PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Favorite legwear...

Leslie16
05-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Only get to pick one!

LindaTS
05-02-2006, 09:08 AM
WOW, I'm the first one. I checked PH because that's what I wear 99% of the time. I do like stockings and garter belt occasionally though.

wendy
05-02-2006, 09:08 AM
I used to love wearing pantyhose/sheer hose, but I don't know what it is about me but after 1-2 times of wearing them I always manage to get a run in them and ruin a good pair of hose that way.

I now wear tights, haven't had a run in them at all despite numerous times in wearing them. Not as smooth as pantyhose, but they do last longer (for me anyways).:D

Leslie16
05-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I used to love wearing pantyhose/sheer hose, but I don't know what it is about me but after 1-2 times of wearing them I always manage to get a run in them and ruin a good pair of hose that way.

I now wear tights, haven't had a run in them at all despite numerous times in wearing them. Not as smooth as pantyhose, but they do last longer (for me anyways).:D
same for me. I ALWAYS run the ultrasheer. I got some tights, but they aren't the same at all!

RikkiOfLA
05-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Not fair you only get to choose one! :sad:

In the past week alone I've worn dark pantyhose, fishnets, over the knee socks, and colored pantyhose! Not to mention knee-high boots.

It's fun to draw attention to the legs (most t-girls' best asset) with interesting hosiery. A beautiful outfit doesn't stop at the hemline.

Rikki

RikkiOfLA
05-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Most ultrasheer hose, unfortunately, are designed to be worn once. That's why I usually wear the slightly less sheer model, often called daytime sheer or everyday sheer or something like that. Here are some suggestions for dealing with ultrasheers.

1. Only wear them for special occasions. Maybe Oprah can afford to wear them everyday, but most of us can't.

2. When you buy them, buy two identical pair. Chances are you'll run them just putting them on!

3. Carry a spare pair in your purse or car if possible. When you run them after a couple of hours, you'll have a spare pair to change into.

4. After wearing them, forget about washing them. Washing them (even in a hosiery bag) causes runs, tears, etc.

5. I've learned from other girls that the really expensive brands (such as Wolfords at $30 and up a pair!) don't last any longer.

Want pantyhose that last?

a. Don't buy them too tight. Follow the size chart on the back of the package.

b. Don't buy them too sheer. The regular, every day sheer ones last much longer (and wash better) than ultrasheers.

c. Don't wear control tops. While the control panties on them are very sturdy, the legs seem to run faster.

Hope this helps!

Rikki

VERONICARH
05-02-2006, 10:04 AM
I like the ultra-sheer nude pantyhose, but also like to wear biege and suntan pantyhose.

kristyz
05-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Nice sheer panty hose that are on sale, keeps everthing in place.:eek:

Jill
05-02-2006, 10:35 AM
How about sexy sheer black hose? That's my favorite.

Lisa Marie
05-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Me I voted for the Dark Pantyhose. I do also love the nude colors as well, I like to wear knee highs when wearing slacks. Fishnets are ok with me also but not to wear out in public.

Casey Morgan
05-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Dark pantyhose. They help hide the hair on my legs, which I'm not ready to shave.

And what do you mean "boring regular socks"? Mens socks might be utilitarian. But womens socks come in colors and patterns. I don't think my youngest sister has worn a pair of plain white socks in her life.

Toni
05-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I go for Lace Top Glossy Hold Ups - heaven!

Siobhan Marie
05-02-2006, 02:19 PM
I picked tights although I do have a pair of hold-ups that I love too

Hugs Anna x

Trish
05-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Legg's brand, Silken Mist, panty hose

wendy
05-02-2006, 03:23 PM
same for me. I ALWAYS run the ultrasheer. I got some tights, but they aren't the same at all!
oh, i totally agree, given half the chance I would pick ultrasheer anyday, tights are rather rough feeling but ruining a pair of ultrasheer after a few wears isn't fun.:D :happy:

Phyliss
05-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Hanes Silk Reflections thigh highs. size EF, really nice, and I can get three or four wearings out of them. Always buy the same shade so that if I ladder one I can use the other as a spare.

MelindaC
05-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Stockings --- no doubt about it!!!

JeanneF
05-02-2006, 04:56 PM
I voted for nice bare legs.

It's funny, the first thing that got me started dressing was finding a pair of my mom's pantyhose and trying them on. For years (especially as a teenager) I was a hose junkie. While I still appreciate the look, the more that I go out, the more I prefer freshly shaven (or now waxed, as of today!!!), tanned bare legs. Go figure.

Karren H
05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Only get to pick one!

