PDA

View Full Version : The Athletic Look?

Jenni
05-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi and :love: to everyone, it's been a long time since I posted. I'm going on a short vacation in two weeks, and it's going to be a good opportunity to go out dressed for the first time. I'm terrified of getting read, though, so I'm going to keep it real simple with the idea of blending in.

I bought a nice pink windsuit and white tank top off ebay, and they are real cute and feminine. I was thinking of wearing this, along with a wig with ponytail and scrunchie, and minimal makeup. As long as the weather stays nice, this idea really appeals to me.

What do you girls think?

XOXO

jenni

Laurie Ann
05-07-2006, 01:42 PM
I think it sounds like a very cute outfit, don't forget some girlie sneakers to go with it.

EricaCD
05-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Very sensible approach and sounds cute!

Summer is tricky because the less we wear, the fewer opportunities we have to perfect the illusion. Your plan - to keep to a basic look - is the smart way not to draw attention to yourself.

Have a great time out and about!

Erica

Kate Simmons
05-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi Jenni, Sounds good to me Hon. From your picture, I don't think you'll have too many problems being "read". While it is a cause for concern somewhat, I think it may be overstated sometimes. I personally don't let it bother me because people are going to think what they want regardless. The important thing is how you feel.Have a good time and enjoy yourself. Take care, Ericka

Jenni
05-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi Ericka, I just want to let you know right off that the picture isn't me, but my fave actress, Winona Ryder. I don't look like her yet, but I'm working on it. :happy:

Just wanted to clear up any confusion, so changed my avatar until I upload my own picture.

jenni

Kate Simmons
05-07-2006, 03:18 PM
You are Winona to me Hon. Ericka

Jenni, One of these days I'll get a pic to post. MMM On second thought, maybe I'll just keep the avatar. Don't wanna "break" anything. LOL. Ericka

Karren H
05-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Sounds like most of the women that I see out and about every day...you will blend right in!! Though I would perfer a simple casual skirt and a top with a plain pair of sandles. Have fun!

Love Karren

Rachel Morley
05-07-2006, 05:08 PM
I bought a nice pink windsuit and white tank top off ebay, and they are real cute and feminine. I was thinking of wearing this, along with a wig with ponytail and scrunchie, and minimal makeup. As long as the weather stays nice, this idea really appeals to me.

What do you girls think?
Totally do-able and a very good idea :) If it's your first time out, I'd say wearing something not too overtly femnine but still girly enough to make you feel special is always the best thing. You can work up to skirts and dresses as your confidence grows. Although, when you say minimal make up I personally would go for minimal make up for a cder, not minimal make up for a GG. As long as your manerisums don't give you away, you should have lots of fun with minimal stress :) Go for it!

Kate Simmons
05-08-2006, 06:26 AM
All fine and good. Some guys like athletic women however, especially if they look cute. Just be prepared for that. Casual settings make it easier to talk than formal ones and guys get a little nervier. Believe me, I know. Ericka

GypsyKaren
05-08-2006, 06:38 AM
Don't worry about being read, if it happens it happens, it won't be the end of the world. Just go out and have a good time!

Karen

Maryanntv
05-08-2006, 06:54 AM
wearing a wig and making a ponytail can be very natural looking as long as you do it right and double check the back of your head so nothing is sticking out. When I'm wearing a long wig, I sometimes braid it , not to tight so the hair still covers a bit of my ears, if well done, it looks very natural too.
Hope this helps....Have fun:thumbsup:

Scotty
05-08-2006, 07:50 AM
It's a very good idea :)
Sounds like a cute outfit too!