PDA

View Full Version : Mothers

Joy Carter
05-03-2006, 06:48 PM
What was your relationship like with your mom ? Did you do things together, talk or what would you have liked to do that you didn't ? What impact did your relationship with your mother have on you?

Faye Emmette
05-03-2006, 06:58 PM
I had no troubles with my Mum or Dad. Dad was a drunk/gambler sometimes and we were poor and Mum had to work in the knitting mills and cake shops but in general, I had a happy growing up.
I have an older Sister and Brother so life was just pleasant. Or at least til my teens when I started to cause the trouble myself:mad:

sky0629
05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Joy,
Me and my mother get along really well, She has no idea that i'm a cder. When she get's ready for school or out on the town and i'm around she ask me how she look's and do shoe's go with what she's wearing or if the outfit fit nice. I'll tell her if it's right or wrong.

Maria2004
05-03-2006, 07:36 PM
My parents divorced when I was 7, I was the oldest of 3 boys they had together, but my bros have pre-deceased me. My Dad got custody but would send me to live with my Mom from time to time. My Dad remarried several times but my Mom never did. Our relationship is more as friends and and she has always been the one person in the world that I could talk to about anything. I told her about my CDing last year and how happy and peacefull it made me feel, which was all that mattered to her, until I sent her a pic. She told me I was very lovely...but....looking at the photo kind of reminded her of "her" mother which wierded her out. So as long as she "knows" I'm happy and I told her I don't need to dress around her, and I am now, and will always be, her son. We are both content to leave it at that.

tammie
05-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi All: I am a 54yo CD and have been doing it for 40 yrs almost. I had only been wearing my sister's bras and pantygirdles for about 2 weeks the first time my mother "talked" to me about not wearing my sisters things. I denied it, but having left residue in her pantygirdle itwas not believed so I was made to promise.

It was several weeks later that I got caught "redfaced" by my mother while wearing her (my mom's) Playtex bra, garterbelt/stockings, LLPG and slip. She didn't "go off" on me, but did make me get out of bed and strip in front of her. She saw how much I enjoyed her lingerie IE my erection, took her clothing and left.

It was her inquiry to her friend about what she should do to "help me" that caused her to buy me my own bra, LLPG and slip, to keep me out of trouble. U see it was a sex crime for a man to steal womens undergarments in the South in the 60s.

The only other time my mother saw me "excited" was when she got me my first bra LLPG and slip and she had me try on the bra in front of her to check the fit before she cut off the tags. It was the same size as my sisters and fit me like it was made for me. The LLPG and slip were the same size as my mother's. No doubt she noticed the fit when she made me undress when I was wearing hers.

So not only was my mom kind to me in not calling me names, she did what she could to keep me out of trouble concerning something she did not understand. She made me promise to not wear them out of the house, and to not let my dad see me.

My mother was always on the ragged edge of being in heart failure, and one of the things I could do with her was to watch old movies on our B&W TV and the tonight show. We moved a lot [7grade schools and 5 high schools] so I never had close friends. My mom was a good friend to me and a great mom despite her infirmity. I remember watching Steve Allen and later Johnny Carson while we were both in our house robes and me with my bra and pantygirdle under mine.

By the time I was in HS I was buying my own things, I always worked and had a paper route so money was not an issue. The things that made it possible for me was my mom was accepting, and I read Ann Lander's column in the paper one day about a man that wanted to buy womens underwear. I must have blushed if anyone had been watching.

She advised the man to go into the lingerie dept of the dept store either close to closing time or right after opening, both slow times. Then he should know his size, and have either a picture or know the name of and style of garment he wanted. Actually it is still good advise.

