PDA

View Full Version : The GG walk

ariel_cd
05-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Read this on another site a few years ago and saw some humor in it.

One of the ladies was having trouble getting her female walk perfected. She had read that male and female hips were joined differently and did anyone have any "mechanical" tricks to overcome this problem.

One person answered like this (best as I remember):
You are a good girl, are you not? What do all good girls do? They keep their legs together. If you will keep your thighs together while walking you will naturally take smaller steps, walk slower and be in better balance to get a good wiggle in your waggle.

Another said:
Throw your shoulders back and push out your boobs. Be proud of them. It will help your hip movement.

Decided to put both of them together and give it a try. So there I am, walking across the room thinking, I may be a good girl below the waist but up on top I am a ****. Yowza!

BTW - Overheard this from a profesional female impersonator. If you want to get a good feel for the proper rhythm and sway, practice while walking up a flight of stairs.

I yam what I yam
Popeye the Sailor

Francine
05-07-2006, 10:50 AM
My answer to this was on another message board with the same topic of heels and walk.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28950

Francine

walk slower, talk softer

Sandra
05-07-2006, 11:03 AM
The GG walk is very simple.......

One foot in front of the other :)

Janet_Johnson_cd
05-07-2006, 11:05 AM
One foot in front of the other :)

Thats right. :)

cindybarnes
05-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Sandra,
Easy for you to say :),,,,,,,,,,, I have the foot part down since age 2,, its the rest of the moving parts thats tricky :)

Cindy

Janet_Johnson_cd
05-07-2006, 11:12 AM
I walk like a girl anyway as i wear size 3 shoes.

Kate Simmons
05-07-2006, 01:36 PM
I saw a video on deportment at a Renaissance meeting a few years ago. I said to myself you've got to be kidding. I'm not gonna walk around carrying a broom and put stuff on my head. It's all true what is being said but then again because of who I am, I gotta find my own way(Now, that's a shocker!). What actually helped me was taking the plunge on the dance floor because when I dance, I move from my hips. After awhile I found it became second nature and really didn't have to think about it as Ericka with walking either. Just have to remember what "mode" I'm in as I don't think Richard walking as Ericka would do much for my guy reputation. EKR

Sandra
05-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Ok girls I know it's easy for me to say, but just watch GGs and don't take great big steps. :)

kathy gg
05-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Simple excercise to do, go to a busy location and video tape women as the walk but, of course you will tape guys to, but you mainly want to watch women walk.

Then go home and set up a tri-pod and record your own walk. Then compare....

Amanda has done this and has found there is a sway to the male shoulder that we don't seem to have. Almost like a waddle-ish move.

Then un-learn what ever movement you do that is too guyish.

:D

Siobhan Marie
05-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Sandra,
Easy for you to say :),,,,,,,,,,, I have the foot part down since age 2,, its the rest of the moving parts thats tricky :)

Cindy

Its ok Cindy, I'm having the same problem.

:hugs: Anna x

btmgrl6
05-07-2006, 04:09 PM
take smaller steps and one foot in front of the other....as it will give you good hip movement.

Steph

Sally24
05-07-2006, 06:36 PM
I have to admit to trying one of those videos. It actually helped to get started on "the walk". It is very difficult to transfer what you see in women, to moving what you have. I found that the tip "try to make your thighs touch as you walk" got me into the right area. I finally learned to push the hips and butt forward as I moved and it got easier the more I tried. Making a home video of real women on the street is a good way to improve, but you might have to start with an instructional video to get started.

Tina Dixon
05-07-2006, 06:41 PM
I practice every time I get dress now, don't seem to be hard to do, does help to have a nice ass to shake:D

Wenda
05-07-2006, 07:48 PM
I have also studied the opposite effect, when an otherwise sexy lady walks like a guy. The first time I noticed this was with Anne Murray, who has not only a great voice, but a phys ed degree. She walks like a jock, which she is.
Last year I was volunteering at a festival of food and drink, which attracted some exceptionally attractive and well-dressed ladies. One very attractive young lady showed up with a killer 'wrap skirt' that tapered to show a lot of leg when she walked, with a gorgeous set of boots, which I complimented her on. She 'strode' with her heels pounding into the floor. Maybe she had some military training, because she walked like she was marching. Sexy lady, unsexy walk. That gave me hope that if she could 'learn' to march like a guy, I could learn to walk like a girl.

Clare
05-07-2006, 08:51 PM
The trick to walking like a woman is all down to foot placement.

Have you noticed that women walk by placing one foot almost directly in front of the other when they take a step? This generates the hip swing movement in women, particulary when they are wearing high heels.

