PDA

View Full Version : Do you care?

Maria-Christina
05-03-2006, 04:53 PM
For those of you who go out and about but not full time do people like your GP and dentist know of your dressing? I have had to take the nail polish off tonight because I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. Can't wait for it to be over and get back home to change back.

Maria

DonnaT
05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
No, I don't care.

Heck, my toe nails have polish, and I even go to the gym every morning to swim laps.

Maria-Christina
05-03-2006, 05:02 PM
I think I am trying to find a happy medium. I want to dress as much as possible but on the other hand I don't want to cause any unnecessary heart/brain ache.

Maria

Annaliese
05-03-2006, 05:16 PM
For those of you who go out and about but not full time do people like your GP and dentist know of your dressing? I have had to take the nail polish off tonight because I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. Can't wait for it to be over and get back home to change back.

Maria
I had a doctors appointment in march and I know that the doctor saw my pink thong and shaved legs and said nothing or actted any diffront.
A year ago I had an appointment with a female doctor and she commented on my shave legs, I was in the hospital about 5 years ago and a nurse commented on my shaved arms. I don't know if there is a pattern here but the male doctor seem more accepting than the females.

Anna

Emma_Forbes
05-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi

I'm caring less and less these days. I wouldn't make an effort for the doctor because I don't much like him and if I was wearing knickers and he saw them - tough.

I would for the dentist because she is the sister of a friend and I wouldn't want to cause any problems.

But generally, I'm less inclined to worry about it these days.

Em

gender_blender
05-03-2006, 05:52 PM

Maria

Why take off the nail polish just for a doctor's appointment?
That seems like a waste of a good nail job.

~Charlie

urban gypsy
05-03-2006, 06:13 PM
My GP knows only because at one point I felt I needed help, as i thought dressing was not normal so she refered me to a councillor.
But after a couple of visits and talking it over with Ann Marie I soon realised I am who I am.

btmgrl6
05-03-2006, 06:14 PM
My Shrink knows....

FionaAlexis
05-03-2006, 06:24 PM
No I don't care but my partner does. I'm not really into wearing nail polish etc. in male mode anyway except if I'm going out dressed later and trying save to time - so that's no big deal for me. However, I am shaved all over - plus I do want to able to talk about any issue with my GP and my partner preferred that I don't do that with the family GP. So changing doctors seemed to best option.

Fiona xx

Faye Emmette
05-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Maria,
I think this is one of those questions that are different for so many situations.
For those living a town of 100 people, care and concern is vital lest one be run out of town.
Living at Soho or The Village or Kings Cross(Sydney), acceptance is natural.
I live in an outer peripheral part of Sydney and bit by bit, I'm caring less about 'being caught', particularly since being made so comfortable from this site.

allisonrn06
05-04-2006, 07:40 AM
I have a work physical next week and will need to take the polish off my toenails for that.Once when I was work I thought I had sprained my ankle and had to go for x-rays.I had clear nail polish on that day and had to remove my sock for the x-ray-don't know if the x-ray tech noticed,but was only slightly nervous about it anyway.I would have been out of there without taking my socks off though if I had been wearing colored polish!

Actually,if you're doctor were to find out about this and said anything to anyone else about it,he or she could be in legal trouble,but still it could create problems for someone who doesn't want to be "out".

Butterfly Bill
05-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I wear a dress every time I go to the VA hospital here in Muskogee. Most of the staff has seen me several times already, and I get the same good mornings as anyone else. I even get smiles from some of the women.

Toni
05-05-2006, 01:56 AM
I had a hospital appointment and I had to have an injection. I thought it would be in the arm but no, it was in the backside and I was wearing a beautifull pair of fushcia nylon panties and my legs are shaved. The nurse didn't comment at all, same thing happened at the docs only this time I was wearing black lace panties but I guess they have seen it all in their time, as she didn't say anything either.

Clare
05-05-2006, 03:02 AM
In the past, there is no way I would have visited a medical centre or hospital wearing any femme clothing!

However, in recent times I've come to terms with my crosdressing and in fact it's becoming more of a daily routine rather than the exception. So I guess it's inevitable that I will present to a Doctor wearing some female clothing in the future.

Ellaine
05-05-2006, 03:38 AM
No I don't care but my partner does. I'm not really into wearing nail polish etc. in male mode anyway except if I'm going out dressed later and trying save to time - so that's no big deal for me. However, I am shaved all over - plus I do want to able to talk about any issue with my GP and my partner preferred that I don't do that with the family GP. So changing doctors seemed to best option.

Fiona xx

Hi Fiona :) great hairstyle babe!

Similar here ...femme undies and painted toes, but a good Doctor is a treasure and I'm not changing mine...just relying on Dr Discrection. They've seen it all lol

Khriss
05-05-2006, 04:13 AM
.. another "are We accepted by the "general public" question"??...
...well I'd say HELL NO ! ...Time and place perhaps ..sure ..and stretching your personal bounderies ..hey ! ..whatever You can get away with is fine.....do what ya gotta do...for Yourself and deal with the consequences... but, a world where I can "crossdress in eaze" with no repercussions, does'nt exist YET !!! atleastnotfor- Me !?
..I live in a world where skin color is still an issue for many..so go figure that gender ambiguity might freighten the - ignorant ?
ifIsoundpessimistic-duh?..

I still have ..hopes....xx"K"