PDA

View Full Version : Nail polish 24/7

lela
05-05-2006, 02:32 PM
I know, another nail polish question. Here goes, how many of you girls wear nail polish everyday, all day? I wear bright red polish on my toe nails 24/7---365. If you do, are you ever worried about getting outed?

DonnaT
05-05-2006, 02:40 PM
I wear one coat OPI's "Significant Other" polish on my toenails, and even go to the gym everyday to swim laps. No one's noticed or said anything.

I have clear polish on my fingernails.

No, I don't worry about what others think. My body, I own it, not them.

Tina Dixon
05-05-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't put it on hardly at all, to much of a pain when your still not out all the way, do like it though, gives you the complete dressing feeling, do have it on in my avatar.

rachellenicole
05-05-2006, 03:26 PM
I wear toe nail polish quite often, I am wearing a rasberry color right now. I do not have any fear about wearing polish. Highly unlikely anybody could ever find out, and I really don't care anyway.

Rachelle

Janet_Johnson_cd
05-05-2006, 03:27 PM
I'd like to wear nail polish but i'm scared to get foundout if you know what i mean.

Toni Shelton
05-05-2006, 03:28 PM
As always Donna, You put it well. I also wear clear, people look, but no one says anything. I like takeing care of myself and this is one way I do this.

Love Cindy :love:

DanaJ
05-05-2006, 03:33 PM
My toes have been polished continuously (except for the few minutes when it is being changed) for the last 2 years. My fingers are usually polished on weekends only, although I do have nail enhancements for the last 2 years also....

Cathe TV
05-05-2006, 04:00 PM
I know, another nail polish question. Here goes, how many of you girls wear nail polish everyday, all day? I wear bright red polish on my toe nails 24/7---365. If you do, are you ever worried about getting outed?

I wear clear (buff) nail treatment every day on both. It's made by Neutrogena and makes your nails look like they were buffed out - not a high shine. Great stuff, and good for nail growth and health. But before I found that I used a semi-gloss clear without any problems.

I recently went to a podiatrist for a complete foot exam after being diagnosed with Diabetes. His only comments were "your feet look to be in fine shape - you obviously take good care of them and your toenails." Not in a mocking manner, either

Janelle Young
05-05-2006, 04:21 PM
My toe nails are polished most of the time. Just changed the color to a bright pink that a nice sales associate at Walgreen's helped me pick out today. Some weekends I do my finger nails as well, and I have used a clear on my fingernails at times, although not that often, and no one has said anything.

CharlaineCadence
05-05-2006, 04:29 PM
my nails are bothe long and painted a nice pink colour right now with glitter. toes match

Sarah Rabbit
05-05-2006, 04:32 PM
I go to the Gym three times a week, which makes it a bit hard!!

Sarah R..:bunny:

Phyliss
05-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Fingers and toes for the last three months. Using a clear gloss. The only comment from wife was why, and when I said they've been splitting lately and I'm trying to stop it, she said "Oh, OK."

I also go to the gym everyday, but I wear my sneakers to there and change when I get home.

kaitlin
05-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Hey Girls, I too have my toes done 24/7/365. Right now they are a dark rose pink, The cool think about it is my girlfriend and I always match. Most of the time my finger nails are done in a clear. Some times a color when I'm just hanging out at the house.

pattysues
05-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Toes always, a brass'y color the last few weeks. Usally a goldish brown tone. Fingernails aways have a coat or two of OPI nail envy matte finish, for at least the last two years. A few people have noticed- I always say that having my hands in water a lot makes my nails peel and crack:straightface: and the nail coat helps with saving them.

fancy nancy
05-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Just painted my finger and toe nails in a light pink shade. I usually keep my fingers and toes polished on a regular basis. I like the way they look when they are polished.

JeanneF
05-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I wear colored polish on my toes in the winter and clear in the summer. I do the clear because I pretty much only wear flip-flops (outside of work, of course) in the summer...residual effect of being a frat boy in college. My fingernails are fiberglass and sculpted, but no polish unless I'm going out. They only extend slightly past my fingertips, and look "normal" unless you really look closely at them.

Scotty
05-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Toes - 100%

I've got a lavender near-clear one with sparkles that I can wear out in public and nobody notices and then I've got a purple/dark lavender one that I wear all other times. I found that pink is too much (Hot pink anyway), red/blue/gray are boring on me......
I like purple so I stuck with it...........but I gotta be careful because I walk outside my house from time to time not even thinking about it.

One time someone came to the door and I was barefoot in pink and just curled my toes and said "Hang on a sec" :D

But at night, taking out the garbage can, I'll wear short shorts and a tank top and go bareful. The streetlights are not bright enough so even if someone is out walking.

I don't do the fingers often though, just seems like I'm always on the go and someone would notice. I would like to do a clear though, perhaps after reading yours I may go buy some and try it.

