PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure my waiter was a FTM

CharleneCD
05-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Bunny and I went out to dinner tonight at a new place and had a waiter that we are almost positive was a transitioning MTF TS. When it comes down to it I have to say he passes very well. But being part of the community, there were too many signs that we couldn't miss and when put all together just screamed FTM CD. The first was voice. Even with hormones (we coulkd tell because of the scragly facial hair) the voice was too high. Second was size. He was just a tiny petite dude. ( It begs the question why do some of us MTF's have to be so damned tall? LOL) The biggie though was mannerisms and hand and arm movements. Some pointers for you guys to avoid his mistakes: 1. Men do not put their hands on their hips with fingers pointing down, and for god sakes dont tilt your hip at the same time. To do it properly the thumb goes to the back with all fingers pointing forward. 2. Keep head movements to a minimum, no dippy head shake, as my wife calls it. 3. Flowing arm movements are a no no. Guys arm and hand gestures tend to short, fast, choppy movements. If both arms are being used they are typicaly doing the same thing, not separate motions.

Overall though we were both impressed by how he was doing. If we werent members of the Tg community we would have probobly just raised our eyebrows for a moment and then never gave him a second thought.

CaptLex
05-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Some pointers for you guys to avoid his mistakes: 1. Men do not put their hands on their hips with fingers pointing down, and for god sakes dont tilt your hip at the same time. To do it properly the thumb goes to the back with all fingers pointing forward. 2. Keep head movements to a minimum, no dippy head shake, as my wife calls it. 3. Flowing arm movements are a no no. Guys arm and hand gestures tend to short, fast, choppy movements. If both arms are being used they are typicaly doing the same thing, not separate motions.
Thanks for the pointers, Charlene. I especially have to remember the first one. Good looking out! :thumbsup: