PDA

View Full Version : First time out about town

Maria Louise
05-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Howdy girls!

My wife is going away for a few days and I've been planning to go out en femme at for the first time sometime during the week.

I'm not really convincing and also very nervous. Any advice as to what to wear to avoid "the stares"? Any dos and donts?

Thank you all!

Maria Louise

Rachel Morley
05-07-2006, 11:48 AM
I would suggest going out during the twilight time of day. I did this on my first ever outing and it gave me a little bit of confidence. It was early evening and I drove to a parking lot near a strip mall and did a little bit of window shoping for about half an hour.

As far as what to wear, try to blend in. I wore capris, a blouse and a cardigan.

Wenda
05-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I have only gone out to buy gas, beer, the essentials. I wore all my foundations, my favourite stretchy jeans, and my ladies black turtleneck sweater. Probably got made, but no issues. Doubt I will ever be able to go out in my 5" shiny thigh high boots with my shiny short tight skirt with the lace-up sides. That would just be asking for trouble.

gennee
05-07-2006, 12:18 PM
I went out for the first time this past Wednesday. I wore a denim skirt and pink top. My suggestion is to go with another person or a group, if you can. Also, don't wear anything that will draw attention to you. I walked around and nobody said anything to me. Just enjoy the experience.

Gennee

Kate Simmons
05-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Not really. I've found the best thing is to try and act as natural as possible and just be yourself. Some people stare regardless because they have nothing better to do. Most are so busy with their own thing, they don't take the time to notice. Usually works for me. Ericka

Denise01
05-07-2006, 01:03 PM
I fully agree with Angel, for the first time out, the best time of the day is in the evening near twilight.
Most important is to dress to blend in, with the girls that will be out and about at that time.
If the majority of the girls will be wearing capris, slacks or shorts, dress as they do. If it is a mix of slacks and skirts , you may wear either providing it is a casual look.
One other very important item, too is to have a good wig, as that makes all the difference in appearance, and passing. Going out with another CD or GG if possible, will also help, as you will not be so succeptable to one looking directly at you.
The big thing is confidence, act like it is the most natural thing you do, and you will quickly realize no one is staring at you unless you do something to draw attention

Good Luck and let us know how it goes

Denise

jjjjohanne
05-09-2006, 07:27 AM
A caution about night time outings... If you feel safe in the dark and where you are alone, you can feel sure that a person up to no good will feel safe there too. You are safer in public places where people are prone to show up unexpected. You are safest in the mall in the daytime. Safety seems to be inversely related to our instincts on outings!

Maria Louise
05-09-2006, 10:57 AM
I really am jealous of you all. you make the whole thing sound so pleasureable.
I've decided on a pink blouse, brown slacks and boots and a jacket. Hopefully it won't rain!

I'll let you all know how I got on.

I went out for the first time this past Wednesday. I wore a denim skirt and pink top. My suggestion is to go with another person or a group, if you can. Also, don't wear anything that will draw attention to you. I walked around and nobody said anything to me. Just enjoy the experience.

Gennee

P.S. Genee, I'd love to more about your excursion!

Maria Louise

Kristen Kelly
05-09-2006, 11:09 AM
My I suggest a TG friendly Gay bar many have drag nights where you could blend in no matter how nervous you might be.

randi_789
05-09-2006, 01:28 PM
I have been out both with someone else and alone. Having someone there for support makes it a lot easier, but going alone has a different thrill altogether. I agree that the mall is the safest and when I did go alone it was before noon so the mall crowd was small.

Sam-antha
05-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Maria, Ihope the boots will not be too long for thistime of year...
As far as the time to go out is concerned, go out in the very early twilight, when it is still mostly light. That is perhaps difficult. But it has the reason that it will get you back before it is too dark.
Stay with the crowd, not alone in a strange street.
Knwo exactly where you are going and how yo get out and away of whereever to your car.
Enjoy.

crowznest
05-09-2006, 03:41 PM
whatever you do don't go to the bar and drink cause next thing you know your buzzed and rolling into the bathroom.........the wrong one! LOL how embarrassing!:evil:

Janet_Johnson_cd
05-09-2006, 03:50 PM
I'd say that if you can go out fully crossdressed your better than me. :)