DawnRodgers
05-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Toes done 24/7 a deep, shiny red. Nothing is more femoinine to me than to see them when I shower in the morning, Love how they look.
If someone finds out tjen so be it. Frankly, it's not my problem. As far as I knoe it is not illegal to use nail polish, if your a man, yet.
Dawn

Theresa9
05-06-2006, 01:37 AM
I wear nail polish on my toes quite often and usually always in a bright red. Nothing says sexy like bright red for me!

I go a week or two without nail polish after wearing for a month. I read in Cosmo, Glamour or one of those women's mags that it is not healthy for nails to always have nail polish on them. They need to breathe and detox in between polishing.

I went to the gym once and forgot that I had polish on them and said to my buddy that I got drunk and my GF wanted to paint my nails. He laughed, I went to drug store got some remover and took it off and then worked out.

I could not use that excuse anymore as I have been in recovery now for almost 12 years.

DanaJ
05-06-2006, 06:52 AM
I go a week or two without nail polish after wearing for a month. I read in Cosmo, Glamour or one of those women's mags that it is not healthy for nails to always have nail polish on them. They need to breathe and detox in between polishing.

I just wanted to comment on this - nails do not have lungs, they do not need to breathe. Nails are composed of keratin (a type of protein), and polish can be worn for a very long time with no damage to your nails.

Deanna2
05-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Always wear nail polish - fingers and toes. Clear polish on my fingernails and currently bronze on my toenails.

EricaCD
05-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Toenail polish has nearly gotten me into trouble more than any other fem affectation that I bring into my drab life....

Tiffy
05-06-2006, 09:30 AM
I wear nail polish on my toes from the start of fall to the start of spring. In the summer I go bare foot to much. I do not worry much about it when I have it on and have forgotten and taken my shoes off in the wrong places or wrong time.

April Marie

Clare
05-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I pretty much have polish on my toenails all year round with the exception of some periods during the Summer.

As for for my Hands, as often as possible when I have the opportunity for a couple of days or more at a time. Just love how it makes my fingernails look!

Phillis
05-08-2006, 07:08 AM
I wear toe nail polish 24/7. I have had some weird looks for guys but that was all. One day while shopping a woman complimented me on my pretty toe nails. I have just started wearing finger nail polish. I have on a silver metal flake polish and was complimented by a girl, saying she liked the way they looked.

allisonrn06
05-08-2006, 08:05 AM
I love to paint my toenails and have had them painted for the last few weeks,24/7.I reluctantly removed it the other day as I have a physical on Wed.

Ann lee
05-08-2006, 11:46 PM
i got in a motorcycle acident this last thursday, and had to go to the hospital? and i have my toes painted all the time, i had a dark sparely red this time!!! well i had to get into a gown and strip, well family jsut gave me shit and the women nurses sayed the liked the color, but nothin from the male nurses, but i 'didn't care, i've een comin out a lot lately and just as a few choice people don't find out i'm cool with it, oh i'll let them knwo in time but jsut not yet.

Easter Bunny GG
05-29-2006, 01:30 AM
I have been buffing HOTXBUNS nails with a Manicare brand nail buffer...you file it with No1 rough, then No 2 smooth, then a final silky smooth buffer No 3. His nails looks lovely...like clear varnish but better...like a subtle french manicure, not obvious but very elegant. He can wear them like that however he is dressed, they look good both ways.

Also if you paint them after you buff them, the finish is better because the nail plates are smooth.

As for disgusing "man hands" do you put a little foundation with moisturiser over the backs of your hands? Not too much foundation, you dont want it cakey. Just enough to smooth the look. I dont know if it will work for you...I'm just a GG, and have only thought about these things since dating hotxbuns (a few months), but I've done it when i didnt like the look of my hands after treating them badly.

I just wanted to comment on this - nails do not have lungs, they do not need to breathe. Nails are composed of keratin (a type of protein), and polish can be worn for a very long time with no damage to your nails.

but make sure you put a base coat on before any bright colors or they can permanently stain your nails, depending on the quality of the nail polish you use. Be particularly careful of the cheap bright pinks and reds. If you use a base coat (or a clear top coat first) it will protect your nails from staining. Make sure you let it dry well before doing the other coats too... (and tell me if GG should keep their beauty advice to themselves!!! I'm not sure of the ettiquette)

jennig
05-29-2006, 09:04 AM
I weare toe nail polish 24/7/365 for the last 5 years I also have acrylic finger nails about 1/2 inch past my fingers and mostly have them done in french.yes I do get some looks and commints but nothing bad most people dont care and after all its my nails. you know this whole nail thing not fair gg can have no polish or polish long or short nails and nobody says a word but the second a man puts polish on all hell breaks loose why? it should not matter..0.02

hugs jennig

CharlaineCadence
05-29-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm just strating school for nails and beauty and have learned that you should take and keep polish off for a week every so often. really three days is all you need but a week is better. the nail still breathes in some areas and polish will not alow it to. goes the same for gel and acrilic nails. every three months or so take off for three days to a week.

hope that helps
kiss kiss
char

Byllie
05-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Been wearing clear polish on fingers for a week or two. Nothing on my toes, yet. I'm also on various antibiotics for Lyme Disease, one of which causes black splotches on my feet and lower legs. So dark stockings are the best for me, no toe polish.