Men almost always walk by placing their feet in a parallel position as they move forward. This accounts for the side to side shoulder movement as their weight moves perpendicular to the direction of movement.

DeeInGeorgia
05-07-2006, 09:20 PM
All I know about one foot in front of the other is many years ago I was told that that was the way American Indians walked, Single file and one foot in front of the other. And I learned it years before the same thing came up in "Star Wars".

I have also noticed that the additional padding on the derierre of many women adds to the effect.

Dee

Francine
05-07-2006, 09:29 PM
ok, I'll spell it out again... (by copying)

I was coached that women walk differently from men too. Let's see if I can explain this.
Men usually walk by exending their leg, planting their heels and rocking forward to the toe. They also walk such that their legs extend straight forward and back so as they walk their legs parallel one another.

Now women walk by extending the leg, but pulling the from the toe, and and then setting the heel down. This usually causes less 'click'. Almost like walking on their 'tip toes'. (this is especially true wearing taller heels, I think). Women also have a tendency to walk slower (of course) and placing one foot in front of the other, even to the point they cross over one another, which as I believe, gives that 'little wiggle in the walk' men like so much!

Now, I could be all wet, but that's sort of what I learned and the latter is what I practice. But that may just be me.

Francine

Joy Carter
05-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Ya know I had it down pat but somebody gave me a piece of gum now the whole walk thing is shot. LOL

robinLynn
05-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Sandra,

Cindy
give me a pair of heels and i can shake my ass

Crisack
05-08-2006, 12:24 AM
This link was from a response by Paula Jaye in this Thread (http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25460&highlight=biomotion)

BioMotion 1.8 (http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html) helped me to see the difference between the male and female walk in different postures. Kind of a fun thing to play with too, lol.

Kate Simmons
05-08-2006, 05:33 AM
give me a pair of heels and i can shake my ass
Works for me Hon. I doubt they are looking at anything else. EKR

Phyliss
05-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Something I discovered this morning while at the gym. There is one treadmill there that is kinda of by itself without any other machines behind it. After my morning workout I slowed it down to practice walking. This gives me a chance to be able to spend a fair amount of time without having to constantly turn around when I'm in my house. Nobody said anything to me or even looked in my direction. (they're all too busy with their own "power walking" routine)
So if you have access to a gym or are a member of one that might be an idea.
No,....don't wear a pair of five inch heels on the treadmill. Then you might get strange looks from others, to say nothing of what you will do to the drive belt.

stephanie100
05-08-2006, 07:16 AM
It imposible for us gurls to get the walk of the GGs it is all due to the hips and the fact that a GGs hip is designed to give birth thet is the reason we can imitate maybe but without major bone shattering surgery cant get natural If that makes sence
Steph:sad:

Gurly
05-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Sandra's suggestion of placing one foot in front of another is the best way to develop a walk. I saw Jack Lemmon demonstrate it one night on Johnny Carson's show and it looked so simple. Although a simple move, it still takes practice to get it down. Oddly enough I find it easier to do when I'm wearing tall heels.

Maria D
05-08-2006, 02:28 PM
It imposible for us gurls to get the walk of the GGs it is all due to the hips and the fact that a GGs hip is designed to give birth thet is the reason we can imitate maybe but without major bone shattering surgery cant get natural If that makes sence
Steph:sad:

That's not true. Though a woman's pelvis is wider, the way each sex walks is due to social conditioning. You grow up and imitate what you see around you. I used to walk like a man because I was supposed to. I don't remember learning it in the same way I don't remember learning to talk. And just like learning another language, you can learn to walk a different way. Feminine if you want. ;)

I know women who walk in a very feminine manner, I know women who walk like men (including my fiancee), I knew a woman who walked like a copper, because she used to be a copper, she learnt a new walk while out on the beat (in the days when they had beat coppers). And over the last little while I've been learning to walk like a woman because I'm trying to be one. A woman, not a walk. With practice anything is possible, except levitation or training a cat, but I have the advantage that I am full time and therefore needed to get good quickly. According to my friends my walk is fine now, apparently. It probably helps that I have a fat arse ;)

Take care :)

Kathryn
05-08-2006, 04:07 PM
This thing is very interesting. I am going to spend a bit of time with this and try to transfer the concepts to my fem walking. Worth a try!!
Kathryn:happy:

ShortSkirt
05-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Oddly enough I find it easier to do when I'm wearing tall heels.

