PDA

View Full Version : Purging

Vannacd
05-03-2006, 05:35 PM
My friend Danielle recently purged for the third time. In my early days, I purged as well and now would kill for the beautiful clothing I either threw out or gave to charity. I think this is a real issue for those of us who are still not secure with our femme selves.

Any advice?

Wendy me
05-03-2006, 05:37 PM
yes pack it all away so when you want it's there ...don't purge....

Nlenro-nu2
05-03-2006, 05:38 PM
My friend Danielle recently purged for the third time. In my early days, I purged as well and now would kill for the beautiful clothing I either threw out or gave to charity. I think this is a real issue for those of us who are still not secure with our femme selves.

Any advice?

What Is Purging? never heard that word before! I'm Nlenro-nu2

DonnaT
05-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Tlak to her about accepting herself for who she is. Explain how purging is a waste of time and money. Tell her to give you the clothes to hold for her if she decides to purge.

Eric/a
05-03-2006, 05:52 PM

Didn't Vannacd describe it pretty plainly? "...the beautiful clothing I either threw out or gave to charity?" That's what purging is, pretty much. You'll hear a lot about that around here, I'm afraid. It's something CDs do when they try to quit. Sometimes they can quit for the rest of their lives after that, but more often than not, they'll start a new wardrobe later. If not right away, maybe six months or a year later, or even ten years later.

Several things can make someone purge. Sometimes it's because of guilt. Other times it's when they meet somebody special or get married and think now they won't have the urge to dress up anymore. I've seen too many think that and then find out differently!:D

Jennaie
05-03-2006, 05:59 PM

It's either when someone blows the water completely out of the tube of their snorkel to "purge" the snorkel, or it's when a crossdresser throws out all the female things he owns, usually due to feelings of guilt. :happy:

Purging is not recommended, last time I did it I threw away a few thousand dollars. OUCH!

gender_blender
05-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Advice on purging: Don't do it. Ever. You will regret it.
Engaging in this act only shows personal weakness.
A much better alternative is putting away those items until you wish to see them again.

I've never purged. I've never questioned who I am.

~Charlie

Adrienne Heels
05-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Putting the femme clothing away is the best advice...think of how much you spent

Vannacd
05-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Tlak to her about accepting herself for who she is. Explain how purging is a waste of time and money. Tell her to give you the clothes to hold for her if she decides to purge.

Very savvy advice. I'll let her know that next time she feels the need, I'll hold onto her stuff for her.

btmgrl6
05-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Put them away for a rainy day.....cardinal rule.. never toss good clothes.

Tina Dixon
05-03-2006, 06:27 PM
My wife found out about a month ago that I dressed, thought about getting rid of all my stuff, sure glad I never did it now. A person just need to put it away for a while untill your ready to deal with it.

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Don't do it girls. I found out the hard way. I've purged a total of four times in my "career". Each time was more expensive(both in wasted money and emotional upset) than the previous one. To put it simply, this gal will NEVER EVER purge again. The only purging I will be doing is if I get sick. Take care, Love, Ericka

Faye Emmette
05-03-2006, 06:38 PM
... The only purging I will be doing is if I get sick. ....
Oh Ericka,
For so many of and for so many times in our younger lives we might've thought we were "sick" for buying the clothes.... :D
Purging for me is when clothes don't fit anymore or are worn out.
The general concensus is that if you feel like you don't need this stuff anymore, put it away for a rainy day.

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks, Faye, I try to lighten things up a little but meant every word I said. So glad to have sisters such as yourself and others to share feelings with. Love, Ericka

Jodi Lynn
05-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Being an older girl myself I have purged a few times over the years. But I have learned from my past mistakes. One frind of mine still considers it purging when you put things away for awhile, that's fine with me saves money by not throwing everything away. BTW Tina, when my wife found out last year she took all my things away from me. I though for sure that everything was gone. A few days later she gave them back to me. Right now my things are in a duffel bag in the garage, I get them when I want to get dressed. At times she still asks me if I am ready to throw them out, I just tell her nope not yet.

Karren H
05-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah!!!! Stop it right now!! And realize that the woman in you isn't going away EVER and get on with you live... or lives!! LOL I did.....no remorse and no regrets!!

