PDA

View Full Version : Quiters

Amy
05-04-2006, 10:57 AM
You know when I first started coming here I thought I was the only one having a hard time with acepting being a crossdresser. It seemed that every one was all I love dressing I wish I was a girl and no matter what you do if you think you might be a crossdresser you just are and don't fight it. But lately I have noticed a lot of people that come here that feel they have to fight it and want to quit. I almost feel like there should be a place here that people could come and talk about there desire to quit and get incouragement if that is really what they want to do. But maybe that's a dumb idea because this site seems more about accepting yourself as you are and it might just turn into a self flagulating party. Anyways just a thought.
Amy

Emily1
05-04-2006, 10:59 AM
why deny oneself of such fabulous pleasures ? :tongueout

Joy Carter
05-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Brain transplant maybe ? Oh may I have Michelle Pifers brain please ? LOL

Toni Shelton
05-04-2006, 11:12 AM
I am Fine with my brain. Its a body like Michelle Pifers I could use. Then I would show all those people who laugh at my legs.

barbaracd
05-04-2006, 11:49 AM
I have quit so many times and the desire always came back eventually. So now I'm at the point where I'll never throw all my things out because when the feeling comes back and it will , you'll have to purchase all the things you threw away. I have finally accepted who I am and I like myself.

Bonnie D
05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Amy,

I think you will find that most here have tried to quit at some time in their lives and some have tried many times. The ones who have succeeded don't come back here to say so, therefore we don't really know what the odds are in actually quitting. What we do find here though is that we can't quit no matter how often we try. It becomes a matter of how much money we threw away by purging (throwing away or donating our clothes) and how much time we wasted trying to accept who we really are. The advice we can give to support your attempt(s) is to tell you not to purge, just put them away in a box and forget about them, and to wish you well. We will also listen to anything you have to say and help you as best we can.

Bonnie

Amy
05-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Maybe it isn't a great idea but I guess it was inspired by Tara's recent goodbye post and the discution that Steffie39 started about saying goodbye to crossdressing and friends. And there have been a lot of simular goodbyes that usually the person writing it just comes back. I've written one myself.
I just thought that it might help some people. It might even keep people from purging unnessasaraly

kathy gg
05-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Amy my feelings about the people who wish to quit are this...would a person who is an alcoholic go hang out in a bar to get advice and encouragement from others kicking back a pint? No..of course not, because the people in the bar are enjoyig their drink and of course I am sure they feel bad for the person trying to quit, they are enjoying their drink thank you very much.

What I think is if a person wants to really stop being a crossdresser they need to seek professional help to identify triggers. This might mean no internet connection because the temptation would be to strong, or making sure one has no time alone to pursue this.
Personally I think people would be happier if they did learn to accept this as just another part of their personality. If the energy people put into trying to stop would go towards personal aceptance this world would be a much hapiers place.

I think having a separate forum only encourages the idea that this is a bad or wrong behavior and should be changed.

I mean if someone needs support on quiting ...well I am sure the christians right wingers will happily help out in that endevour.

ginafaye
05-04-2006, 12:17 PM
very insightful advice kathy.......

Amy
05-04-2006, 12:32 PM
You're right Kathy. I hadn't really thought of it like that. Your comments were very insightful. Thank you.

Clare
05-04-2006, 07:34 PM
What I think is, if a person wants to really stop being a crossdresser, they need to seek professional help to identify triggers. This might mean no internet connection because the temptation would be to strong, or making sure one has no time alone to pursue this.

Personally, I think people would be happier if they did learn to accept this as just another part of their personality. If the energy people put into trying to stop would go towards personal acceptance, this World would be a much happier place.Too true Kathy!

TGMarla
05-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Kathy's right. Top to bottom. However, if someone wants to quit, more power to him. I'm not going to, and I come to this forum to be around accepting, like minded folks.

There is a mental health discussion group here. It's like a morgue in there most of the time, but it is a place where you can go to seek help on your issues from people who share the same issues. Quitting is sometimes one of those issues.

I think I'll go put a dress on.

bredalee25
05-04-2006, 10:25 PM
here here kathy as usual you put this into the proper perspective like you always do I so look forward to reading your comments on threads of this nature or any other for that matter. Amy you can learn something from kathy and take her advice to heart because she's 100% correct. I'll never purge again it's too expensive to replace everything personally i've purged three times now and quit for seven months but I started up again each time I tried to quit now it's fem forever for me hun ttfn

Jesse69
05-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I think I should quit buying clothes as I have too much stuff already. And I should sell some unwanted stuff on ebay.

btmgrl6
05-04-2006, 10:49 PM
I don't know how many times I "quit",all due to my confussion.After many years, it finally took and I am here to stay. So maybe these others are confused also and still trying to find themselves. this might just be the right place for them to vent. Maybe this is the right place for them to get some answers.

btmgrl6
05-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Too many clothes...!Is that possible? :D

robinLynn
05-04-2006, 10:57 PM
i am what i am and my spouse accepts me for what I am She doesnt ask a lot ive put her 2 wars and one capture. damn lets just all enjoy life and just appreciate whate we have