PDA

View Full Version : Unsure if discovered

Tiara
11-12-2004, 06:37 AM
I had a strange event happen at work. I was working in another persons office a few weeks ago. This office belongs to a very attractive woman, who for some reason keeps her wedding gown and a beautiful evening dress in the room. A coworker (male) comes in the room, looks at the clothing, and asks if the stuff is mine. I just laughed and shrugged it off. He then teased me again making it sound like he was joking. At that point I said, "Well, if you really want to know..." He then got very serious and told me he didn't want to hear anything else.

What went on there?

I should tell everyone that at work I am masculine and rarely use that office, at least no more than anyone else.

Tiara

Wendy me
11-12-2004, 07:01 AM
while trying to take a jab at your "manhood" you fliped it on him i would just leave it at that. looks like he has his own issues. throu him a wink every now and then . keep him on his toes

crispy
11-12-2004, 07:04 AM
I guess it depends on your work situation, and whether you work just in a small group, but I would occasionally have loved the opportunity to say 'yes, actually...'

It will never happen to me now, but what a dream.

Rachel Elizabeth
11-12-2004, 08:44 AM
I guess it depends on your work situation, and whether you work just in a small group, but I would occasionally have loved the opportunity to say 'yes, actually...'

It will never happen to me now, but what a dream.

:)

I went into work on a Sunday morning as Rachel. Fifteen minutes later I heard a feminine voice behind me saying hi and asking if I were new here. I have known this co-worker for several years. I turned and said: "Hi, I'm Rachel, and Rachel is new but I am not." She got a strange look and then laughed saying: "oh, my gawd! You are xxxx."

We spent about an hour chatting and drinking coffee. We then went to brunch. Every time we see other now, we talk as "sisters." So, sometimes it does work.

It hasn't happened with male co-workers yet but I like what you did and I agree that a wink to him every so often will definitely put him off balance.

Hugs...

Darci Charlotte
11-12-2004, 10:29 AM
I'd say ignore it. It wasn't your office to begin with. Making a statement to your co-workers about your maleness will only get their suspicions going.

As for your saying what you did to the guy, treat it like a joke.

clarissa3d
11-12-2004, 10:50 AM
What you do is more important that his confused humor. There are those that have fobias and make mountains out of absolutly nothing.

Go foward as if nothing ever happend.

Best wishes

Sharon
11-12-2004, 01:14 PM
I have to agree with the other girls Tiara. Just try to let it go and go on as if everything is copacetic and "normal". If this co-worker continues making comments, then you can assume he has his own issues.
By the way, it's nice to see a fellow Philadelphian here!
Sharon

Rachel Elizabeth
11-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Isn't that a cream cheese?

Sharon
11-12-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm not touching that one!

Rachel Elizabeth
11-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Sharon.....I almost feel hurt. Did I offer a double entendre?

Sharon
11-12-2004, 01:45 PM
At least!

Rachel Elizabeth
11-12-2004, 01:48 PM
At least?

Philadelphia cream cheese. Philly steak and cheese sandwich. Ohhhhhh! Perhaps you were thinking I meant "fill a Delphia?" I would never........my, my. How women think.

Sharon
11-12-2004, 02:37 PM
In the gutter today I suppose. I so much want to be a lady.

Wenda
11-13-2004, 05:14 PM
..."fill a Delphia"?!?!?! that is funny!! What I want to know is, 'who in the hell keeps their wedding gown and an evening gown at the office. I keep a spare white shirt (pretty much ok for anything unexpected) and a tie and a blazer. But...hello?? this person was prepared for an unexpected proposal to get married later the same day? I think it is so unusual that, whomever was in the office would get a comment. The other girls have given some great advice. keep us posted. wenda.

Tiara
11-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Wenda that's an interesting question. The woman whose office I was in is already married. I think some possibilities are 1- maybe she brought the clothing in to show some female coworkers and has just forgotten about it, 2- she is superstitious and thinks it will jinx her (as she has been married twice before), 3- she is being subconsciously flirtatious with the guys in the office or 4- she may have some suspicions about my crossdressing and is trying to confirm this. I should add that this woman is very attractive and looks just like Barbie. She often has come to work in sexy outfits and her office actually has lots of cosmetics, nail polish, perfumes, and a Barbie doll. I do love working in there, but am very careful about not showing an interest in her things. I only use her office when it is necessary.

Tiara

Cheree
11-14-2004, 07:56 AM
I'd only wish for a wedding dress and an evening gown in my office!!!!! No, I don't thing she is trying to set you up to "check" you out. More than likely a coincedence of some kind. I wouldn't worry about. Although we are not aware of the chances you take, I.E. do you sneak pretty underthings under your man clothes and maybey she caught a "telltale" bra strap or panty line of some sort? Wondering, absolutely your business though, I'm not looking for an admission from you, merely pondering. Take care hon and BE carefull if you wish to remain in the closet, nothing worse than getting "found " out.