PDA

View Full Version : 24/7

Kate Simmons
05-05-2006, 06:25 AM
Many of us dream of being our femme selves 100% of the time. I'm Ericka about 75% of the time. The other 25% being Richard to work and deal with family matters. My question is would you consider living en femme (not transitioning) 100% of the time and if you could, what would you do? Take care, Ericka

Karren H
05-05-2006, 06:40 AM
50/50 would be sweet!! Best of both genders, when and where I want!!!

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
05-05-2006, 07:10 AM
50/50 would be sweet!! Best of both genders, when and where I want!!!

Love Karren
Somehow I figured you'd answer that way, Hon.I dunno why? HMMM

Faye Emmette
05-05-2006, 07:14 AM
I've had days of 100% but living 50/50 nowadays.

LindaTS
05-05-2006, 08:53 AM
In answer to your question, yes. Right now I'm Linda about 90% of the time. The only thing that keeps me from going full time is some issues with medical insurance. If I can overcome this I will go full time. Not quite sure how you can do it without transitioning though, although I met one girl who did just that. She moved away from where she lived, changed clothes and found a place to live when whe got to where she was going. Got a job and is living happily everafter.

MsEva
05-05-2006, 09:10 AM
I guess I live around 20% of the time female...it works for me..I enjoy my male side too. Go figure:D

kaitlin
05-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Hey ya'll, How can I put this....HELL YEAH!!!! I love my fem side, don't get me wrong, I am very much male, but to live as a female for the rest of my life would be heaven. This is only if my girlfriend will live with me. Without her I am nothing!!! Without her I don't want to be male or female. luvs Kaitlin

RikkiOfLA
05-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Here's how I went 24/7.

1. First of all, I talked it over with my SO. She agreed that I could do this, and for my part, I promised that I would dress male whenever she wanted/needed me to. That has worked out to be only when dealing with some of the members of her family, such as her father.

2. The most challenging part was work. I figured out what I would have to do to go 24/7, found a way to do it, and did it. In my case, it meant changing employers, to an agency that serves many TG clients. It really is exactly the same issue that TSs face, and the same guidelines, legal issues, and so on, apply. It really helps to approach it, and discuss it with HR people, supervisors, etc. as something you NEED to do, rather than as something you WANT to do.

3. It also helps to have an excellent work wardrobe. Work clothes for a TG should not be sexy, provocative, and fun. They should be professional, practical, and probably dull, just like what most GGs wear to work there. And you should feel comfortable wearing them--if not, living 24/7 is not for you.

4. You should feel totally comfortable doing all the normal activities women do--speaking to neighbors, walking around your neighborhood, grocery shopping, etc. If you isolate within the walls or fences of your home, don't speak to people, etc. you should force yourself to overcome these limitations before you go 24/7.

5. It is also an excellent idea to do some part time work en femme before going 24/7. In my case, I volunteered for about a year at my new agency to give myself a tryout there, and to see how they took to me. Longer would have been better, to get to know the ins and outs of office politics.

6. I've been 24/7 for the past 8 1/2 years. I love it!

Rikki

wendy
05-05-2006, 10:52 AM
If I could, I'd do 65% en femme and the rest in drab. I'm not quite comfortable yet in sharing my CDing with others (yet) so my job would be anything.

But, when I was transitioning inbetween jobs, I did consider being a 'drag queen' performer.:D

Billijo49504
05-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm about 70 -30 the wrong way, because of work. But that might change in another year....BJ

Gretchen
05-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Until now, I hadn't really considered the exact amt of time I spend en femme during a 7 day period. Suffice it to say that I do not have a desire to live enfemme 24/7. I estimate my cding time each week at about 35% of my waking hours and that is during the day at home and totally private. More and more I am feeling like that is about the right balance between my femme and male side.
Love, Gretchen

urban gypsy
05-05-2006, 12:43 PM
femme 100% at weekend 20% during the week. this suits me at the momment.

lela
05-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I work out of my house, so I dress everyday. If I don't have to leave the house, I stay dressed all day. I'd say that I spend 70% of my time dressed. If I could pass, I'd dress forever.

Tina Dixon
05-05-2006, 02:50 PM
If I could? well sure 100% would be ideal, but real life 20% would be nice.

Kate Simmons
05-05-2006, 06:28 PM
I guess I live around 20% of the time female...it works for me..I enjoy my male side too. Go figure:D
So do I Eva but you have a supporting SO as well which is nice. Ericka

michelle19845
05-05-2006, 06:53 PM
through time the ratio has changed right now i'd want around 80% fem 20% drab.that's what works for me if the environment is good,which now it's not in my favor.

SoCalSuziCD
05-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I guess I do about 30/70. Excluding the time I'm a sleep.
I try my best to be dressed but usually that don't work when you have family members coming and going often... :(

gender_blender
05-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Many of us dream of being our femme selves 100% of the time. I'm Ericka about 75% of the time. The other 25% being Richard to work and deal with family matters. My question is would you consider living en femme (not transitioning) 100% of the time and if you could, what would you do? Take care, Ericka

You're talking about a transgenderist (one who presents as the other gender with surgery). I working my way to becoming that, or to some extent, the social equivalent of a "*******."

~Charlie

Scotty
05-05-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm probably 30%/60%......when I'm home I'm en femme unless I know someone is coming by of course.
But at work I can only wear it underneath, it's my little reminder of who I am :)

Tracy Lynn
05-05-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm only getting about one day a month right now which is terrible. I'm transitioning into a new job and just don't have the time. At least a couple times a day I wish I could just go home change and everything would be great. I think if I had the choice it would be about 50/50.

Kate Simmons
05-06-2006, 02:34 AM
I'm only getting about one day a month right now which is terrible. I'm transitioning into a new job and just don't have the time. At least a couple times a day I wish I could just go home change and everything would be great. I think if I had the choice it would be about 50/50.
Hi Tracie, What I used to do when I couldn't be myself for extended periods of time was make plans on what I would do when I got the opportunity. It helps to keep your femme self alive and it is all about determination and mindset. Of course nothing is a substitute for the "real thing" but it helps. Love, Ericka

Tracy Lynn
05-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Thanks Ericka, I've been feeling irritated because I don't have the time. Good advice. I do think about it alot.

Ambercd12
05-06-2006, 04:38 AM
i live fulltime as a girl and i love every minute of it.

Clare
05-06-2006, 09:16 AM
First impression? My God yes!!!

But then, i've recently been crossdressing daily for two weeks straight now and I have to admit that over that time, the desire to fully dress each day with makeup has become a bit of a chore! Not to mention that by the end of the day, i prefer to revert to drab clothes for 'comfort' in the evenings!

So I guess a true response would be something like 80/20 if the option was open to me.

Rikki, nice of you to point out the practicalities of a 24/7 femme lifestyle - reality is always the great balancer in life!

Kate Simmons
05-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I know Clare. It's good to go for extended periods of times sometimes. It seems to go full circle and sometimes you get "relief by" going back to drab, the same way we feel relief from being in drab and becoming femme again. Being a gal isn't for the faint of heart for sure but I can't see my life without it. Ericka

ReginaK
05-06-2006, 11:34 AM
I'd like to do it, but it's more work than it's worth at the current time.