PDA

View Full Version : The only way I will go see the Dentist....as Michelle!

Michelle2008
05-08-2006, 03:15 AM
Hi Girls!

This is my first thread so please bear with me. I am SOOOOOOO excited for my dentist appt. that I have this coming Thursday...May 11th. I haven't been to a dentist in about 10 yrs. and think I really need to go. Talking to a friend who is very supportive of Michelle, I said I would only if I could walk in and make all appts. for Michelle and not my male self. I was kinda joking and half being serious when I said this. My friend said...well, do it. I looked at her and paused and finally said...yeah, why not! So I did....

Alittle background on me....I have been CDing all my life but only have been going out in public enfemme since last October. So this is real big step for me. I go to a local salon as Michelle all the time for waxing, facials, and other spa services. In the same building is this professional dental office. I decided to contact them via email....b/c I have a stuttering impediment....explained who I was and what I wanted to do. Long story short, they couldn't of been nicer! Evidently I am not their first CD to ask this. They told me that their only concern is getting me back to regular dental hygiene care/regimen. And however I dress or act as long as it is appropiate and I pay my bill is perfectly acceptable...that I can be me, the real me. YAY!!!!!!!

I still have my anxiety about the actual dental procedure/cleaning and the initial exam and x-rays but I am so excited to have another place I can go as Michelle. Thanks for listening to me ramble on. I'll give you girls a full report of my appt. if you want. And yes, my complete outfit is already all laid out ready for me to wear it. YAY!!!!!!!!!

Any girls out there have similiar stories or am I just a nut for doing this? hahaha.

Take Care,
Michelle

Melora
05-08-2006, 05:06 AM
You go girlll! And dont forget to brush your teeth!:happy: HeHe

Phyliss
05-08-2006, 05:17 AM
Even though it happens quite often to me, I am still amazed when it does.

Turns out I have a dental appt this morning for some oral surgery. I hate to admit it but my dental habits leave much to be desired. As a result, I'll be having what's left removed and a full set of uppers and lowers installed.

This is one of the reasons why I haven't put up any pictures of myself. My smile would scare horses and young children, to say nothing of how proper ladies would react.

Knowing that those people who know me will realize I've got a set of "falsies" I decided to get the whitest of the white color they have.

Also knowing I'm a wimp when it comes to any type of pain I'll most likely be as "drugged up" as legally possible for a day or two.

And,......yes I'm scared silly. I'll most likely wet my panties when I see the needle.
So why am I doing this? The things we do for good looks. If I want to look nice, one of the main things is a nice smile. If I have a nice smile but some horrible snaggle toothed look then all the good facial movements are for nothing.

Robertacd
05-08-2006, 08:32 AM
I would recomend a dentist that advertises as "pain free". I go to one and they seen to really go out of their way to insure the patients comfort. Including liberal doses of Valum to take before an apointment, and all the gas you can breath. I am sure that if it makes you more comfortable to be dressed then they would acomidate you.

Phyliss
05-08-2006, 07:11 PM
I guess I'm better than I thought I'd be. Aspen Dental, a nationwide chain is where I went. Lots of gas to sniff, then an I.V. , then some novacain, topped of with viocidin for later. Nice new smile, I'm still getting used to it.

Michelle2008
05-09-2006, 02:08 AM
Phyliss,

I am sure you have a beautiful smile. I am going to a place called the "Center For Cosmetic Dentistry" in Middleton WI. Their website is www.thesmileexperts.com if wanna check them out. They seem very open minded and very professional. Also they want their clients to be as comfortable as possible. I wouldn't say I have a bad or ugly smile...its just that when I see a attractive GG, she also has a cute white smile. Thats what I want. As you said Phyliss..."The things we do for good looks." And I will be like you, scared silly.
But being dressed and using some gas to calm my nerves, I am hoping I will fine. Thanks for all who responded and all who read my thread. I plan on giving a full report of my day.

Take Care,
Michelle

uknowhoo
05-09-2006, 03:00 AM
That is sooo cool, Michelle. Good luck with your dental work, and let us know how it all went. xoxo Tammi