PDA

View Full Version : Today's shopping

Jodi
05-04-2006, 09:59 PM
It was a nice day and I had most of my chores done so decided to go shopping. Decided to go in drab as didn't want the hassle of getting all dressed. I headed to the mall 40 miles from home early to get there right after it opened. First stop was Kaufmanns. Went to the shoe dept. I am known there. Karen, the SA, greeted me. I told her I was looking for a pair of white dress pumps. She showed me three pairs and said I'll see if I have them in a 10. I didn't even have to remind her what size I needed. I broused around and found a pair of brown strappy slingbacks that I liked that were on sale. When Karen brought me out the white pumps. She returned to the stockroom to get the slings. I selected a pair of BCBG white pumps, and I also got the slingbacks. Both were on sale and I had a 20% discount card.

Next stop was the Limited. Did not find anything there that turned me on. Then went to Victorias Secret. I had a discount coupon to spend there. I needed panty hose. I was greeted by Diane the Asst manager. Again, I am known there. She helped me find the hose I wanted. She then asked if I was interested in a new bra. Told her that I needed another demi bra. She showed me a new item, an "Angels secret embrace" bra that was on sale. When she showed me the size 38B selections, she took one out and said--"you have to try it on, it's so comfortable". She grabbed the bra and said come on and led me to the fitting rooms. She was right. The bra was great. I bought two of them. So much for anyone having trouble trying on at VS.

My next stop was B. Moss. They had a fantastic sale going on. Got 3 tops and a skirt for around $30. After brousing through several stores, I made my last stop at New York & co, where I used to work. I had a $30 off coupon to spend. With brousing, trying on and chatting with my buds that I used to work with, I was in there for over an hour. Everything in the store appeared to be on sale. I ended up getting three dressy belts, a lacy cami with a cardigan to match. Noted while in the store, there was a guy brousing and shopping. It was evident that he was shopping for himself. The girls in the store said that he comes in occasionally, and that he is the nervous type. because he is nervous, he is closely watched as a suspected shoplifter. So, advice to you girls--relax and enjoy shopping. If nervous and edgy, the staff will watch you continuously.

For me, shopping is a social, fun outing. I don't even think twice about brousing through the racks or asking to try on. Usually, I don't have to ask to try on. The SA just sets up the fitting room.

All in all, it was a great day.

Tom

Clare
05-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi Jodi.

Discount card & coupon vouchers? You seem to have a lot of them - where I can I get some?

Glad to see you had a great day out shopping. It appears you have developed great relationships with the SA's. Way to go!

Adrienne Heels
05-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Sounds like you had a great time.....it is so cool to shop for femme things, even in drab !

Jodi
05-04-2006, 10:14 PM
The discount coupons and the credit vouchers come by having store credit cards.

Jodi