PDA

View Full Version : Rings.....

janelle
05-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi girls, was wondering of those who are married if you have a wedding band on? If you do, do you leave it on when enfemme or take it off? I have done both. My mom asked me about the ring mark what i would say. Told her i would say the stubburn old man left me for some younger chick! We had the best laugh about that, so tell me dears, how is it with you. Thanks for you input & lets have some fun with this.
Hugs,
Janelle

sparks
05-06-2006, 12:01 PM
We are not allowed to wear rings at work. So I often forget to wear it whenever. I'm sure it bugs the missus but my mind often leaves me in the dust. It like the energizer rabbit, it keeps running and running and running.

Esther
05-06-2006, 12:19 PM
i take off the wedding band and substitute a medium-large woman's dress ring for it. (i sometimes wear it when en drab.)

Natalie tv
05-06-2006, 12:24 PM
HI yes i wear a wedding band and when enfemme i have an engagement ring i wear, it was bought by my wife.

TGMarla
05-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Funny you should ask. I was just thinking about that today. I leave it on. I'm still me, and I'm married. I love my wife, and I like my rings. But then, I'm not in the habit of leaving the house, so I'm not sure what I'd do out in public. They are guy rings, after all.

Sandra
05-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Nigella never takes her wedding band off, she also wears on the same finger a ring with three diamonds, which I bought her last Christmas, signifying "the past, the present, the future.

Kate Simmons
05-06-2006, 01:02 PM
I have a female wedding ring/engagement ring set. I always wear it whenever I go out as Ericka

Jillian310
05-06-2006, 07:04 PM
I wear my wedding ring at all times. Jillian also adds two more rings to her right hand, and a second to her left. As soon as I can find a size 12 or larger, Jillian will add a third ring to the left hand. Then she will seek rings for her thumbs.

FionaAlexis
05-06-2006, 07:48 PM
No way!

First - I AM married however I'm dressed.

Second - I like it as an accessory and I've bought a fake cubic zirconia engagement ring and I'm looking for an eternity ring.

Third - I like the title 'Mrs' and when I register myself anywhere on line I use Mrs Fiona O'Neill. I even had business cards made up in my name. I'd like to get credit cards in my name - but that's proving a bit more difficult.

Fiona xx

Jillian310
05-06-2006, 08:13 PM
No way!

First - I AM married however I'm dressed.

Second - I like it as an accessory and I've bought a fake cubic zirconia engagement ring and I'm looking for an eternity ring.

Third - I like the title 'Mrs' and when I register myself anywhere on line I use Mrs Fiona O'Neill. I even had business cards made up in my name. I'd like to get credit cards in my name - but that's proving a bit more difficult.

Fiona xx

Fiona, I got a card foor Jillian by telling my card company that I wanted a card for my daughter Jillian.

DeeInGeorgia
05-06-2006, 08:49 PM
I just have to answer this one.

I also work where I cannot wear any rings for safety reasons.

The funny part is that when my wife and I were looking for a wedding ring for me, the jeweller commented that I had small hands and that he could save us $50 dollars by getting the women's equivalent ring. So my wedding ring is a women's ring. And this was 18 years before I came out to my wife.

Dee

FionaAlexis
05-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Fiona, I got a card foor Jillian by telling my card company that I wanted a card for my daughter Jillian.

Thanks Jillian - I had a supplementary card in my female name earlier in my life - but these days, down here, you have to go through a 100 point ID check to pick up the card.

Fiona xx

Sally24
05-06-2006, 09:20 PM
My wedding band is actually smaller than my wifes! She has been kind enough to loan me one of her rings that is almost identical to her engagement ring, so we have almost the same set when we go out. I also want to confirm that I am a Mrs. and this set says it very clearly.

Karren H
05-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Yes, I wear my wedding band while enfemme and have a matching stoned ring I wear with it that looks like a womens wedding ring!! Keeps the guys away!! LOL

Love Karren

Connieminiskirts
05-06-2006, 11:27 PM
I never take off my wedding ring, I simply add a fancy looking fem ring to it, and put a ring or two on my other hand as well

megan163
05-06-2006, 11:56 PM
I wear my ring, which is a simple wedding band but slip another costume jewelry ladies ring right next to it.

uknowhoo
05-07-2006, 12:30 AM
same here.

BarbaraNY
05-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Nigella never takes her wedding band off, she also wears on the same finger a ring with three diamonds, which I bought her last Christmas, signifying "the past, the present, the future.

Sandra:

Noted your reply about wearing rings. Very thoughtful of you to share your insights to the betterment of all.

Plese correct me if I am wrong, but it has always been my understanding that when wearing a Wedding ring and an Engagement Ring...the Wedding Ring goes on first followed by the Engagement Ring. With no other rings being worn on the ring finger of the left hand.

