PDA

View Full Version : LA, Florida, Texas, and Atlanta Crossdressing scenes......

Stephanie Southwest
11-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Help! I can't decide where to move to. I can move anywhere in the United States right now.

Can anyone shed some light on ANY following towns for Crossdressers (as far as CD boutiques, CD friendly shops and night clubs):

1. Dallas

2. Houston

3. Atlanta

4. Los Angeles

5. Atlanta

6. Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville

7. Miami and South Florida

8. Las Vegas

Which one of these towns would you move to?

JennyCD
11-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Wow, that's quite a broad range of places to move. Wish I could give you some hard info, but I do know that LA, and Miami both have pretty large populations of CDs as does Tampa.

But then, I would guess that just about any large city does :)

If I were having to chose one of these places, and wanted to be able to go out dressed a lot, I'd probably pick LA as they are about the most open-minded bunch around. they pretty much see "it all" there. But, personally, I don't like Cali very much lol

My second choice would probably be Las Vegas simply because I have alwasy loved that town.

Why the large territory? Must be nice to be able to move anywhere you want.

Stephanie Southwest
11-11-2004, 05:41 PM
JennyCD,

Have you ever been out to a night club dressed in Tampa? I heard that there was a pretty good night club there that caters to CD's.

I went out in LA one time to their top CD club on Saturday night about a month ago. There were alot of well dressed CD's but the place was really small and cramped.

Vallari
11-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Well I havent been out to those big cities u mention nor do I know very much about the CD scene in each of them. However I have been to Key West (in south FL near Miami - go southwest out into ocean 126 miles from Miami!). Its a pretty cool place and its like anything goes there. It's a very unique place and I think a CD of any age would have great fun there.

Also, check out Austin TX :D Thats a pretty cool place too. I think Austin's one of the most liberal places in TX if your interested in this state any.

clarissa3d
11-11-2004, 06:39 PM
I can say there is not alot here in Atlanta Yet... :(

JennyCD
11-11-2004, 08:05 PM
JennyCD,

Have you ever been out to a night club dressed in Tampa? I heard that there was a pretty good night club there that caters to CD's.

I went out in LA one time to their top CD club on Saturday night about a month ago. There were alot of well dressed CD's but the place was really small and cramped.

I haven't worked up to that yet, but I do know there are some good clubs in Tampa and from what I've seen there are quite a few CD/TV/TS folks there. I grew up in that area so I know it's fairly tolerant. South Florida is definately more "happening" but I really couldn't recommend Miami. Just a personal thing but it can be a very rough city.

Tristen Cox
11-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Florida! Well you might not to stay forever but certainly visit, and look me up when you do.

Hugs
T

Sharon
11-12-2004, 02:07 AM
Not on your list, but both SF as well as southern Florida are huge! But if you ever want to try suburban Philly, give me a ring!
Sharon

Sarah Cummings
11-12-2004, 02:36 AM
Personally, I've lived in the San Jose area for some time and have been to San Francisco a number of times. I would definately say San Francisco. I also would say careful of eartquakes, but then you live in southern Cal, so you would know about those things. I was in MountainView, California in '89 when the 7.1 quake hit. Talk about a mind blower? whew! :eek: Sarah

Krissi
11-12-2004, 10:31 AM
I can tell you that Dallas has a interesting area. The clubs and Shops down in Deep Ellum (a club district not far from downtown that caters to a gay and TG crowd). I was actually at a wedding reception at a hotel near there a few years ago. There were all kinds of Dressers making their way down the street towards the clubs. (Parking is not the best down there) I know that Austin is pretty out there, and Houston is supposed to be too, but I've never been there.

JJ :)

Sarah Cummings
11-12-2004, 02:11 PM
I can tell you that Dallas has a interesting area. The clubs and Shops down in Deep Ellum (a club district not far from downtown that caters to a gay and TG crowd). I was actually at a wedding reception at a hotel near there a few years ago. There were all kinds of Dressers making their way down the street towards the clubs. (Parking is not the best down there) I know that Austin is pretty out there, and Houston is supposed to be too, but I've never been there.

There's a CD (Compac Disc) by Jerry Garcia Band called "Almost acoustic (which I have) and there's a song on it called "Deep Ellum Blues". Just thought I'd tell you if you didn't already know. It's a pretty cool song. Sarah :)

Stephanie Southwest
11-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Sharon,

When I think of South Florida I think of the movie Birdcage. That would be neat to go to some clubs like that.

Sarah,

I have been to Carla's in San Jose. What is the best club to go out to in San Fran on a Saturday night?

JJ,

I thought I heard something about Cedar Springs in the Dallas area as a good area with some CD friendly clubs. Maybe that is in the Deep Ellum district.

Krissi
11-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Steph,

I think Cedar Springs is one of the streets down there, but not sure. I've only been down there a couple times, I live bout 30 miles north of that area and don't get down there much. I think theres a club called Village Station down there that is very CD friendly. They used to have a website, but not sure what it was.

Sarah Cummings
11-13-2004, 07:25 AM
Sharon,

When I think of South Florida I think of the movie Birdcage. That would be neat to go to some clubs like that.

Sarah,

I have been to Carla's in San Jose. What is the best club to go out to in San Fran on a Saturday night?

JJ,

I thought I heard something about Cedar Springs in the Dallas area as a good area with some CD friendly clubs. Maybe that is in the Deep Ellum district.
Hi Steph, To be honest, I really don't know the clubs in San Francisco except for a couple concert halls where I worked at when I worked Concert security for the concert promoter Bill Graham. I know that San Fran in certain parts of the city is CD, TS, TG friendly. I've seen many around walking around on Market Street. Some may have been going to "Special" clubs or other places. No one seemes to bother them. Although, as anywhere some people will take notice. But they seem to walk about freely. Just stay out of alleyways and dark areas. Stay in the populated areas where you CAN be seen. (little safety tip) So if you go there, Market Street would be an area I would suggest. Maybe you can find a directory online to find those clubs in San Fran. Hope you have a good time if you go. Love Sarah Ps. IF you do go, let me know how things turn out. :)

Glenda
11-20-2004, 03:05 PM
I've found Houston to be very open and tolerant. I feel comfortable everywhere I go.