PDA

View Full Version : Trying On Clothes

Donna O
05-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Hello Everyone;

Went to Dress Barn with the wife. We both found clothing that we liked. I even got to try the clothing on.

What a rush!. Trying on clothes in a department store. The clothes fit, they looked good; showed them to the wife. She liked the look, so we bought the clothes. Of course I was dressed in female mode going into the store and the wife called me by my female name. :happy:

The store was busy and the staff very curtious. The danger was that I would deffinatly overspend if I had more time to shop.:thumbsup:

EricaCD
05-06-2006, 09:40 PM
sounds like you had a great time! if worrying about overspending is your most serious concern, then you are fortunate indeed :)

serinalynn
05-06-2006, 09:49 PM
I usally try on a top or pants or a skirt ever time I shop either at Lane Bryant or at Torrid and it is a rush to take of my girly top and just stand there in my bra and look in the mirror then try on the top or bottom I took in there. I have even just stood there for a few seconds in my bra and panty.

Denise01
05-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I have shopped at Dress Barn in Va, and have tried clothes on in the store.
The sales ladies there were very professional and I got treated like any other lady shopping and trying on clothes.
When shopping I am always totally femme. With the difference in sizing especially in skirts, i have the policy, if i cant try it, I don't buy it.
I too could overspend if i am not carefuly, but I guess that is a girl thing.

Denise

inherundys
05-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Wife and I were at a sporting goods store today. I went into a dressing room to try on some swimming trunks. I was surprised to find a bunch of girls clothing in there that others had tried on. I looked on the hangers and found this really nice soft, chiffon type summer dress. I could not resist, I had to try it on. It felt so good, I took off my underwear. I almost had an "accident", it felt so good. I looked up and saw what could have been camera lense in between the air conditioning louvers and quickly got undressed and back into my male clothes. I guess I will be frequenting dressing rooms more often:<3:

Connieminiskirts
05-06-2006, 10:38 PM
The incredibly fun thing to do is to be shopping alone in a store like dressbarn or even Fashion Bug, and looking for that perfect skirt for your "daughter or wife" and find it! The perfect bright yellow denim mini!! right size!! "Excuse me," says I to the young lady clerk, " This skirt looks perfect for my wife, and I think it will fit her, but not sure, since she and I wear the same size, could I try it on?" The girl looks at me and say's "Sure, cool with me, I'll even make sure nobody bug you! But you gotta show me what it looks like on you!" I agreed, tried it on, opened the door she looked said "cool it fits nice! WOW" Great legs!" and she smiled! I shut the door, she was right, they were leggs, sheer energy control top!, taupe! I bought the skirt, 2 tops and earings.
I was not even so much as in a relationship at the time!! It was a great experience!!!

Scotty
05-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Went to wal-mart with the ex G/F tonight and bought a baby-doll :)

That was fun!! I'll post more on it in a bit, on the phone....:)

I feel good, we are going to go back shopping soon!
I've *ALWAYS* Wanted a levi jacket, bought one online tonight, and my running shorts came in from Jockey today - I LOVE them!! Short running shorts (tights).....

terrigurl
05-07-2006, 08:53 AM
I used to shop at Dress Barn a lot, until I was told not to come back again. I had been browsing at one of their stores, when a saleslady came up and asked, "May I help you, ma'am?" When I replied, she recognized me and seemed very embarrassed. The next time I went in there, I was told by the manager, a very nice lady up until then, not to come back. She said their district manager had told them that I would no longer be allowed to shop there. I was very disappointed, especially when the other two stores told me the same thing. I guess the district manager is a real bitch.

Terri

Maria-Christina
05-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Hi Donna

You are a very lucky girl to have your wife go out with you. Even though my SO is very good about my dressing going out together is a rare treat. When we are out with me in male mode I have to take clothes into changing rooms and then she sticks her head in to give advice.

I love dressing but it can be a lonely hobby.

Maria

DanaJ
05-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I looked on the hangers and found this really nice soft, chiffon type summer dress. I could not resist, I had to try it on. It felt so good, I took off my underwear. I almost had an "accident", it felt so good. ... I guess I will be frequenting dressing rooms more often:<3:Thanks for reminding me why I don't like to try on clothes in a store! You took off your underwear and almost had an "accident"??? T M I !!!

stephanie100
05-07-2006, 09:06 AM
I have never dared to try things on in a shop my SO is the same size as me in skirts I am a size up on her for tops and dresses so it is easy to judge. Ive never been told not to shop anywhere Im afraid if I was there would be a sceen Id keep on going back and annoying the little hitlers.
Steph

prokrstn8r
05-09-2006, 07:28 AM
my favorite place to try on things is at Victoria's Secret. The girls that work there are very sweet and good looking too. I love the expressions I get when I turn on the little help needed lights or when I ask if they can get me something in a different size... :happy:

TGMarla
05-09-2006, 07:35 AM
I think it's so nice when couples do things together! Sounds like a very exhilirating experience.

jjjjohanne
05-09-2006, 07:37 AM
I have frequently gone to stores in male mode and asked to try on clothes. The clerks have always been friendly, helpful, and supportive. My first time doing this was for halloween. Man, was I hooked after that. I too had on hose. When I came out and the clerk looked at me, she noticed my hose. They complimented me on my figure and butt. They said I had nice legs... How could I have not been hooked. Months later, I went back to that store and the same clerk (a 50's something lady) jokingly asked me if I was looking for men's or women's clothes. Bashfully, I told her women's. She was ok with it and I had my second wonderful experience in that store.

Joe

Jillian310
05-12-2006, 06:08 AM
If I don't try on, I don't buy! I have never had a bad experience dressed en drab or en femme. The clerks at Torrid and the Bug are the best! SHOPPING - - - THE CURSE OF THE CD CLASS!!!!! (We don't know when to stop!)

ShortSkirt
05-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Id keep on going back and annoying the little hitlers.

That is to funny. Really gave me the giggles. We think alike.:lol::lol:

Tina Dixon
05-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Thanks for reminding me why I don't like to try on clothes in a store! You took off your underwear and almost had an "accident"??? T M I !!!

Yes good grief, thanks Dana, my same thoughts.

satinslip
05-12-2006, 09:30 AM
I've never yet had the pleasure of shopping en femme, but even shopping in drab I've still had some very pleasurable experiences of being able to try things on.

Choose a quiet time, tell the saleslady you're looking for clothes for yourself because you like to cross-dress, and a common reaction I've had is "Wow, that's lovely. Let me help you choose. Try things on if you want. I'm closing in a moment. There won't be any problem". No guarantee that you'll always get this sort of reaction, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Of course, trying on is no problem at all in stores catering to crossdressers. I've even dressed and undressed with the sales girl in the dressing room with me, helping me decide whether the outfits are right for me, and coming back with shoes and accessories to go with the outfits. Lovely!

But it's much more of a buzz to do this in a straight store. In one place - a beautiful vintage store - I had three assistants bringing selections to the dressing room. And then I came out onto the floor to model the selections and get their comments and tell them how much I liked each outfit: stuff like vintage satin slips, a wedding dress, a fur coat, a black lace cocktail dress. A fabulous experience! Don't be afraid. Just do it!

experiment102
05-12-2006, 10:27 AM
I've only gotten the nerve up to try something on once and it was jeans...so I don't know if that really counts. But I am headed out shopping with a friend tomorrow and I cannot wait! She gives me such a sense of security that I am much more willing to do things and I think I will be able to overcome this fear with her so that I can then do it on my own in the future. But all of your stories are inspiring to me and I will let you know how tomorrow goes.

Kisses,
Kaitlyn