PDA

View Full Version : A coming out (kinda)

babe4life
11-12-2004, 10:07 AM
OK, this is not nearly as big as Tristen's news. But I wanted to share this with all of you.

I have been taking a lot of strain lately with studies, financial concerns and being TS and what that really means. Indeed, as I think most can attest to, it has been the greatest contributor to the madness.

A work colleague asked me what was wrong. Very nicely. So we had a bit of a chat and I asked her if she really wanted to know. There was a level of trust there that I have experienced seldom. So I decided to take a chance and, instead of discussing it directly (sitting in an open plan office is tricky), pointed her to my website and invited her for lunch once she had viewed it.

Once again, being open plan, she had to surreptitiously have a look at it, but I got a note a little later to say she was ready for the stroll.

It was a lovely lunch :).

Kind, understanding and asked all the right questions and we just chatted about what it is, what it means and all those things. And then, even better, we moved off and chatted about music, fruit and dentistry. What a fantastic experience.

And once again, she said she sort of knew. At least I expected that as an answer and told her as much. Of course, that threw her ;). Maybe it is just because I am letting go more and more now. I am tired of pretending so much.

I look forward to the day when I can do the same with my parents.

Much love,

Vicky

Krissi
11-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Gongrats Vicky, I hope you've found someone that you can talk and share things with. Its nice to have an "outsiders" opinion from time to time. Good Luck!

JJ :)

KewTnCurvy GG
11-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Hugs grrly, sounds like a great office mate, wonderful friend and a special human being:)

hugs
kew

Fiona K
11-12-2004, 10:37 AM
I can't tell you how pleased I am for you Vicky!!
Super news it is great you have some one who you can talk to face to face.
Much love
Fiona

Sharon
11-12-2004, 02:28 PM
That's great Vicky! It's so valuable to have someone you can open up to, someone who knows you and appreciates you for being you! That human contact thing is really indispensable.
I can't tell you enough how happy I am for you!
Love,
Sharon

p.s.: Don't be surprised if your parents already suspect.

genevieve_ohara
11-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Dear Vickie...

I am so incredibly happy for you.

One step launches the journey, no?

I can imagine what you're feeling now: everything is different. The colors are more vivid, the sounds more sweet, the feelings of peace may be starting to settle in...as you think to yourself "She knows. I DID IT! And I'm still ok."

Big smile.

You are the wind beneath our wings, Vickie.

Love

G

randie
11-12-2004, 03:49 PM
thats awesome vicky :) You seem like a really nice, good person and im so happy for you. i wish you luck in all your ventures :) you deserve it!
im sending you a virtual hug :)

Sara Kat
11-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Awesome Vicky. Just take it one step at a time. :)

Julie
11-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Vicky, fantastic step forward for you, like everyone else I am so happy for you. <hugs>

Not sure if you're like me but was there a sense beforehand that this person would be alright to open up to?

ieya
11-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Congrats vicky

love ieya
xxxxxxxxxxx

Lily_gg
11-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Congrats honey!!! Am really pleased for you *HUGS*

And here's the bonus no-one's mentioned yet - shopping companion!!!! :D

Tristen Cox
11-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Vicky,

That's great news love! If we weren't so far apart I would hug you. And it is bigger news to me than my little outing, because I can not tell anyone outside yet. I just ruined a perfectly good make up job thanks to you, cause you're making me go all teary. Good luck to you and do be careful.

yours
Tristen

racquel
11-13-2004, 12:21 AM
vicky,i am soo happy for you, like all major steps we take the first ones always seem so difficult, and i guess they are, because they seem to take us so far,so fast.congrats.

babe4life
11-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Hi all,

Thank you for the kind words and support! I am overwhelmed.

Julie J, yup, there was a sense that this one would be OK. :)

Thank you to one and all! Tristen, sorry about the make up ... :D

SHOPPING!!!! :D

Love,
Vicky

Rachel Ann
11-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Oh Vicky! I am SO happy for you.

Luxuriate in the moment! This is a mitzvah, big time.

Love

ChristineRenee
11-13-2004, 01:50 AM
That's great news Vicky. We all need friends to lean on for emotional support, and remember, we'll always be here for you as well.

Love,
Christine Renee

Chrissycd
11-13-2004, 11:13 PM
That had to be pretty frightening, even if you thought you could trust her. Wow! I wish I felt confident enough to do the same, but, looks like I'm in the hunt for a TG friendly career transition. I just can't continue on where I am and not be myself any longer, and I know they will not be accepting of me there. I wish you the best though. Congratulations and hugs to you,
Chrissy :)

Rachel Ann
11-13-2004, 11:39 PM
Yes Chrissy, Vicky is a braver soul than most of us!

For most of my career I had NO social interaction of any kind with people at work, not even lunch. I treated the Christmas Party and the Picnic as part of my job, not someplace to relax or open up any. (This had nothing to do with CD/TG, it just seemed safer that way.)

And Chrissy - your new pic is LOVELY

chantelle
11-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Vicky, i already told you how i felt about you and the work coluage.I am your friend always and wish you the best with your coming out.
Ps i am giving her the party of her life and noone else.
p.s.s Sara kat-when you you mention 'dodge this'do you mean that you are like a bullet out of a gun and that noone can dodge your great personality...
Just a thuoght.

Amelie
11-17-2004, 06:41 PM
Vicky I am so glad you have found someone to talk to. This is a big help. Good luck on your journey.

i am sorry I am late with this, it seems I am not on the computer the same time as you, lately.
Love Amelie

Stephanie Brooks
11-17-2004, 09:34 PM
Wow Vicky, that's excellent!!!!! Girl buddies are the best. May your friendship with her blossom.