PDA

View Full Version : What's your routine?

Sandra
05-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi girls :)

I hope this is ok to post here? I was going to post this in the beauty section, but then realised that some of the girls here may not be members there.

So what is your beauty routine? and do you do this just when you've been wearing makeup or all the time.

Do you do the full thing, cleanse, tone, moisturise, or are you a quick wash and leave it at that?

Me personally, I cleanse, tone, eye gel for dark circles and droopy eye lids :(, neck gel then moisturise and twice a week ex foliate and put a mask on.:eek:

So come on girls spill the beans about your routine.

Eugenie
05-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Well Sandra,

Your question is very welcome.

My routine is fairly basic... First of all I admit that I'm a beginner with makeup. A little foundation, some powder here and there, eye shadow and eye liner and a bit of lipstick. All of that trying to be a lot less heavy handed than I was before...

At the end of the day I use a cleansing "milk" to clean my makeup and after that take a shower.

I get into one of my nightgowns and go to sleep...

Not much of a fancy routine isn't it...

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the discussions in this forum...

Love.

Eugenie

Phyliss
05-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Exfoliate everymoring while showering, and shave in the shower, (seems to get closer that way) afterwards moistureize then apply some clear mascara, (getting practice for the good stuff, only poked my eye twice this week). If I have the chance, some lip gloss, again in a somewhat clear type.
At night wash face and apply Oil of Olay night cream.

I think it has helped me at least look better to a degree. I've received a few compliments about my face looking a bit better. People think it's because I've been going to the gym.

gender_blender
05-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I wake up and shower.
I put a little foundation and eyeliner on and I'm good for the day.

That's it.
Charlie

cindybarnes
05-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi Sandra,

My routine may change a bit but I try to be as consistant as I can about caring for my skin.
Every morning I use Oil of Olay clenser followed by a moisturiser. Sometimes I will use a tinted moisturiser , even while in drab.
Once or twice a week I use a exfoliating clensor .
I have several types of mask products but dont normaly use them if I havnt worn makeup.
My night routine is not as good as it should be, but do use Noxema cleansing wipes when my face looks oily.

Cindy

Jillian310
05-03-2006, 04:40 PM
For me, it is foundation, blush, of course brushed nicely, eye shadow - I like a lot - lipstick followed by gloss, eyebrow liner, I have lots of problems with my eyes because I have developed a catarack in my left eye, so when I have to close the right one to work on the makeup, it can get a little bizzare! I also keep my nails longish and acrylic, with clear polish most of the time (crimson for the extra special 'events'), and my toenails pink for wearing sandals.

linnea
05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Whenever I can, I do a full routine, but because I'm still in the closet the frequency of opportunity is sporadic. I'll go for a couple of weeks able to do everything, then go a couple of months with only minimal skin care. When I'm wearing makeup on a regular basis, say for a weekend, I prep and moisturize and cleanse, etc.

DonnaT
05-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Shave while showering.

Exfoliate then cleans with Noxema cleanser/moisturizer, all while showering.

Sometimes I'll use another moisturizer after getting out of the shower, but that depends on how the skin looks, i.e., is it flaking, etc.

CharlaineCadence
05-03-2006, 05:09 PM
wake up 5 am

take off gloves and wash off any mosturiser off hands

wash off mud mask if worn to bed( this is every other day or so )

run hot bubble bath adding epson salts and lavender or rose oils to water with avon skin so soft

place noxzema on face and legs let it sting.

enter tub scrub legs and face with loofa then proceed to rest of body

place noxzema on armpits

scrub pits after a bit

scrub feet with stone

lather and shave legs

shave garden of love and the hidden planters

shave chest and tummy

wash little hair on head

soak

pull plug of tub stand rince off with shower cool water brrrrrrrrrr

get out dry off

lather face and shave with grain of growth rince

lather shave agenst grain of growth rince

use moisturiser and shave with grain rince

use moisteriser shave agenst grain rince

patt face dry

dress into undergarments put dressing rob on

microwave tatto cover

blot tattoo cover and blend well

blend foundation well

set with powder

mascara and eye liner

blush

blend well

lip liner

lipstick

blend

set with powder

dress rest of way

comb hair and put on

style to mood

and poof

7:30- 8:am ready to go

This is what i do on a dayly basis. funny thing is i dont get tired of it. but then it helps me pass

Sharon
05-03-2006, 05:25 PM
I exfoliate everytime I shower or bathe by using a Buf Puf saturated with a moisturizing body wash. I then moisturize with a lotion as soon as I step out, before the skin completely dries. I shave my face in front of the mirror over the sink so that I can see myself (blind as a bat) and then I apply Aveeno lotion to my face and check my brows for stray hairs. I shave my sparse body hair once a week while taking a bubble bath (my only regular indulgence!).

