PDA

View Full Version : Purses?

Karren H
05-03-2006, 11:51 AM
How many purses do you own and what’s your favorite? I have 4 or 5 but my favorite is a brown, cloth, short handled one shown in the photo below…..It’s goes with almost everything and is large enough to hold all my crap, glasses, makeup, and my Sony Cybershot and minitripod, for those action shots…. LOL You should see my brief case!!! Monster purse and a half!!

Love Karren

DawnRodgers
05-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Have a few perses but my favorite is a little 8" X 6" with a shoulder dtrap that is just right for holding my essentials. Lipstick, mascara, eye shadow, small perfume, keys and wallet (small wallet). Hate those big purses where everything gets lost in the sides or the bottom. Would rather travel light.
Dawn.

CharlaineCadence
05-03-2006, 12:09 PM
lets see

i have about 9 purses and 5 clutches
my fave. is a soft black one by hush puppy
kiss kiss
Char

Joy Carter
05-04-2006, 09:20 AM
I do have a few purses/handbags (pick your own terminology). Anything gold, silver, or turquoise qualifies as a favorite and continues to get my attention when out shopping. :battingeyelashes:

Reana! OMG is to die for!

EricaCD
05-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Wow Reana....

I just have three: a little black velvet one that's nice for evening attire, a hot pink one for trashy days, and a medium sized gray Coach purse that I use for day to day.

Erica

barbaracd
05-04-2006, 11:52 AM
I only have one and I like it. It holds all my essentials. I'd like to buy others but since I have to hide all my fem garb , one will have to do.

Stiletto
05-04-2006, 01:05 PM
I have two - despite the fact I'll never go out and actually use them (I have no interest in that). Both are black leather (one medium sized and one smaller) and I use them to keep my makeup and jewelry in.

Here is the smaller one (I love this one!): http://wil.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-2087812v130a.jpg

Ms. Donna
05-04-2006, 01:51 PM
I do have a few purses/handbags (pick your own terminology).

Since we're doing show and tell:

http://cydathria.com/images/misc/bags.jpg
And I love the lining in this one:

http://cydathria.com/images/misc/pinklining.jpg

Yes, I know - a lot of black (except for the brown Fendi and pixilated green camo Longchamps bags.) But as I carry a bag all the time, it is a bit more understated.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Ellie
05-04-2006, 02:35 PM
I only have three, a large white one with fringe and silver sparkles, a small black leather pouch with long shoulder strap, and a small pink clutch with Tinker Bell on it.

I like to use the little black one for casual outfits and the clutch for my trashy, usually pink or red outfits.

I got the black bag at "out of the closet" - a 2nd hand resale shop the benifits AIDS research. Great place to find what others have purged!

FionaAlexis
05-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Purses - handbags - are at the lower end of my need scale.

I have 5 - a soft leather black tote, a patent black one with detachable gold chain and handle as well, a black shoulder bag, a tan leather tote and a clear vinyl tote.

I also have access to my partner's bags [and she with mine] and she has
20+ in a wider range of colours.

I'm starting to love the idea that your bag makes a fashion statement - and is no longer a matching accessory - and I'm starting to look at more unique style bags.

Fiona xx

Katrina
05-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Gawd, I feel like such a newbie...I only have one and I have not had it for very long. Its cute, but I'm not sure I like the straps very much - they are too short...

Toyah
05-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Ah an easy one for me dont have a need for one so dont have one

Joanna0909a
05-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi, I have several, but the last one I just got is real leather versus vinyl. It has a shoulder strap and is just the right size and color, a cigarette tobacco color. Have not had the joy of being out with it yet - but soon!!

genevieve
05-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Had only one black purse, to small for my necesaary items. Recently addded two nice larger ones to hold my camera and such, but nice for my upcoming weekend as a woman. Payless is fantastic, a great pair of heels and two purses a little over $50. I feel like a woman when shopping!

Kate Simmons
05-04-2006, 07:16 PM
I have about 20 or so purses. My favorite one though is a black and brown patchwork purse that has what seems to be a gazillion compartments. I can put everything in there except my breakfast. The biggest problem I seem to have though is finding anything. These things must have been invented by some guy who hated women. Have to empty the dang thing out everytime I go to the ladies room. No wonder it takes women so long in there. Ericka

Jodi
05-04-2006, 09:32 PM
I have about 30 purses. Mine range from dressy to casual. For passability, I try to carry a classy purse that sets off my outfit. Women notice purses. When I am carrying one of my designer bags, I will get positive comments and compliments. Women in general really like their purses, probably even more than their shoes. I have one Prada purse, four Louis Vuitton purses, one Gucci bag, and one Dooney and Bourke. The rest are Ninewest, Liz Claibourne, etc. My purses are in many different color hues and color schemes designed to compliment different outfits.

Jodi