PDA

View Full Version : Femme Shoe Question

Vallari
11-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Lately I've been needing more femme shoes. It's like my wardrobe is growing more and more yet I have only one pair of shoes - some black strappy heels with a 3'' heel I think. So Im thinking maybe some flipflops and tennies for general wear. Of course I've been looking around in stores and it seems like womens shoes stop at size 12. I know they come in larger sizes on net, etc, but I just wanna pay for them straight out at the store.

My question is can I get a pair of guys tennis shoes (probably all white) and just put pink or some femme colored laces in them? Do you guys think this would look okay? Has anyone tried this before and if so - how were the results?

JennyCD
11-11-2004, 07:58 PM
I've been wondering about buying femme shoes myself. I would much rather be able to try them on instead of buying online. I am wondering about sizes myself. I normally wear an 11 0r 12 men's, so what size would that be in women's? (yeah, i know i have big feet hehe)

Tristen Cox
11-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Usually you add two sizes to womens shoe sizes: i.e. if you are 11-12 mens then size 13-14 womens. For boots definitly go two full sizes larger maybe three depending on the toe)or you are going to lose circulation :eek:

Love
Tristen

JennyCD
11-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Wow, are there ANY stores that stock women's shoes in those sizes?

Sharon
11-12-2004, 02:09 AM
I've never tried them, but I heard Payless carries large sizes. Don't know how large though since I'm only interested in 11's.

titleguy
11-12-2004, 05:15 AM
I've been to Target, WalMart, DKY, Payless and the best they do is about a size 11 with very little choice. I sure would love to find somewhere out there to be able to have a larger (get it?) variety!

christine55
11-12-2004, 06:03 AM
My feet are a man's size 11 to 12. I buy my shoes at Payless Shoes and buy a women's 12 wide. They are usually a bit small at first and hurt my feet but I have a shoe stretcher (can be bought at any shoe repair shop). These work better with leather shoes, most of payless shoes are man made material. But if you keep them on the stretcher for a day or two I can wear them with little discomfort. If you catch them at a good time they have some very nice shoes for very reasonable prices. My favorite pair (I am wearing them in this pic) is only a size 11. Open toes are better. Closed pointy toes usually do not work.
Hugs Christine

http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/shoes.jpg

Fiona K
11-12-2004, 06:26 AM
Allison, you must have no trouble getting shoes!!
I am size UK 8 normally and have 8s and 7s in heels. The 7s fit best but I can occasinally "borrow" 6s.

The US girls have two different shoe scales, one for guys and one for girls, a bit confusing, hence Tristen's comments.

Fiona
xx

Tonia
11-12-2004, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=WacoTXGurl]Lately I've been needing more femme shoes. It's like my wardrobe is growing more and more yet I have only one pair of shoes - some black strappy heels with a 3'' heel I think. So Im thinking maybe some flipflops and tennies for general wear. Of course I've been looking around in stores and it seems like womens shoes stop at size 12. I know they come in larger sizes on net, etc, but I just wanna pay for them straight out at the store.

My question is can I get a pair of guys tennis shoes (probably all white) and just put pink or some femme colored laces in them? Do you guys think this would look ok
Try Lane Bryant Usually in the malls you can find any shoe from their department up to size 13 they have a great selection of shoes. Also Romans in my area we have both department stores located in the Mall Romans carries up to size 14w I have purchased from both stores and I ware a size 12w.

Tonia:)

Tristen Cox
11-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Wow, are there ANY stores that stock women's shoes in those sizes?

When we get into UK sizes it gets a bit confusing yes. In addition I myself wear the same size flats as my male shoes, but as the heel raises so does the sizes. Payless carries up to 12 and even 13 in some stores to answer your question Jenny. Open toes give you more room for the toes to breathe so they may only be one size difference. Remember I was answering this question for shoes made here in the US not the UK. Also wide or narrow feet, short or long toes, pointed toed shoes or boots, and square toed shoes or boots all play a factor in determining the size you need. So it is best to go to the store yourself and try them on to get fulmiliar with your sizes.

Sharon
11-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Girls..., girls! We always need new shoes. Every color in every heel. Tennis shoes, slippers, casuals, etc., etc., etc., ............................................. ;)

babe4life
11-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Usually you add two sizes to womens shoe sizes: i.e. if you are 11-12 mens then size 13-14 womens. For boots definitly go two full sizes larger maybe three depending on the toe)or you are going to lose circulation :eek:

Listen to Tristen!! I made the mistake of going one size smaller than I usually wear. Can anyone say: can't feel my feet? Yes well. Very pretty for the photo shot and then they came off :p

Love,
Vicky

Laura Jane
11-13-2004, 03:38 PM
When we get into UK sizes it gets a bit confusing yes.

You'll be even more confused as its Euro sizes more and more here now. My size 9's (US 9.5) work out as a 43! Most Woman shoes are made in sizes up to 42!

Vallari
11-16-2004, 02:47 PM
OK Well I got some guy shoes from WalMart last night for like $15 dollars in my size. I also purchased some pink laces and replaced them with the drab white ones that came with the shoes. I wanted a femme look so I avoided shoes with a bunch of real complex stitching and color patterns. They're basically white with a little patch of grey on the top and back of them. I think they could pass if I wore something that made them look smaller maybe like flared jeans? What do u all think of them? Think they could pass?

CharlotteSomers
11-16-2004, 02:53 PM
wow. I guess I'm pretty lucky in the shoe dept. I wear size 8.5 mens and usually 9.5 womens. I can even fit into an 8.5 sometimes. I usually can find any style shoe I want almost anywhere. I feel for you girls with the larger feet.

Jennifer_Ph
11-16-2004, 03:00 PM
I wear womens 13W and get them all the time at Payless. Not all Payless stores carry womens 13, but some do. You can check it out at http://www.payless.com and shop by size.

DonnaT
11-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Rachel, the pink laces definitely do the trick. My eyes were drawn to the pink and had no idea that the shoes were mens.

Note that Converse sells a men's pink tennis shoe.

I wear a woman's 8.5 US men's 7.5 US.

Payless's web site has larger sizes up to 13 and they are having a 70% off sale.

I like going into Payless, got 3 pairs of strappy high heeled sandles for a total of $32 and the clerk was very helpful.