PDA

View Full Version : House sitting

Jill
05-08-2006, 02:32 PM
So my parents are leaving town for a few days and their house is just across town. Because I have room mates, this has turned into an excellent opportunity to do a little house sitting where I can go dress up and stay that way for a long time. A long time to me is anything more then 6 hours and I will certainly get a chance to do that. Anyone else use house sitting as a reason to dress?

linnea
05-08-2006, 03:18 PM
While was still in college but at home during a break, I house-sat for my parents who left for five days. Unfortunately for me, I didn't have much in the way of a wardrobe. If I had the opportunity today, I would be able to use it much more beneficially. However, my parents' five-day trip turned out to be four days because of some work-related problem. Consequently, they returned a day early and I was wearing make-up. I had a few of my mom's clothes out too. I heard them pull into the driveway, went into panic-mode, grabbed every bit of evidence of my dressing that I could see, raced for the bathroom, locked the door and turned on the shower. Then I remove the make-up, stashed the clothes temporarily in a clothes hamper, took a shower, and emerged with a surprised look on my face and the comment, "Oh, wow, you're back! You must have come in when I was in the shower. What happened. I didn't expect you until Thursday."
Other than that close-call, I enjoyed my stay and learned that I would need an "escape" plan for future opportunities.
I hope that your house-sitting works out really well. Good luck.

Marissa_CD
05-08-2006, 07:18 PM
I used to house sit for my aunt who has an incredible wardrobe. I wore all kinds of her stuff and my own with complete freedom. The best was going to bed and waking up dressed then taking a shower and doing it all over again with no drab in between. Have fun and do it all Jill.

Marissa,

Laurie Ann
05-08-2006, 08:42 PM
I say go for it and have a wonderful time.

sierracd6
05-08-2006, 09:02 PM
I would if I could. I am jealouse...........do it to it and have fun

Karren H
05-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Pajama party at Jill's parents house.....pass it on!!! hehehe

Lucky girl!!

Love Karren

Barb Valentine
05-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Why not
Have some fun