PDA

View Full Version : Out in public

buttercup GG
05-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I am planning a vacation with my husband and I have offered to at the end of the vacation to (I don't want to use the word allow the wrong way, he doesn't need my permission to dress) go out in public with him for the first time dressed, we are going to LV and I know what happens in LV stays in LV but I still worry about how mean people can be and what can be said and I don't want either one of us to be hurt... any suggestions on how to proceed with this adventure for us both. I want this experience one he/she will never forget.
Buttercup

Sandra
05-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Just be yourselves and act normal. Most people will just be going about their own business and not notice, those that do will probably stare or make some comment, if the comment is nasty then try not to say anything back if they see that it bothers you then they will do it more. I have found that if people do comment or look, I make sure they know that I have noticed them and most of the time they don't know where to put them selves, quite often in a restaurant people have been pointing and turning round and I have just said "do you want something", it embarrass them and if a menu is handy it comes up to their faces. This may sound daft but one thing that does phase people is smiling at them, I don't mean going round all day with a big grin on your face :) but if sommat is said then just smile,

I hope you both have a wonderful time.

Missy Anne's GG
05-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi buttercup,

It is so thoughtful of you to make these plans so that your husband has such a memorable experience!

My husband prefers to stay at home when dressed, so I can't offer any advice.

I hope you and your husband have a wonderful time and you'll be in my thoughts. You sound like you're a super mate for him!

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG