PDA

View Full Version : Do You Dance

Kristen Kelly
05-06-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=427065&postcount=31
This post made me think.

As to the death of music with disco, my college days coensided with The Disco years late 70;s I had dejayed in local clubs wore the macho silk shirts and went out dancing 2 or 3 nights a week. In some ways they were my glory years was an excellent dancer I had partners I danced with often we won a few amateur contests too. The clothes were wild, women wore fantastic dresses and men wore the POLYESTER Leisure suits, silk shirts tight pants, and the notorious gold chains. Enjoyed that almost as much as dressing.

Many men dont get out and dance, do you dance more dressed or in drab or the same. Me just started to get out more since October, I love to dress and get out in the clubs. I have even been dressed and danced in a straight club in Atlantic City with 2 other of US girls.

Just Can't Stop Dancing

SherriePall
05-06-2006, 12:33 PM
I have never been out dancing dressed. Dance one slow dance with my wife at most wedding receptions we go to. That's it. Except for in the bedroom. I dance up a storm dressed.

btmgrl6
05-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Yes, I love to dance. in drab or dressed. We have a great club here that features Salsa dancing. i go there 2 or 3 times a month. They give free lessons before the club actually opens to the public. The instructor is a very nice older gentleman, and can he dance. He gets a kick out of my taking lessons en femme.
it took a while to learn to dance salsa in heels as it is pretty fast paced, but with patience and a ton of lessons i can now do it. I sometimes dance with him in the club.....great fun! And as a bonus I get to dance with a lot of gm's .seems that if you can dance salsa they really don't care if you are a cd or gg... it's just plain fun

Steph

ariel_cd
05-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Don't dance as much any more, partly because so few places left that seem to want dancing. The dance floor seems to have been taken over with tables. Making more money? But, how do the ladies here handle it when dressed and you are supposed to follow? The backward steps when I am in heels drive me crazy. I practice at home to slow music because I remember the first time I tried dancing in heels - a disaster. My respect and admiration for GGs, who do it all the time, made another big jump.

Kristen Kelly
05-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Don't dance as much any more, partly because so few places left that seem to want dancing. The dance floor seems to have been taken over with tables. Making more money? But, how do the ladies here handle it when dressed and you are supposed to follow? The backward steps when I am in heels drive me crazy. I practice at home to slow music because I remember the first time I tried dancing in heels - a disaster. My respect and admiration for GGs, who do it all the time, made another big jump.

You bought up a good point never tried slowdancing backwards enfem another reason to practice, I have always lead, this should be fun.

Kate Simmons
05-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Go dancing every weekend as Ericka.

Kate Simmons
05-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Ariel, The club I go to still has a dance floor and they even play disco. I usually dance in boots or low heels but have danced in 4 inchers. It takes getting used for sure but is still fun nonetheless. Ericka

Eric/a
05-06-2006, 01:55 PM
I remember the first time I tried dancing in heels - a disaster. My respect and admiration for GGs, who do it all the time, made another big jump.

There's a popular saying, "Whatever Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers had to do backwards in high heels!"

When I saw the title of this thread, I really hoped you meant square dancing, and here's (http://www.unikarendesigns.com/images4/psg13.jpg) the reason why! Those crinoline dresses, with the petticoats underneath, not to mention the ruffled panties, or pettipants as they're called, are a dream to wear! And that's coming from somebody who knows!:D

Only trouble is, if you don't already know how to square dance, you have to take a class, so you'll be able to follow the caller's directions - allemande left, do si do, right & left grand, and all that - and THEN be able to figure out what's different about the ladies' parts in each step as opposed to the men's. I've gotten past all that, pretty much, but now I've gotta decide if I want to dress up and go dancing at gay clubs, which I'd have to do most of the time to wear the women's stuff, or just go to Halloween dances at staight ones!

JeanneF
05-06-2006, 07:07 PM
I dance when I go clubbing. I hate dancing as a boy, but when I'm a girl it just seems natural. Plus, I can be a little more, uh "creative" in my moves when dancing as a girl.

michelle19845
05-06-2006, 09:26 PM
i listen to trance,techno,dance,electronica i get " shakin " when the beats get goin.i have yet to get to a t-friendly club that has dancing.

Samantha?
05-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Dancing is fun!

A lot of people here (in the Bay Area) seem to be becoming "too cool" to dance at shows or clubs, but I like to close my eyes and move (not that I go out very often - that costs money).

But I seem to be a spazz no matter what. :) Oh, well.

Kate Simmons
05-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Nice to hear all of this ladies. I was beginning to think I was the only dancing "fool" out there. More "magic" at work. As Richard I hated dancing, now you can't get me to stop. Only problem is, I like to slow dance sometimes but it's hard to coax guys on the dance floor. Ericka

joanlynn28
05-07-2006, 10:10 AM
I love to dance my wife and I would go out dancing country western and line dancing a couple of nights a week. We were also members of a dance team. Problem is that places that have that type of dancing are not tg friendly and I now too many people at the clubs we went to to go out. I also need to practice dancing backwards which is not too hard for me just have to remember that the lady leads on her right foor versus the left for a man. There is one place I could go to that no one knows me but it is preatty much a meat market. That is the only one true thing I miss from my wife now that we have split up.

Kyara
05-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Dancing!....oooooooohhhhh JUST LOVE IT! In either mode……but sadly enough I don’t get to do much of it in femme……..someone out there mentioned techno….like it……….disco years? Loved them…… still love the music…….I don’t know about square dancing or country……..but I can salsa my body away with no problem……..I have even learned one very interesting hip movement out of watching young Shakira……..I put that together with what people in the West Indies call “winning”…..and throw in a little of my own inspiration and it all clicks!
Since I am going to spend most of the summer in the North East…..I have even been thinking of taking some dance lessons in NY……in femme……we’ll see. It doesn’t happen often but every time I get a chance……..like today after I log out…..I do 30 to 45 minutes of dancing……….and I love it. I just need to get better at shoulder movement and spice it up with new hip movements as well…….but yes girls! Let’s dance!

Honey Lynn
05-07-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm fairly accomplished at the Bunny Hop:p does that count as dancing:silly: ?

Wenda
05-07-2006, 12:07 PM
I had parts of three discs removed several years ago, and need to be aware of my stomach muscles which have become flabby. I also need to ensure my mobility and flexibility remain reasonably good (which they presently are not, because I spend most of my time at a desk). A therapist suggested yoga or belly-dancing. No-brainer for me, but, I missed the bell-dancing class sign-ups, not once, but twice, but am going to keep my eyes open. One of the most well-recognized instructors entertained at "Bras With Bling" (earlier thread). She is very well endowed, and not at all tiny, in fact, fairly thick through the waist. When she gets into overdrive however, a bit of extra weight means nothing. Super sexy and super feminine. If I manage to get enrolled and take some classes, I will keep you posted.

Butterfly Bill
05-07-2006, 10:50 PM
It was wearing a dress at Rainbow Gatherings and the beat of the drums that gave me the place to figure out how. Did it at Grateful Dead and Phish concerts too. This weekend I was doing it at a Renaissance festival.

Debbi
05-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I have never been out as debbi, nuchless to a club. But my wife and I LOVE to dance at home. we usually 'hangout" on friday or saturfay night and have a few drinks and and always manage to get in at least an hour or more of dancing throughout the evening. since i came out to her as debbi a few months ago, we have danced a few times as girlfriends, but it's usually when i'm in drab, then again my "st home drab' usually consists of my womens flared bottom jeans and sandels, so I'm almost always have dressed anyway.