Karren H
05-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Nope, Mom and I were too much alike and didn't get along for that reason. But we do look strikingly alike!! Hmmmmmm...May be a good post for mother/daughter I mean son.....ahhhh....family photos!!! Could make it a contest?? Yeah! A look a like contesthehehe

Love Karren

Maria2004
05-03-2006, 09:45 PM
But we do look strikingly alike!! Hmmmmmm...May be a good post for mother/daughter I mean son.....ahhhh....family photos!!! Could make it a contest?? Yeah! A look a like contesthehehe

Love Karren

Sounds good, let's do it! :thumbsup:

Rachel Morley
05-03-2006, 09:47 PM
My Mom is great. :) When I was in my teens and she first started realizing that "I wasn't like other boys" and liked to be a little bit girly, my Mom would kinda know my dress sense wasn't exactly "regular guy" (I used to like to wear my girlfriend's t-shirts and sweaters) but she never said anything to me. My Dad however used to make homophobic comments about what I was wearing. :(

Today, just as before, my Mom is very loving and affectionate towards me but doesn't know about my femme side at all. This can be a bit of a problem for me because even if I'm wearing unisex clothes around her, I like to wear a bra and panties underneath. Because she is so tactile with me it means there is always a danger that she'll feel my bra straps when she hugs me.

I guess I have to either stop under-dressing or come clean when I go to her house. :idontknow:

ReginaK
05-04-2006, 01:27 AM
I was too close to my mom. If anyone in my family knew about my crossdressing, the first person they'd blame would be mother. She'd even blame herself.

Annesah
05-04-2006, 03:29 AM
Women are incredibly perceptive. Especially moms when it comes to thier kids. My mom knows and she is uncomfortable with it. Sex and gender issues are genetically entrenched in my familly so it's toutchy. I'm too much a chip off the old block.

Kristen Kelly
05-04-2006, 04:04 AM
My mom and me have a beautiful relationship we are good friends, she is very accepting lately in her later life, and I believe my happiness matters more to her. Growing up when I was maybe 10 she caught me in the bathroom wearing her bra and panty girdle, later in life she told me that that was not the first time she saw me do that for at 4 while folding clothes I put on her girdle and slip while she went to answer the phone. I have not told her, not because it would upset her, I believe she would accept it, but my dad would be very upset, and believe her keeping it a secret from him would do more harm to her than if she didnt know.

Mothers are special people.

Lilith Moon
05-04-2006, 04:34 AM
I'm sorry to say that my (adopted) mother was a person ruled by what was conventional and normal, in her eyes. She didn't really approve of me, even as a male. From my early twenties I grew my hair long and this was an even greater source of bitterness and embarrassment to her for the rest of her life. When she was terminally ill in hospital she would try to get me to stand out of sight of other patients. Her last words to me were “I’m so ashamed of you”. This was despite me having a good career, raising a family and basically being a good kind compassionate person…sigh :(

FionaAlexis
05-04-2006, 04:43 AM
I was very close to my mother as a child and a teenager. We had long discussions and spent a lot of time together. We were pretty much on the same wavelength on most things. I think she was quite protective of me as I was shy, quiet and not very robust. She was, and still is, a devout Christian and I think that influenced me in a positive and negative way. It certainly led me to conclude that I would be better living elsewhere if I was to persue my TG goals.

Of course, I left home when I was still a teen and our relationship has been a long distance one ever since apart from four trips back.

I think the burden that mothers place on children is their expectations - even if those expectations are unspoken. In some ways we are always trying to live up to the expectations - and this makes the relationship more difficult especially if you are out of the norm.

Fiona xx

Robertacd
05-04-2006, 08:25 AM
My mother was over bearing, strict, a neat freak, she liked to embarass me and could be down right mean and abusive. She never did take my CD'ing well and tried everything to "fix" me including threatening to out me (I know she did to many relitives) took me to many shrinks and churches. She used to search my room constantly looking for my clothes stash. Last stash she found she gave me the ultimatum "If I catch you with one more bra, I am going to make you wear it to school, I am going to make you wear it all over". When you are 15 thats a pretty scarry thought.

She never understood that all I ever wanted was to be as perfect as she was.

