PDA

View Full Version : Panty Size

Lilly 40C
05-07-2006, 08:30 AM
I love wearing panties but, don't seem to find the correct size/style. I love lace and thongs but most are too big arroung my legs so I hang out. My man's brief size is 38-40 and men's briefs fit OK. What size and style panties and thongs should I wear so I'm not hanging out?

terrigurl
05-07-2006, 08:35 AM
If you go to a store like KMart, they have packaged panties, with both panty size and waist size (or dress size) on the outside of the package. You should be able to find your correct size that way.

Terri

DonnaT
05-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Well Lilly, it isn't really the waist size that matters.

The patch of material between the leg openings is called the gusset. The wider the gusset, the better the chance of not falling out. Tighter leg openings help too. Neither of these measurements are printed anywhere.

Check the gusset size of the panties you have now, and when you go to buy, look for some with a wider gusset.

As for lacy boy short type panties, hold them up, and if the gusset portion hangs very long below the leg openings, then they won't hold you in. Look for those having a shorter gusset length.

As for thongs, can't help you there. ;)

Karren H
05-07-2006, 01:13 PM
I wear 30-32 male hanes underwear and wear an 8 pantie or thong. Try the hanes womens thongs in a 9 or so. Stretchey and good at holding things in!!

Love Karren

DeeInGeorgia
05-07-2006, 01:21 PM
I would suggest you try Lane Bryant stores. Their microfiber panties and thong have a pretty good gusset and their size 14-16 panty is still a little bit big for my 38 inch waist. Hanes panties in size 7 might also be a good fit. The cotton size 5 fits well on me, but the nylon size 5 are a bit small, so I guess size 7 would be a good fit for you.

Dee

EricaCD
05-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Bear in mind that a lot of styles that will flatter a woman's pelvis, hips and pubic area will simply not work given our extra packaging. If you want to go with a thong, you will probably do well with one that has a little more fabric on the front as opposed to a tiny little "I wish I could see my SO in this" piece.

It's trial and error. The good news is that the trying part is lots of fun!

Erica

Kate Simmons
05-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Check out the size charts in catalogs if you don't wanna pick up a package in the store to read. Of course those size charts are based on GG's proportions, so you may have to experiment a little. I wear a size 6 or 7 panty (depending on what I had for dinner). Seems to work for me. EKR

Kate Simmons
05-07-2006, 02:09 PM
I wear 30-32 male hanes underwear and wear an 8 pantie or thong. Try the hanes womens thongs in a 9 or so. Stretchey and good at holding things in!!

Love Karren
Carumba Senora. You've got me beat even as a guy in that department. I wear size 36 guy underwear. Some days a gal just can't win for losin!!! EKR

taren
05-07-2006, 02:13 PM
i wear a size 8 in cotton panties , working on a 7 and i'm about your size , wally world is your best bet:happy:

Jenni
05-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Maybe you could try wearing Vanity Fair undies. They tend to have a wider crotch than some other brands.

jenni

Monica55cd
05-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Lilly.. I wear the same size as you in mens briefs...and I find that for most thinks I wear an 8 or 7 in most panties...i like the high cut style and bikini style and love the low boy shorts too....have fun trying different sizes and styles on....

btmgrl6
05-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Speaking of panties...Anyone ever try wearing a "gaff"? I think it was invented by a str8 gm to deter us girls from trying to hide our stuff...lol
Size 6 here, depending on the style

Steph

KerriAnn
05-07-2006, 04:05 PM
I love wearing panties but, don't seem to find the correct size/style. I love lace and thongs but most are too big arroung my legs so I hang out. My man's brief size is 38-40 and men's briefs fit OK. What size and style panties and thongs should I wear so I'm not hanging out?

I think as the others have already mentioned, it depends on the style and fabric of the panties in question and the size of what you have down there to cover. However generally when buying bikini or low rise panties measure your hips and base your size selection on the hip size rather than the waist size. The idea being that a GG has bigger hips than a CDer. For example I have a 31in waist, but
I have 38in hips, so I can usually fit Size 6 (US) or a Size 12/14 (UK) quite well. If on the other hand I was to go by the waist size, I'd find that the panties have a tendancy to slip off.

For general sizing check out any online shopping catalogues for sizing guides. Here are a couple random ones for your reference.

UK http://www2.marksandspencer.com/help/size_guides/women/clothing.shtml

US http://www.freshpair.com/sizing.html

ashlee chiffon
05-07-2006, 04:12 PM
a size 6, maybe 7, depending on the maker of the panty. My waist goes from 34 to 36, and at one time was 32, and a 6 fit all. The gusset should be 3 inchs or more...the vintage vanity fair panties i like sooo much because of the softness of the nylon, sometimes has a narrow gusset and at times is uncomfortible *much like some thongs are to GG's"...so i bid on ebay *crossdresser, women's lingerie, or vintage panties...are some of the sites* with sellers that cut to fit...you can have them put in a 3,4,5, or whatever size you want. I get double nylon gussets *no cotton for this gal!* and the quality is usually Better then store bought!...
hope i've helped!

carend_99
05-07-2006, 08:41 PM
I wear a size 30 in male pants and most of my panties are size medium. All of my Victorias Secret are medium, and my shaping briefs are large, simply so they don't cut off the blood supply :) I'd try a large or x-large if I were you.

Tina Dixon
05-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Well Lilly, it isn't really the waist size that matters.

The patch of material between the leg openings is called the gusset. The wider the gusset, the better the chance of not falling out. Tighter leg openings help too. Neither of these measurements are printed anywhere.

Check the gusset size of the panties you have now, and when you go to buy, look for some with a wider gusset.

As for lacy boy short type panties, hold them up, and if the gusset portion hangs very long below the leg openings, then they won't hold you in. Look for those having a shorter gusset length.

As for thongs, can't help you there. ;)

Donna I did not know about this, great helpfill hint:thumbsup: