Now, you have to remember that at that time, girls did NOT, as a rule, often wear ANY kind of pants, and definitely not to school during the day! Anyway, a classmate of mine (the fashion plate) was waiting for her boyfriend. I could see that she was wearing pants, but there was something very different and exotic about them! Upon closer inspection, I could see the stirrups, and the way that they fit her--WOW!! I was TOTALLY turned on by that STRETCH! I wanted them!

A few months later, I was at my cousin's house. I had since noticed that she, too, had several pairs of stirrup pants. God, was I jealous! I happened to use bathroom, and noticed that they kept their clothes hamper there. Cautiously, heart in my throat, I raised the lid. Oh my God! There was a black pair right on top! I was really freaked out. I had never done anything like this before. I slowly removed my pants and slipped them on. I took a minute to figure out that the side zipper went on the LEFT side (hey, I was only 13!), and I zipped them up....

I'll leave the rest up to your imagination, but suffice it to say, I was hooked from that day foreward! I was sad to see them go out of fashion by around '67 or '68, but I never gave up! When they came around again (around '85), I immediately bought several pairs. I've not been without them ever since.

Alas, once again they are out of favor with the general fashion world, but not with me! I'm normally more 'trendy' than that, but this is one fashion faux pas that I will continue to commit! (Whew! How's THAT for a first post!)

Renee

Rachel Morley
05-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Stirrup pants?...weren't they originally from the early 60's and then revised in the early 80's?.....it takes all sorts but I personally wouldn't be seen dead in them.

(no offense!)

Esther
05-12-2006, 05:05 AM
absolutely love 'em, even when they're 'out'. i've dumped (purged) almost all of my full-length pants for capri-length, except for three pair of stirrups--black, navy and white.

Paula Rae
05-12-2006, 05:29 AM
Hey Ladies,
Stirrup ski pants were worn by my wife (girl friend then) back in the 1962. I loved them then and I still do. Here's a picture of me in stirrups posted a few months ago in a thread I started in the Picture Gallery.

Ricki B