Joy Carter
05-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks gurls sound pretty much the normal relationships here. I wished my mother would have been more close she was to wraped up in her problems to help her family. The thing of it is that I have found out much more about myself by helping others. Tell your mom "happy motherday" from Joy will ya ?

Stacie Stockman
05-04-2006, 04:24 PM
My mother hated me quite literally from the day I was born.

rhonda jane
05-04-2006, 08:49 PM
That's terrible. I feel for you. Do you see your Mom now?

Stacie Stockman
05-04-2006, 09:39 PM
No, she passed on 4 years ago.

I was born premature, and she always said that I was the cause of her alleged physical pain that made her the pill popping, drinking alcohol like it was water bitch that I knew.

KarenNY
05-05-2006, 10:08 AM
I know I have mentioned my mother many times before here. We have had a great relationship over the years. She was incredibly accepting and supportive of my crossdressing throughout my teen years. It was just the two of us when I was growing up, as my father split when I was about 5 and my mother never remarried. I had started getting into her clothes by the time I was like 6 or 7, and that only increased as I got older, but it was always behind her back. She discovered my dressing -- almost caught me red-handed in her clothes -- when I was in 7th grade, so like 12 going on 13. From that point on, she allowed my dressing to be out in the open, at least around the house. I think she did not want to drive a wedge between us, since it was only the two of us. She seemed to want me to have an outlet for my dressing that she could sort of keep boundaries around, and she seemed to also miss not having a daughter, since I was her only child. By letting me dress up around the house -- yes, she did buy me girls clothing, a wig and everything appropriate for a young teenage girl in the early 1980s, taught me how to do makeup, hair and everything else like a girl -- she could keep an eye on my behavior, etc. She wanted me to do dress and act properly -- maybe so I could see all the trouble I would have to go through every day if I wanted to continue dressing like a girl. Plus she was kind of keeping me close so I wouldn't go outside of the home to satisfy my dressing needs. I was 15 before she started taking me out en femme for shopping or dinner, and by then I was pretty passable. My CDing wasn't a full-time activity at all, although I did do it an increasing amount when I was in high school -- obviously in school and most of the time outside of school I was expected to be a young gentleman, but I was allowed to indulge my femme side often enough at home. My mother would have been a great mom even if I had not been a CDer... not only did we have a good mother-son relationship, we had a good mother-daughter relationship -- doing each other's nails, her teaching me to cook, talking about all kinds of feminine subjects, playing cards (I couldn't beat her very often!). She always treated me like a daughter if I was dressed en femme, and I was expected to act like a proper young lady... I got to enjoy a lot of "girls-only" type activities over the years. Sadly, when I was in college I went through a big purge that I regret a lot, and my mother thinks I stopped dressing at that point, nearly 15 years ago... at least I think she thinks I stopped. I picked it up again when I was out on my own, but soon after that I met my wife, who was initially okay with my dressing. However, since we had kids, my wife has been pretty non-tolerant and would prefer my dressing just "goes away"...
My mother, meanwhile, isn't in the best of health now, but we still have a good relationship -- although it is strictly a mother-son relationship. She is very proud of the man I have become, but I feel I'm a pretty well-rounded person because of the lessons I learned on both sides of the gender aisle.

MsEva
05-05-2006, 11:34 AM
I am both saddened and elated for the Mothers and for you my sisters. For you with unaccepting and unbearable mothers I give my condlences and hope that you find peace. For those sisters with accepting mothers I give my congratulations. I don't know how I would take it if my dear daughter wanted to crossdress and life a male's life. I guess I would be saddened. So I can see where some mothers wish their offspring and easy stressfree life. What parent wants their kids to suffer?

My mom, is pretty cool. She is up in age and she was alway hoping for a girl. After four boys...that wish never came true..Or has it..for what ever reason, of all the boys, I am number 3, she always asked ME how this outfit looked, or do you like the new curtains, or do these shoes go with this dress. I was never sure why she picked me out of the other three, but I am her go to substitute daughter.