The logic as I understand it is that the Wedding Ring goes on first as it is then the ring closest to the heart. Sentimental I am sure, but proper and correct as well.

Thank you for a brief correction if appropriate.

Barbara

DonnaT
05-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Yes, I wear my wedding band all the time. In fact, I couldn't get it off if I tried. As I got older and bigger, well the ring didn't get any bigger, so it's on to stay.

Had a surgeon say he was going to cut it off when I has a fatty tumor removed from my arm. I told him, not on his life.

Maria-Christina
05-07-2006, 09:25 AM
When we got engaged my SO bought Maria a ring that looks very much like an engagement ring. I always wear it when en-femme.

Maria

Sandra
05-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Sandra:

Noted your reply about wearing rings. Very thoughtful of you to share your insights to the betterment of all.

Plese correct me if I am wrong, but it has always been my understanding that when wearing a Wedding ring and an Engagement Ring...the Wedding Ring goes on first followed by the Engagement Ring. With no other rings being worn on the ring finger of the left hand.

The logic as I understand it is that the Wedding Ring goes on first as it is then the ring closest to the heart. Sentimental I am sure, but proper and correct as well.

Barbara

You are quite right Barbara, but also some ladies wear an eternity ring on the same finger as the wedding band, it usually goes, wedding band, engagement ring if one is worn then the eternity ring.

Yes, I wear my wedding band all the time. In fact, I couldn't get it off if I tried. As I got older and bigger, well the ring didn't get any bigger, so it's on to stay

Nigella says that it is for this reason, " first of all she puts a wedding ring on your finger, then she feeds you up so you can't take it off" :)

Rachel Morley
05-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Marla and I have identical (women's) wedding rings...we never take them off no matter what we are wearing.

Denise_Z
05-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Sandra:

Barbara

I have never heard that before about the wedding ring being closer to the heart, and I don't think there is any "rule" as what order to wear them in. However, having said that, I have tried wearing my wedding & engagement rings both ways and must admit that I think it looks better if the wedding ring is on the inside.

dawnmcdaniels
05-07-2006, 12:52 PM
I also add rings when able to my wedding band which I keep on enfemme. Anyone know where to get ladies rings in sizes 12-15 ???

Sandi906
05-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi, Actually, I bought what looks like a wedding rind and engagement ring. When out enfemme, I remove my (male) wedding band and replace it with the ring set mentioned above. Hugs, Sandi

janelle
05-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks all. Wonderful insight, will have to look into getting myself a set of rings.:hugs:
Janelle

Krystenw
05-07-2006, 08:15 PM
My wife and I have identical wedding bands. After 30+ years it think it has shrunk or something. I can not get mine off either.
Krysten

BarbaraNY
05-10-2006, 02:51 AM
[QUOTE=Sandra GG]You are quite right Barbara, but also some ladies wear an eternity ring on the same finger as the wedding band, it usually goes, wedding band, engagement ring if one is worn then the eternity ring.

Thank you Sandra for your confirming insight. Didn't know that tidbit about "Eternity Rings." Now, not only am I a little bit more knowledgable, but we all are.

Barbara

Bev06 GG
05-10-2006, 04:09 AM
When we get married Im going to get my partner a slim line wedding band and an eternity ring. However, alot of women nowadays go for a broader wedding band so I dont suppose anyone would take that much notice.
BEVxxxx

~Dee~
05-10-2006, 04:19 AM
i dont wear rings very often.
i think my fingers are too freaky for rings to work well anyhow.

i work as a jeweller, and as for the sequence of putting rings on, ive heard both engagement ring first and ive heard wedding ring first.. i suppose it depends on which tradition you are going with.
personally i like the wedding ring first.
its also for a sort of insurance, that way if a ring were to fall off it would be the engagement ring first and that way youd still be married, not demoted to engaged. :D

mind you, a lot of the trends in wedding rings have been going all over the place recently. there is a lot of call to move away from the norms and traditions of yesteryear.
so it does give people a lot more freedom to just wear what they feel is comfortable and cute.

Tracy_Victoria
05-10-2006, 05:17 AM
I have the same commitment to my partner (fran posting here as Raksha) dressed as I do when I'm not. before meeting her, I would do the reverse of wearing a wedding band when dressed, to avoid unwanted attention. Now my wedding ring stays firmly there, but I do wear other rings as well, which I don't when in drab mode!

Sage GG
05-10-2006, 09:40 AM
I wear my engagement ring in first as that's the one I received first then the wedding band and I have been told many times by GG's that I wear them wrong.

I thank them for their concern and do as I please.

My SO never wears a wedding ring in drab due to work. en femme, she always has a set on.