Awwwwwwww I wanted all of them! hehehe Ok, well most! Mine is stockings, dark or black, fishnet or regular!!

Love Karren

barb M
05-02-2006, 05:07 PM
My first choice is Legs Sheer energy.Because I love the smoothness and they hold up to multiple washing and wearings.I prefer suntan . I love the embrace of pantyhose,but I will wear a garter belt and stockings now and again..

barbaracd
05-02-2006, 06:59 PM
I like all types. Pantyhose usually but when I get the chance Stockings and garter belt are the best.The feeling is heavenly.

Clare
05-02-2006, 07:20 PM
I selected the ultrasheer nude pantyhose which is the basic style I prefer to wear.

However, I particulary like the biege colour which I think provides the nicest look on me. With nude hose, my legs look a little plain, but it can be a good look in the right circumstances. I do like and wear black hose, but only when it enhances my clothing, and i'm not keen on the suntan shade - too strong and artificial for me!

My collection of hose ranges from control tops (good for tight clothing), lightweight sheer finish (good in Summer), firm all over leg support (good all day comfort), and a pair of fishnets that rarely get worn (not really my 'thing').

Mona
05-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Thigh highs in black or white and in the winter leg warmers over them.

Kate Simmons
05-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Mostly pantyhose for me, suntan or black. I was wondering how many of these companies would be out of business if not for us (since as we've heard previously, most women don't like pantyhose)? Take care, Ericka

Karyn
05-02-2006, 08:46 PM
I prefer thigh high stockings, suntan or black. Occasionally pantyhose, but not often, and bare legs with strappy sandals is fun sometimes. I always stay very smoothly shaved.

gender_blender
05-02-2006, 09:30 PM
I pick pants... or more specifically, jeans.
I would have a tough time going out in any of those listed.
...or running around naked when not "dressed"!

~Charlie

Taffy
05-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Lace-trimmed anklets were not included in the list, but that would be my choice...

Taffy

jenny c
05-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Stockings for me the finer the better a second for me would be pantyhose.

Sissy_in_pink
05-03-2006, 05:25 AM
I mostly wear black tights with a babydoll dress or denim skirt, but I like pantyhose, stockings, fishnets, thigh high socks & coloured tights.

Here are 2 sites I have found 1 for coloured tights
http://www.welovecolors.com/Default.asp

& 1 for thigh highs
http://www.pierresilber.com/stockings1.html

Got to get me some of thoughs thigh highs:happy:

Sally24
05-03-2006, 05:33 AM
I have to agree that Hanes Silk Reflections are the best! They even out my skin tones but don't have any shine to them. My favorite are the "beyond bare toeless". They let your toenails be out in toeless strappy shoes and they almost look like bare legs. That little bit of fabric between the big toe and the rest of the toes is an ouchy though after a few hours!

Make sure you moisturize your hands before handling sheer hose and keep your nails flat. The first pair of these I bought I put my nail right thru them just putting them on the first time.

Tina Dixon
05-03-2006, 06:20 AM
I like dark pantyhoss, why I don't know, and yes I do shave:D

Tiffy
05-03-2006, 07:15 AM
I do not see leg warmers on the list.:p

April Marie

Paula G
05-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Stockings and a garter for me most times, followed by fishnets (when in the mood). Pantyhose on rare occasions only.

cosmolovesph
05-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Pantyhose....

black leotards
05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
:happy: The name says it all!

ericalynne
05-04-2006, 10:57 PM
oh i so adore pantyhose...i love the way they just embrace and caress my body. my favorites are l'egg's sheer energy control top re-enforced toe in sun tan and black...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..and of course heels heels heels..gigglre

jogggelich
06-09-2006, 04:55 AM
I mostly wear black tights with a babydoll dress or denim skirt, but I like pantyhose, stockings, fishnets, thigh high socks & coloured tights.

Here are 2 sites I have found 1 for coloured tights
http://www.welovecolors.com/Default.asp

& 1 for thigh highs
http://www.pierresilber.com/stockings1.html

Got to get me some of thoughs thigh highs:happy:

Why not this page, dear

http://www.pierresilber.com/garterbelts.html

Joggelich

Jamie in CT
06-09-2006, 05:12 AM
Me...I love stockings and a garter belt. Color depends on what I am doing and the time of the day but I do prefer black.

Joy Carter
06-09-2006, 05:19 AM
Hate pantyhose stockings only !

Wendy me
06-09-2006, 05:54 AM
i stay taned all year round and it's bare legged for me .....

Lisa Golightly
06-09-2006, 06:05 AM
I like bare legs.... :)