Taller heels force the leg into the "proper" stance by keeping the toe's lower than the heel, and by the leg being forced into it, it also forces the hip. Women walk like a cat, footprints in a single line close to overlapping. The closer to overlapping, the more movement the hips must make, its all about extension. When women walk in heel's, they lead with the leg. Men lead with their body. Because women have a different pelvic bone, their hip's allow them to do that naturally. We can do it to, it just takes work because it's not "natural" for us.

The hard part for me is going down stairs, or ramps like at a bar or wheelchair access in 5" heels LOL.

Sam-antha
05-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Here you are girls, the complete "How to..." So somplete that it just leaves you to do the controling bit yourself...... on the stairs....
Have fun
http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

Remember, head up and one foot in front of the one behind.

~Samm

Difficult really to know the mood that you should be in.
Just get on and walk.

Jennaie
05-08-2006, 07:01 PM
I can't seem to stop that shoulder swing thing. I have had it all my life, I walked like that since I was a little boy. My father even told me when I was in my 30's that men don't like to see other men walk like that. He said that it looks cocky. I told him that I cannot help the way I walk.

I have been told by women that I have a very sexy walk. I have found that if I twist my waist a bit as I walk it seems to help some.

If anyone has any of the pink pills I'd take one and be happy as a woman. :happy:

Lesley
05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
I have videotaped myself standing, sitting, walking, etc., and made mental notes on male habits I need to remedy. I already walk and sit pretty well, but sometimes have trouble with my hands, waving them around "like a guy".

My voice is also something that gives me away. I'm still working on that, trying to speak a little slower, a little softer and a little higher. On video, the picture looks pretty good, the clothes, the face, hair, hands, legs....all look realistic. Then you start wondering "where's the man?"

Another hint while you're walking (and sitting) besides remembering to keep your feet and legs close together, is to remember also to walk with your elbows in close to your sides, and keep your fingers together and slightly pointed away from you as you walk. Try to avoid tight fists and big arm movements.

A gg friend of mine who works at a convenience store told me it was not my walk, my height, or my shoulders, or even my bare arms that gave me away to her, but my voice (I was trying!). Another who works at a coffee house told me most attractive women don't come in by themselves, dressed to the nines, in lipstick, make-up, a short tight skirt and five inch CFM heels and sit down by themselves......oh well. That's not going to stop me!

Adrienne Heels
05-08-2006, 08:58 PM
I tried walking in heels putting my toes down first instead of my heel and I seem to be getting more hip action. Also taking smaller steps and keeping feet closer together, almost one foot in front of the other.

It feels nice!

Karyn

Siobhan Marie
05-10-2006, 05:14 PM
am working on the way I walk, and nearly fall over as it's not doing my sense of ballance any good. Have seen the Bio-Motion on another forum and it does not make feel any better about my femme walk! :happy:

:hugs: Anna x

OniKoneko
05-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Huh. I've never had trouble walking, although that's probably due to me being transsexual instead of a CDer. I walk how is comfortable to me and, apparently, comfortable to me includes a hip-sway. My friends have told me I have kind of a nice ass and, much to my embarassment, that I have a little "catwalk" stride going on.

I naturally walk on my toes. If I am barefoot or in socks at home, I usually walk on my toes with my heels suspended in air. It's more comfortable to me and I feel it allows me greater range of movement and lets me move faster. I'm rather combat-minded sometimes. :P

My legs... Ehh. They go where they go. Mostly I walk with them together. I am fully uncomfortable with the male "swagger" that's going on.

My advice is that you either have to concentrate on it, or you don't. If you're like me and are just a poor girl stuck in a guy's nasty body, then you might have to concentrate at first, but it is very likely that you'll pick it up quickly as it will feel more natural. If you're going to be switching back and forth from guy-mode to girl-mode, then you'll need to practice concentrating on the appropriate walk for your mode and practice keeping that concentration when you are doing other things.

Marlena Dahlstrom
05-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Huh. I've never had trouble walking, although that's probably due to me being transsexual instead of a CDer.

Hrm... I didn't know TS were born with a "walking in heels" gene.

Look, I know you probably meant well, but it sure came across as one of those "tranny hierarchy" kind of comments.

:mad:

Personally, I've never a had a problem walking in heels. BTW, I find that making sure your thighs brush together creates enough wiggle without overdoing it. Only runway models actually have their feet cross over while walking. As mentioned, it helps to keep the elbows in and to rotate your wrists out slightly since women's arms hang at a slightly different angle to accomodate their wider hips.

Sandra
05-11-2006, 05:39 AM
Huh. I've never had trouble walking, although that's probably due to me being transsexual instead of a CDer.

Please tell what's that got to do with it.