DanaJ
05-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Charlaine, my source is my nail tech, who is a Master Tech for Creative and Star International, plus is a nail instructor who gives demos and lectures around the country.

As I have stated before - properly applied artificial nails can be worn indefinitely. The whole "nails have to breathe and you need a fresh set every 2 months" is a fiction started by nail techs who want as much business as they can get - and it is more profitable for them to remove nails and put a fresh set on rather than do just fills or a rebalance.

My tech has informed me that she has clients that have worn properly applied artificial nails for upwards of 5 years, with absolutely no ill-effects. I have had gels and now fiberglass for over 2 years myself.....

kymmieLorain
05-29-2006, 10:37 AM
I normaly have my toes painted. except when company comes. My boys don't have a problem with it.

Kymmie

SherriePall
05-29-2006, 12:02 PM
I recently had a bright, beautiful red polish on my toes for over eight weeks. Took it off because I had a doctor's appointment. During the winter I usually have polish on. I have to be very aware that I do and that I don't remove my shoes and socks at the wrong time or place.

Glenda
05-29-2006, 07:11 PM
I polish both my toenails and fingernails 24/7/365. I change the color of my toenails about every two weeks but usually wear clear polish on my fingernails unless I'm dressing up to go somewhere special. I have a pretty active social life and rarely wear anything other than sandals except to work so there is no hiding it. I get comments all the time. Most good, some curious, none malicious. But let's be honest. You have to be able to take a joke. Folks at the places I frequent always want to see what color I'm wearing. Lots of girls want me to give them pedicures. I am a member of a 9-ball league so I find myself going to a lot of different places. Happy to say everyone just accepts me for being me. It may not hurt that I'm one of the most respected players and one of the top performers in the league.

luky charm
05-29-2006, 07:25 PM
i have the good fortune of being a guitar player, classical and otherwise, so i've had long nails, at least on my right hand for years. it's a good cover that i have long nails, but i know in my heart i still want to paint them too. seeing your posts here, i think i'll start with the toes and work my way up. any colour suggestions for a dark complection, lol!

for the record, i'd always suggest natural nails to fake, nature permitting!

luky charm

Jodi
05-29-2006, 09:31 PM
I get my pedicure monthly and keep colored polish on my toes 24/7. Have done so for the past 3 years. I get a manicure about every two weeks. I keep a clear enamel/fortifier on my fingernails 24/7. I use OPI "Nail Envy". On a part time job, I work with teenagers, both boys and girls. I've had several of the girls ask me bout my nails. I openly tell them I get a professional manicure, and why--because I'm worth it. None of them have ever seen my painted toe nails.

BTW, recently, I made a trip related to my job which required a two night stay in a hotel. I believed that I would be in a private room, but when I got there, I was assigned a roommate. The guy can be described a super macho redneck. Here I was rooming with this guy for two nights with painted toes. I just kept my socks on when I wasn't in the shower. He never knew.

Jodi

Kenix
05-29-2006, 09:54 PM
My toenails are painted all the time.

By the way, where can I find electric blue nail polish? The color similiar to the blue question mark smilie.

sissystephanie
05-29-2006, 11:17 PM
I wear nail polish, fingers and toes, constantly. I get a manicure and pedicure every two weeks. Since I am in sales and call on people all the time, I wear a light shade of pink (naturally:) ) on my finger nails. My toes are almost always a very bright red or pink and I do wear open toe sandals with bare feet out in public. Get some "looks" and a lot of smiles. Of course, I am usually also wearing "girly" clothes but not trying to pass. I just like to wear feminine things as often as I can.

JoAnnDallas
05-30-2006, 10:16 AM
A couple of months ago, my wife, who doesn't know about my fem side, jokenly asked after my pedicure what color polish I got on my toes. At that time I had just gotten clear. The next month I got my toes done in a bright RED color and then showed my wife my toes that evening. She just shook her head and didn't make a comment. I don't think she expected me to get my toes colored. LOL. Anyway, I always have clear polish put on my nails too. The next time I got for a pedicure/manicure, I'm thinking of having not only my toes colored but mabey a light Pink color to my nails.
Funny thing is my two nail techs, Tinia and Seli, did not even blink when I asked Seli to put a bright Red polish on. She even went and got about 3-4 different shades for me to look at. Even Tina's husband Tony didn't blink a eye and none of them even asked why. You just have to love Nail Techs.

Rhonda Jean
05-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I've had a lot of fun with nailpolish over the years. When I first got married nearly 28 years ago it was one of the first cross-gender things that my wife participated in with me. Our toenails always matched. I wore my fingernails really long. I wore clear polish on my fingernails pretty much all the time beginning in high school. After we got married I wore color on my fingernails on weekends. One Saturday not long after I'd polished my fingernails she decided she wanted to go out for ice cream. When I said I couldn't because I'd just done my nails, she said, "so?". Thus began years of openly wearing nailpolish (except at work). That all came to a screeching halt when we had kids 10 years later.