I wear makeup almost everyday, the amount depending on whether I'm going out or not, or on what my level of laziness is on any particular day.:o
Regardless, I always put on at least a light covering of liquid makeup and a little concealer, the less the better in my opinion, as long as my beard shadow is hidden.
I try my best to follow a regular face cleansing routine, avoiding soaps and by washing my face only in the morning and when I remove my makeup. At bedtime, I merely splash cool water on my face and apply a little moisturing cream.

Amelie
05-03-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't even know what these things are that you mentioned,,, eye gel, neck gel, tone, foliate and mask, although the mask thing sounds interesting. I don't know what these things are or do. I just wash and put make-up on, then wash it off again, then repeat routine.

Sometimes I use some Aveno stuff for moisterizing. And I use baby powder when I am at home, it keeps my face smooth.

Karren H
05-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Quick wash, shave, moisturize, then makeup! If I'm in a hurry, 15 minutes tops. If I'm not. HOURS. Hehehe

Love Karren

Sally24
05-03-2006, 06:23 PM
In the morning I use Mary Kay TimeWise 3in1 Cleanser, then follow up with their AgeFighting moisturizer. Then I top it all off with WaterBabies waterproof spf60 sunblock on the neck and cheeks. I never sleep in make-up and take it off with Ponds cream.

You young girls, I can't stress enough to stay out of the sun or use sun block! If I had used it more 15 years ago my skin would be close to perfect!

HaleyPink2000
05-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Does the eye gel for droopy eye lids work?
I have been wanting to find something for that.

plz pm me and let me know!

I get up Shower, Shave, " then put Noxema on my face" and Hmmm? three S's you know. Some powder and underarm spray, and I'm ready for my day. Unless it's a Femme day. Oh and many are lol! :)

Thanks Sandra for the thred! :)

Faye Emmette
05-03-2006, 07:13 PM
How I start the day...

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Quick wash, shave, moisturize, then makeup! If I'm in a hurry, 15 minutes tops. If I'm not. HOURS. Hehehe

Love Karren
I'm the same as you and Amelie, Karr, don't have the time to take to pamber myself and REALLY make myself beautiful. I just shave,use a moisturizing creamer and am good to go. My makeup routine that usually follows is somewhat simple as well but I won't get into that since they are talking about lotions (which my company makes--I know what some of the ingredients look like in person, scary sometimes) and creams, etc. Sometime there just isn't enough time in the day to do what we would LIKE to do as you know all too well. Take care, Love Ericka

Clare
05-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Each morning I use a facial moisturising day cream for the day. After the working day, I apply a toner to my face. In the evenings, I use a moisturising cream specifically for nighttime. On weekends, I will 'do' a face mask.

For my nails, I apply a clear strengthening polish daily.

That's basically it. I only use a cleanser when I wish to remove makeup.

Marlena Dahlstrom
05-04-2006, 01:00 AM
My regular routine

Daily - AM
Foamy facial wash in shower
Apply shave gel, let it sit 2-3 minutes before shaving to let it moisturize beard
Apply a few drops of anti-oxidant under eyes and to sun-damaged areas, as well as any areas with shaving irritation
Apply after-shave balm
Apply moisturizer under eyes (I've got oily skin, so I don't really need to moisturize elsewhere)
Apply benzoyl peroxide solution or topical antibiotic to zits
Apply scar treatment lotion to knee surgical scar and a couple other scars
Apply sunscreen and lip balm with sunscreen

Daily - PM
Foamy facial wash
Apply moisturize under eyes

2-3 times a week
Apply 2% BHA solution to areas prone to break-outs and/or throat areas prone to shaving irritation (BHA helps exfoliate)
As needed, apply acetylsaliclic acid (aspirin) solution to irritated shaving areas
Body shave (using conditioner as a shaving lotion)

Weekly
Facial mask
Check brows (and ears :eek: ) for stray hairs
Paint fingernail with OPI Matte Nail Envy (helps prevent broken nails)

2-3 times a month
Get brows waxed

3-4 times a year
Go to spa for facial, including extractions