PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't it fit?

sparks
05-07-2006, 03:16 PM
I've got a compelling question. My corsette does fit. The tag says it's a 32C
Which shoulf fit. Do they measure different than Bras. Damn thing! For someone who doesn't dress very often this was really frustrating? Did I actually balloon up to a 33 I don't think so? I measured and if I did this correctly my little frame is still the same.

Wenda
05-07-2006, 03:40 PM
I can't offer an explanation, except that women's clothing sizes are wonky., If you buy a men's pair of pants, say, 38" waist and 32" leg, the only thing you need to try them on for is to see if the cut and design are right. If you check a catalogue, defferent brands have different specs for their items. I think the current Sears summer catalogue has 2 or 3 different measuring guides for swim suits. If it is a corset and a bit tight, is that a bad thing? My problem is that they are usually too short in the torso. I just bought a classic corset on eBay, and am a bit apprehensive.

Wendy me
05-07-2006, 03:46 PM
this might helpe you some...http://www.fredericks.com/services/howtocorset.asp

sparks
05-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I can't offer an explanation, except that women's clothing sizes are wonky., If you buy a men's pair of pants, say, 38" waist and 32" leg, the only thing you need to try them on for is to see if the cut and design are right. If you check a catalogue, defferent brands have different specs for their items. I think the current Sears summer catalogue has 2 or 3 different measuring guides for swim suits. If it is a corset and a bit tight, is that a bad thing? My problem is that they are usually too short in the torso. I just bought a classic corset on eBay, and am a bit apprehensive.

Yeah it's a bd thing cause I can't get the damn thing done up. And I was so excited. I good tear is welling up. 2.00 down the drain.
A bargain is only a bargain WHEN IT FITS!

sparks
05-07-2006, 03:58 PM
this might helpe you some...http://www.fredericks.com/services/howtocorset.asp

I luv the picts but am I supposed to read something! LOL

Teresa Amina
05-07-2006, 05:10 PM
When I got my corset off ebay the range of measurements were either + or - 2 inches. It should probably not be snugged up all the way everywhere. I pinch mine in all the way in the middle to just under 36 inches and let it out on top to accomodate a 44 inch bust and down below to just rest at the top of my Veronica hips. Play with the lacing and see what you can do, it took me a while to figure it out, could still use some fine tuning.