PDA

View Full Version : Playing the role

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 07:57 AM
We dream of being accepted as our feminine selves. I was wondering if any girls had an experience (or experiences) where that was realized. In other words, when you not only "passed" but received compliments as a woman as well. Ericka

gender_blender
05-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Yes, everyday.
Guys buy me drinks in bars and ask me to dance with them all the time. I get a dozen messages per day from guys on myspace.
The best response? A pleasant "Thank you" usually suffices.

~Charlie

ColleenCD
05-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Due to my lack of being out, the only time was when I purchased my wig. The sales lady was very complimentary on my facial features and how the hair fell on me. That was heaven.

Colleen

sharifemme
05-03-2006, 11:33 AM
[quote= received compliments as a woman as well. Ericka[/quote]

My favorite was when a pretty teenage girl came up to me in church and exclaimed what a pretty woman I was and what a nice dress I was wearing! I'm sure she knew I was TG but it was really nice to hear anyway.

It is a welcoming and affirming church and all lifestyles are not just tolerated there, but embraced! The members there are truly some of my favorite people in the world!

Sharifemme

steffie39
05-03-2006, 11:54 AM
When I was in Las vegas, a waitress said she thought I was pretty. She said all I needed to do was perfect my walk a bit more and I would be a lady. That was nice to hear and I'll always remember. :)

Steffie

alysonatl
05-03-2006, 12:53 PM
I was on an elevator once when a woman complimented me on the outfit I was wearing(red and black skirt and top). I thanked her and complimented her on her holiday sweater. There we were, two gals yapping away. A man got on a floor or two later and said "Good morning ladies." I was in heaven.
Another time came when I was shopping een femme and one of the girls at the Estee Lauder counter asked me if I wanted to try on some perfume, and since it was slow monday night, offered to let me try on some eye shadow. She ended up redoing my eye makeup, showing me little tricks along the way. She called me "miss" and we talked about makeup, dresses an romantic issues (she was having boyfriend problems0. I ended up buying the eyeshadow, and got a hug when I left.

allisonrn06
05-03-2006, 02:23 PM
No but once,before i gained 30- 40lbs I got dressed completely femme with makeup,wig and all and thought I looked good enough(with the exception of my hands)for a straight man to hit on me.

RikkiOfLA
05-03-2006, 02:28 PM
I get compliments all the time from women. That shouldn't be too surprising since I've been full time for 8 1/2 years.

I particularly enjoy making a perfectly respectable outfit including one or two pieces that are sexy or might be thought to be fetishy if worn in a different context. A good example: last year, I wore my black over the knee boots with a very nice dress that's just a little short, but the perfect length for the boots. I got a couple of compliments on the boots that day. One was from a teenager at a store in the mall. The other was from a woman about my age who exclaimed loudly and with a big friendly smile, "I LOVE THOSE BOOTS! WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?"

Since I'd gotten them at a crossdresser boutique (Glamour Boutique in Los Angeles) I just smiled and said "From a little store up in the Valley."

Still, her compliment made my day!

Rikki

Amelie
05-03-2006, 05:56 PM
I sort of get compliments.

Guys cop a feel on the bus. Guys follow me home at night. Guys rub their bodies on me on the dance floor. I get guys at Myspace and Youtube asking me to do things with them, they are mostly guys in their twenties.
If these are compliments, then yes, I get compliments.

btmgrl6
05-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I have gotton some,mostly nicer older men. I have guys try and get me to pull over while driving sometimes. A lot of truckers blast their horns at me...Could be my driving, or the fact that my skirt is hiked up enough to show the tops of my thigh highs.. I love doing that!:D

Lilith Moon
05-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Not sure if they are compliments, but had tons of hoots from truckers and other drivers and a few have pulled over and slowed down. I'm not sure whether they were seeing an attractive female or wanted a bit of tranny fun. Either way I've always ignored them.

Kaitlyn Michele
05-03-2006, 06:42 PM
i posted this before..butone time i was in a hotel bathroom...reapplying my lipstick for the one millionth time!!! ....

the janitor came in and said sorry...i came out a couple a minutes later, thinking he would go away...he was literally standing at the door , waiting for me to come out...

he just gave me a huge smile and said..."Well, that's all right"...i'll nver forget that...i just walked away giving him a good look at my butt

lol

Faye Emmette
05-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Mainly from my girlfriends but once attending a good lesbian friends birthday party, many of the women there liked my legs.

Jodi Lynn
05-03-2006, 07:50 PM
When I was out one night and I got hit on by a guy, I knew that I had done it and was very passable.

Karren H
05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Well, guys hold the door for me and the old ladies in the restrooms always like to chat so........

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 09:19 PM
My best experience is rather convoluted (like you're surprised?). Suffice it to say the first time I went out to a Renaissance meeting at the GLBT church they held it at, I ran into "normal" people to ask directions since I really didn't know where in blazes I was going. People would compliment me on my outfit or my hair (mostly GG's in that department). When I finally found the place, I had to ask where the meeting was. I received a lot of admiring glances and heard people referring to me as a "woman". That was my FIRST experience on an extended outing and really encouraged me to continue. It was nice. Take care, Love, Ericka

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 09:24 PM
When I was out one night and I got hit on by a guy, I knew that I had done it and was very passable.
I get hit on a lot Jodi Lynn (sometimes too much--now I know what GG's go through sometimes) so I know what you mean. Like GG's however, I get annoyed when they just look at my "equipment" and not who I am as a person. Kinda makes me wonder sometimes. Love, Ericka

Laurie Ann
05-03-2006, 09:26 PM
I have been referred to as ma'am or miss on numerous occasions by both men and women. I also was hit on by a guy in a bar one night offering to buy me a drink.

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Not sure if they are compliments, but had tons of hoots from truckers and other drivers and a few have pulled over and slowed down. I'm not sure whether they were seeing an attractive female or wanted a bit of tranny fun. Either way I've always ignored them.
I have a CD girlfriend who drives around in a micro mini and low cut blouse just to rile up truckers. She tapes the CB comments about her and keep them to listen to. To each er own I guess. Take care, Ericka

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 09:31 PM
I have been referred to as ma'am or miss on numerous occasions by both men and women. I also was hit on by a guy in a bar one night offering to buy me a drink.
Hope you took him up on his offer, Laurie Ann. I would have but that's just lil ole me LOL Ericka

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I sort of get compliments.

Guys cop a feel on the bus. Guys follow me home at night. Guys rub their bodies on me on the dance floor. I get guys at Myspace and Youtube asking me to do things with them, they are mostly guys in their twenties.
If these are compliments, then yes, I get compliments.
Sounds nice Hon. I really love getting compliments. This gal needs all the compliments she can get. Love, Ericka

BeckyCath
05-04-2006, 05:15 AM
I don't so much get compliments daily, but i'm not living for the compliments!

It is nice to pass, and to be accepted as a woman. I don't get ma'amed very much, but in the UK, that's not really done so much these days, especially by female shop assistants...
However, the otherday i was at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford waiting for the parking attendant to come and retrieve my pound coin that the machine had swallowed, and a retired doctor was chatting with me, and when the attendant arrived, the Dr said "This Lady was first and called you"...

My nail technician tells me i'm more womanly than some of her female clients... that's nice, and is even more special as she knows I'm trans, afterall, she did my first set of acrylics when i was in boy mode!

The minister of my church (St Columba's in city centre Oxford) told me that she couldn't imagine me as a guy!

I've never been chatted up, but as a 30 something woman with children and responsibilites, i never get out to get that opportunity. I'm happier being accpeted as a woman amongst the scool mums!

One day, some guy is going to chat me up!

Rebecca