Love Karren

Bonnie D
05-03-2006, 09:36 PM
I purged once shortly after I got married. Thinking my wife was in a very open frame of mind I told her about my small stash of lingerie. In the midst of her rage she told me to throw whatever I had out and she didn't want to see or hear about what items I had. I did throw them out. My first day off work I was out buying some more and found a new hiding place. I've never told her again and I have never purged again. The only things I've thrown out are any stockings that had runs in them. Even if things don't fit anymore I just put them away thinking that I may be able to fit into them again sometime. Due to lack of space in my hiding areas I should do some minor purging to make room for new items.

Bonnie

JeanneF
05-03-2006, 11:10 PM
I've only purged once, right before I left for my Freshman year of college. It wasn't really out of guilt though, it was more because I didn't really have any good places in my parent's house that I would safely stash my clothes without at least some risk of them finding them.

There are still a couple of outfits and shoes from that stash that I REALLY wish I still had. One in particular was a really cute slipdress w/babydoll tee...very 1990s Seattle grunge look. Quite cute with a pair of black tights and Doc Martins. :)

Vannacd
05-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I agree - purging is not economical and it's not healthy.

I did the denial thing a few times..."this is enough, I'm going back to my normal self" and out my beloved femme attire went. As we all have experienced, the need ot express my feminine side resurfaced and out I went, shopping for clothing and make up all over again.

I think the worst of it was, getting rid of my Vanna personna by symbolically throwing out my "stuff" was like throwing a part of ME out with the trash.

Funny thing, my being Vanna turned out to be the norm, at least for me, after all. I mean, I never feel more realized and okay with myself than when I'm dressed.

Clare
05-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Uggh Purging! Last time for me was in early 1996 when I met my future wife. Well that relationship is over now and Clare is back permanently with no more purges - ever!

I am far more accepting of my transgendersim now than I have ever been and I can't really see another situation where I will feel the necessity of purging my clothes again!

But the several times in the past when I had purged cost me a great deal of money and wishing I'd kept certain items.

Joy Carter
05-04-2006, 02:00 AM
Yeah "friends don't let friends purge!" try and find brown suede heels in size thirteen! Dumb move Joy C! :mad:

Ashley Banks
05-04-2006, 02:59 AM
Its hard to resist some times, its becomes overwhelming the feeling of guilt or being ashamed but its best to put your femme things away, and give your self time to think about what your about to do. i know ive came VERY close to dumping it all a few times but just hours later being very glad i didnt.

ariel_cd
05-04-2006, 06:24 AM
In reading the number and similarity of replies to this thread, I wonder if this is some kind of "growing" thing that some, not all, of us go through. -- I'm not a psychiatrist. -- As one lady said, the need[B] to dress [B]never goes away. But as a yougster grows into maturity, do some of us need a breather from dressing a couple of times in order to grow into full recognition of our needs and acceptance of who/what we are? As one who has purged into the trash bin, I am in full accord with those who say NEVER throw out your entire wardrobe. If taking a break from dressing is your thing at this time in your life, do whateve it takes to store your clothing/accessories some place. It is just too darn expensive to replace everything.

I yam what I yam.
Popeye the Sailor

allisonrn06
05-04-2006, 08:02 AM
I have had some shoes and outfits that I purged and really regret getting rid of them now.At the present I have more clothes than I've ever had at one time,and even if I felt like purging now,it would be difficult to get rid of them all discretely(not that my wardrobe is huge).I think in the past I've purged out of guilt and fear-my wife isn't supportive and I feel guilty about hiding stuff from her and afraid she's going to find it.Now I have a secure place to put my things,so I don't worry so much about her finding it,but i'm limited as to space right now.

viccy
05-04-2006, 08:29 AM
only purge to get the drab out of the wardrobe but keep every thing you feel sexy in, never throw clothes away let someone else use them to crossdress in then that way its not wasted

you know how you feel when dressed there is no shame involved
that feeling will always be with you therefor you should keep them until you wear them out thruogh use

my advise is keep them for seven years and if you havent worm in that time keep em for another seven
put them in safe place where they are not easily found by the ones you love if you fear getting found out

viccy

wendy
05-04-2006, 08:35 AM
I agree with the statements made, don't purge. I did it once, and regretted it. Besides throwing money out the window, I had some vintage clothing (from the late 80s) that I'll never be able to find again (ie. spandex tights, 80s aerobic wear, some bodyshapers).

barbaracd
05-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I have recently been caught for the 2nd time{ another story for another time} and the first time I threw out so much , actually all. Then the feelings always come back and I have to start from scratch again. This time I put my things somewhere safe and it will save me alot of money in the long run. I know that I'll never stop and I really don't want too. I like this side of me ,but I wish my wife understood my desire. She never will .