PDA

View Full Version : Standard question with a twist....

Emma_Forbes
05-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Hi All,

Questions, thoughts, events and analysis of my life have made me curious. I know the question of transitioning and gender identity crops up quite a lot in here and there are lots of opinions (and apologies to the GG's and anyone who might be offended) but my question is this: Forgetting all about crossdressing and incorrect gender identities, would you rather have been born a woman?

To try to clarify, I am not ever going to transition as I am happy :happy: with my assigned gender, but would have been just as happy :happy: if I had been born a woman even with all the disadvantages that society creates. I think I would have fitted in quite well as a woman and would have been quite at home being at home - as it were.

I hope I have described the question well. Please don't think I'm confused, either about the question or my gender - I'm not. It's just a difficult question to phrase so I hope I've got across where my thinking is at. Be interested to hear opinions and if anyone can clarify the point I'm trying to make, please do.

Em

Marla S
05-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Well, which measure one would use ?

At first all of this stereotypes come in mind, but that don't help to answer the question, because they are stereotypes.
One would have to judge the hole package, and that's to difficult for me.
Probably advantages and disadvantages equalize from an objective point of view. From a more subjective point of you you're back to the gender identity.
Therefore I think the question is not to answer.

I first would have to be a woman to see if it is any better, but I would give it a try.

Jennaie
05-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Based on my personality and the way I view things, I would have preferred to have been born female.

betty56
05-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Emma, For me the answer is yes. My shy personality and my sencitivity(sp) would have been a better female match and I believe I could have gotten along a litte better in the world as a woman! But, this is the card that was delt me so I do my best:rolleyes:

DonnaT
05-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Nooooo :D

I wouldn't even have wanted to go through having periods, or, later in life having menopause.

Julie Avery
05-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I would not rather have been born a woman. I suspect that I crossdress because of my male libido.

Siobhan Marie
05-03-2006, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't like to have born a woman, couldn't handle the periods or being pregnant. I'm happy as I am, a crossdresser and not ashamed of it.

:hugs: Anna x

btmgrl6
05-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Rather been born a woman here......100% sure. The only thing that would change would be the plumbing.

Sedona
05-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Interesting question.

I'd go with the male. I identify more with being male than female, but feel that my sensitive qualities are a virtue in this masculine world.

urban gypsy
05-03-2006, 06:20 PM
It's nice being a part time woman as you avoid all the true female problems [ periods,pregnancy and menapause ] Oh! almost forgot the biggest female problem according to Ann Marie MEN! LOL!!!

Katrina
05-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I go through phases where I think I should have been born a woman and phases where I'm glad I was born a guy. Right now I'm in the middle of a doozy one where I think I should have been a girl.

Joy Carter
05-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Sure in a heart beat even thought it would mean the some time un-pleasantries, I love the whole package and would live it to the fullest.

pattysues
05-03-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm going to go with, yes. One thing that I would like to have gone through is being pregnant. Not do to the pain, but for the experience of the whole deal. I can remember wishing to be a girl from about the age of 12 or so. I'm not willing go the route of reassignment, for many different reasons. I'm just hoping to be reincarnated as a girl.

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi Em, In my case, I don't think it would have made any difference. I'd be who I am today and still be able to enjoy the best of both worlds. I probably would have ended up being a "tomboy" and a loner because of my family life. Even though I was a boy, I always secretly considered myself a girl "tomboy" anyway. My two sisters weren't "dainty flowers" by any means and we enjoyed "rough and tumble" play together. They even let me play with their dolls with them on the flip side of the coin. I know that I probably sound nutty (I usually do) but those are my feelings. I think I'd be whi I am regardless. Take care, Ericka

Faye Emmette
05-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Oh I have had, and still have a great life.
It's so so good being who I am and the life of wild parties and highspeed motorcycles and raising children and living as a woman and everything have been fabulous.
The self doubting and gender puzzles of younger life are over and I still enjoy both of my lives.
No, I wouldn't change a thing.

Jolene
05-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm going to go with, yes. One thing that I would like to have gone through is being pregnant. Not do to the pain, but for the experience of the whole deal. I can remember wishing to be a girl from about the age of 12 or so. I'm not willing go the route of reassignment, for many different reasons. I'm just hoping to be reincarnated as a girl.

This pretty much says it for me as well .... Jolene

lynnrichards
05-04-2006, 12:24 AM
I would have rather been born a girl. I've felt that since I was very young, about 5 or 6. I'm 65 now. What I've noticed as I've grown older is that the need to dress and go out in public grows stronger all the time. So I've decided to indulge those desires to a greater degree. Although it's a little daunting, I plan to go out about once a week, for now, and see how it goes.

Lynn