PDA

View Full Version : Wigs part 2

Emma_Forbes
05-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Girls,

OK, following the last bad hair post, I have now bought a new wig and am really happy with this one. What do you think? Please be honest - as if you wouldn't anyway!

Incidentally, is there any way to tell a real hair wig from another sort? I know it should be obvious but this wig is so much lovelier to the touch than the previous one and it's supposed to be real hair. But then I thought the previous one was as well.....! Ho hum.

Em

Siobhan Marie
05-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Love it Em, where did you get it?

Hugs Anna x

Emma_Forbes
05-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi Anna,

My friend - ebay!

Em

Sherrie
05-03-2006, 04:31 PM
It looks wonderful on you Emma. Good choice. :)

Julie York
05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Looks good. Maybe if you fluffed it out a bit to give it body it would frame your face nicely. Looks fine to me.:thumbsup:

DonnaT
05-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Seems to suit you just fine!

Lindahexi
05-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Looks nice, like the colour too, good choice Em.

Kaitlyn Michele
05-03-2006, 06:43 PM
yep good choice!!

btmgrl6
05-03-2006, 07:23 PM
As for as human hair from synthetic.... look at the price tag
I bought a real human hair wig..$400.00 . it's nice,but the synthetics are looking pretty real these days. i haee more sense,and less money now lol ,so I'll opt for the synthetic, I can get two or three for the price of a human hair wig.
if you take proper care of them.they'll last a good long time.
I like long wigs,because I like to wear my hair up. show of my neck...

Kathryn
05-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Em, very attractive. The style and color look natural on you.
Kathryn:love:

Jodi
05-03-2006, 08:06 PM
That is a much better choice for you. Before buying a human hair wig, remember that it must be cared for as a gg would care for real human long hair. If you are into styling and have the time and patience to care for a human hair wig properly, then do it. If not cared for properly, a human hair wig will look terrible in a short period of time. A good synthetic wig will look great with great texture. a cheap wig will be just that--a cheap wig and will look it. Only you can decide.

Jodi

Karren H
05-03-2006, 08:34 PM
I personally love it!!! A keeper!

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Wow Em, I love the look and the style. I personally wear synthetic wigs. Depends on the cap, etc. how natural they look, but a gay friend of mine showed me how to tease 'em and poof 'em up. That's mostly for curly styles though. Lately I've been getting straight cuts as they are less maintenance and with a skin part, fly around a lot which I like, especially when I dance. As far as human hair, I've been wanting to get one to try but they are usually more expensive. Karren swears by them and she should know if anyone does. Take care and enjoy your new look Hon, it suits you. Love, Ericka

Karren H
05-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Wow Em, I love the look and the style. I personally wear synthetic wigs. Depends on the cap, etc. how natural they look, but a gay friend of mine showed me how to tease 'em and poof 'em up. That's mostly for curly styles though. Lately I've been getting straight cuts as they are less maintenance and with a skin part, fly around a lot which I like, especially when I dance. As far as human hair, I've been wanting to get one to try but they are usually more expensive. Karren swears by them and she should know if anyone does. Take care and enjoy your new look Hon, it suits you. Love, Ericka

NOT that expensive at Karren's House of Used Wigs and Dust Mop Emporium!!!! hehehe And the most I've ever paid for a human hair wig was $85....or was that a dust mop??? LOL

Love karren

EricaCD
05-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Infinite improvement. What a difference!

Looks great and the color suits you perfectly.

I have not made the plunge into human hair wigs (scared of the upkeep), but the monofilament cap synthetics are pretty darn good.

Erica

genevieve
05-04-2006, 07:38 PM
a great wig, on ebay? you must disclose the seller, am quite happy for you!

Karren H
05-04-2006, 07:53 PM
a great wig, on ebay? you must disclose the seller, am quite happy for you!

Three stores I've purchased from,

http://stores.ebay.com/ROCKY-MOUNTAIN-BEAUTY
http://stores.ebay.com/Hair-Me-Now
http://stores.ebay.com/U-Look-Marvelous-Wigs

Very happy with my purchases from all three and highly recommend them. Great products, great prices, resonable shipping in the US.

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
05-04-2006, 08:07 PM
NOT that expensive at Karren's House of Used Wigs and Dust Mop Emporium!!!! hehehe And the most I've ever paid for a human hair wig was $85....or was that a dust mop??? LOL

Love karren
But a CUTE dust mop for sure Karr. Even if it was, you could make a dust mop look good. Got any used ones for us "penny pinching" gals? Love, Ericka

Laurie Ann
05-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Looks very cute and fits your face quite nicely.

Karren H
05-04-2006, 08:54 PM
But a CUTE dust mop for sure Karr. Even if it was, you could make a dust mop look good. Got any used ones for us "penny pinching" gals? Love, Ericka

Sorry Ericka, you missed it!! I gave away 12 wigs last year to deserving girls!!! Plus I'm always giving away clothing. I get tired of my things and fashions change! LOL

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
05-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Sorry Ericka, you missed it!! I gave away 12 wigs last year to deserving girls!!! Plus I'm always giving away clothing. I get tired of my things and fashions change! LOL

Love Karren
Damn! That's what I get for missing your IM's. Anyway you look great in the ones you have now. In fact all you gals(including EM who started this thread)look great. I love all my sisters. Ericka

Adrienne Heels
05-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Emma, that wig is very pretty !! A very nice selection.

Emma_Forbes
05-05-2006, 02:09 AM
A huge thank you to all those who have replied. You are all so encouraging and have made this girl feel very good.

Thank you

Em