PDA

View Full Version : Shaving HELP!

Melissa Jane Martin
05-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Well, I have tried this before and now I have done it again and I can't stand the itiching! HELP! Here is how I did it this time. Last week, I naired my chest, back, behind and legs. Okay,I got some red areas but did pretty well. Two days in the itching and irritation started. Basically I am doing okay on my back and chest (above belly button) Below Belly Button, I have (like last time but not as bad) some like-acne type redness. Above and around my Bikini area, I have red bumps. My lower legs are starting to be okay but my thighs are still bumpy and can drive me MAD. Just scratch my buns or thighs and it starts a chain-reaction. I hate my hair but I am ready to let it grow back. What to do? Does it go away? Please somebody help me.

Melissa Jane Martin
(in Indiana)

livy_m_b
05-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Often the problem is a skin sensitivity or the belief that if 8 minutes is good 15 minutes is better - it's not. Use test regions till you find out if you have a sensitivity or are using it wrong.

liv

Kate Simmons
05-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi Melissa Jane, Gotta watch out for Nair and stuff like that Hon. They tell you to test an area before using it generally. Some gals are highly sensitive. That stuff contains Thioglycolic acid (Did I say that?) and it's a very potent acid. I know because the company I work for makes a product called "No Blade" hair remover. I personally don't use that stuff unless my back is gonna show because like the rest of my body it's very hairy. I've been shaving my body for 5 years now and am used to it. Think I'd kind of miss it if I didn't because every time I finish, I feel like a "new woman, but that's just me. It's part of my rutual of "transition" I guess. Some gals have very light body hair. Guess I was blessed with "looks" instead (LOL). I'm a high maintenance gal in that respect but in the end am always pleased with the results.It just takes patience sometimes. Take care, Ericka

Ashley Banks
05-04-2006, 03:18 AM
If its just razor burn, or red puffyness like i get (i break out horribly! there are so many red bumps you cant even tell my real skin from breakout) then i would HIGHLY recomment Noxema Bikini. its a blue tube you can get it at a wal mart and it almost completly gets rid of the red bumbs and swelling. if it wasnt for that i would not be able to shave. its a great product, maybe you should try it. its about 5 bucks so its pretty cost effective too. it helps quite a bit with itching too. i senserly hope that helps cause i know first hand how bad that sucks.

Sharon B.
05-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I use Nair hair remover before and found that after rinising my body hair, it helps to take a nice soaking bubble bath with lots of moisturizer in the bath water.
Juat my 0.02 worth.

Emily1
05-04-2006, 11:54 AM
ever tried an epilator ? ..... no pain no gain !! :happy: