PDA

View Full Version : Anyone to try on a wedding dress....?

Emma_Forbes
05-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi Girls,

Well I'm still at it. This time I wrote to 6 relatively local wedding dress salons asking whether they would accommodate me trying on wedding dresses (I wrote in male mode). All but one have been positive in their response (tha one hasn't replied yet), and are more than happy for me to have an appointment to go and try on a selection of dresses.

I know business is business but I'm still staggered.....

The moral of all this - if in doubt ask, you will be surprised!

Em

Karren H
05-07-2006, 04:44 PM
I have a friend who lives nearby and she has this sweet wedding dress!!
And we both wear the same size and damn is it heavy!!! Never did try on one in the store!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrenhutton/slideshow?.dir=/457a&.src=ph

Love Karren

Rachel Morley
05-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi Emma,

Wow! this is a suprise to me and I can see why you're staggered. I know intellectually it doesn't matter, and shouldn't matter, but in the real world things aren't always that simple.

So now what?....are you going to try before you buy? If so do you think they'll let you take pictures? Outings with pics are much more fun.

Lawren
05-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Only in my dreams. I have always wanted to wear a wedding gown but haver yet to do so. You have more courage than I do just to contact the shops and inquire about it. Sigh!!!! :sigh::daydreaming:

Joy Carter
05-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Oh wedding gowns are so pas-say, now a Marie Antoinette gown I'd try that number on in a flash. LOL :D

PS Karen you should be on top of a cake you look so good in your pic.

Diane CHILDS
05-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Only in my dreams. I have always wanted to wear a wedding gown but haver yet to do so. You have more courage than I do just to contact the shops and inquire about it. Sigh!!!! :sigh::daydreaming:

Buy one on ebay then, it's easy and they often sell very cheaply.

I have a couple that would have cost around £500 ($800) each that I have bought for around $70 .....excellent condition worn once for a few hours :)

When you get it, if you don't like it or it doesn't fit then sell it on ebay again.

Di xx

Kate Simmons
05-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Bought one myself a couple of years ago(during one of my "mad" moments). I tried it on once and it looks nice. As far as really using it, well I'll probably figure out something. Wedding are so blamed expensive you know. EKR

Honey Lynn
05-07-2006, 06:30 PM
I have a friend who lives nearby and she has this sweet wedding dress!!
And we both wear the same size and damn is it heavy!!!

Methinks they design wedding dresses to be heavy and hard to maneuver in so the bride can't easily run away when she realizes what's she's about to do:D Just my opinion donut ya know?

Josi
05-07-2006, 06:55 PM
wedding dresses are now on sale in Asda (Walmart) .. VERY cheap but look ok ,,

Kate Simmons
05-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Methinks they design wedding dresses to be heavy and hard to maneuver in so the bride can't easily run away when she realizes what's she's about to do:D Just my opinion donut ya know?
My wife got me on that one too(gotta give her credit). On our wedding night when we went back to the apartment, she said wait I have to go upstairs. Came back down in her nightie so she wouldn't have to lug that heavy thing around. Should have known right then that she was going to run the show. LOL. Gotta love it Kay

Donna1391
05-07-2006, 09:50 PM
yes I have in varies wedding shops. It was awsome being able to try on a wedding gown. no problem, was the ultimate gown or dress for us M/F dresser. plus I wore it out for holloween & won many contest donna1391

gender_blender
05-08-2006, 01:24 AM
The vast majority of responses will be positive due to discrimination being illegal and stores need the business.

Yes, I have tried on Wedding Dresses. I just sold most of my massive collection of prom and wedding dresses this past week. I didn't have room for them of other belongings in the move I am preparing for, relocating out of state.

~Charlie

Maryanntv
05-08-2006, 06:19 AM
Karren is right...they are heavy...but nice though :happy:
Being a bridesmaid is fun too though

chantelle
05-08-2006, 06:33 AM
This is the dream of all us girls to have a wedding dress as part of our own
wardrobe. Yet if u were to ask if I have one then I would have to lie. There was this one time when in my distant past that I was married and she had a dress of immense silk and lace. Well it was nice to wear that and have my moment of happyness.

Sigh!
Love
chantelle.:rolleyes:

Dana Jones
05-08-2006, 08:04 AM
I have two wedding gowns and about 10 bridesmaids gowns. I love to match long opera gloves with the dresses. The wedding boutiques have been very helpful and I have done many fitting for the dresses. Its the best. A little more expensive than off the rack but worth it.

susann_gardener
05-08-2006, 08:25 AM
I have tried on several at second hand and consignment shops. :) Wish I had a place to keep one. :(

wendy
05-08-2006, 08:35 AM
emma, good luck with that shop !:D

I've only tried on a wedding dress once, my aunt left her wedding dress at my parents years ago when I still lived there, and I tried it on. It isn't very manuvuerable for sure, and it was a tad small for me so I never zipped up the zipper in the back, but it felt nice for sure !:D

Gurly
05-08-2006, 08:52 AM
My wife is slightly taller than me and I have a slender build, so her wedding dress was a perfect fit, with breathing room to spare. Yes, girls, they ARE heavy but there is NOTHING like wearing a wedding dress.

Tiffany Anne 9954
05-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Ever since I started crossdressing my most ultimate goal was to acquire a wedding gown and that happened in 1997 with the help of a cd friend I knew.
This friend knew the owner of a small ladies boutique that had a bridal department in it.
I bought a veil, petticoat and a silk flower bouquet to go along with the wedding gown. I felt like a kid in the candy store:happy: .
My second wedding gown (new avatar pic) was bought last year with the help of a gg friend i got to know where I live here. she is understanding of my dressing and has seen me in different outfits.
This second wedding gown was bought at a co-signment store which she knew the owner (she bought a lot of clothing there herself).

My wedding gowns are worn more than they're intended to be worn. I just love the feel of that satin on my body.

Don't be surprised if I plan to get another wedding gown in the future. I've seen a couple of cd's on the net who has a CLOSET full of wedding gowns.

I ENVY them

Kristen Kelly
05-09-2006, 05:43 AM
my ex gf was friends with a dress designer and when we went to pick up one of her costumes saw this wedding dress convinced her to borrow it.

mary20603
05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
A few years back I got to house sit at my sister in laws and since she is the same size a me in just about everything I manged to wear her wedding gown and all the trimmings for a lovely afternoon of wedded bliss. I also wore my wifes wedding dress once but that was when I was much thinner. compared to the two my sister in laws was much lighter and felt more feminine However a day in a dress is better then a no dress day :happy:

Pink Satin Sissy
05-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I have one and it is the ultimate form of femminine expression.

I only wear it on special occasions.

Pink