PDA

View Full Version : Sign Me Up For A Lifetime Of This

Dana
05-08-2006, 09:03 PM
In Marine bootcamp, everynight, before we hit the rack, we were required to bang our fist against our chests, and shout ~ "Uug! Uug! We love the Corps! We love the Corps ~ ship me out for forty more!"

Looking back on it ~ it was a lot of things. Certainly psycholgical condintioning ~ and VERY much instituitioalizing. (I can tell you ALL YOU want to know about being institionalizred)

Thing is? I'm a CD? I played sports ~ big time! I've walked the walk, I can talk the talk. If you meet me on the street ~ you wouldn't think I'm anything BUT a straight Hetrosexual male.

I've hurt people playing "sports" (in high school and in the Marines) just to prove, earn, and validate my masculinity. "Over-compensation?"

Truth is? It drives me crazy to walk through the women's section of JC Penny's?

Truth is? I like and love a lot of the same things women do ~ gardening~dancing~fashion, home improvement, interior decorating if you were. Yet this all make me LESS than a man? Less than a person?

susandrea
05-08-2006, 09:08 PM
You know what they say, "Less is more"! :D

:hugs: Embrace your gift!

Faye Emmette
05-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Who gives a flying duck if you're "less of a man". You are most certainly more of a person than the monotonous straight lined individual you were.
Enjoy the life you live and forget about if you have to prove that you're a man.
When you come to terms with who you are and embrace it, you'll be happier for it.
Cheers,
Faye.

sierracd6
05-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Yes , overcompinsation....and also, Semper Fi, We are who we are....do what the hell you want to....most men who overcompinsate over homosexuality, are just running away from wahat they are. And if it is just bisexuality, then there is always the female to go back to....

ShortSkirt
05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't think anything of what you've listed should make any male "less a man". Less macho maybe, but that would be a good thing anyway:p .

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with any man with "taste", in any area, and I think we could ask the GG's how they all like the "sensitive" man vs the "macho" man. In my experience, women prefer a complete person over just a macho guy that doesn't appear to have much "depth".

Kate Simmons
05-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Not at all Dana, It makes you more of a man, more of a woman and more of an overall person. That's my philosophy. Ericka Kay

Scotty
05-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Been there and done that, NO is the simple answer to your question.

I did struggle with that though.

There's a TG on another site that was a GI not too long back, now you look at her and you'd NEVER know :)

Dee 1062
05-08-2006, 10:34 PM
I was a Marine way back...I hated it...They were so mean, I wish I went in to the Army....Or just been born a GG...+?

Jodie_Lynn
05-08-2006, 10:50 PM
"Over compensation" is a common element in the pyschological mix of the transgendered.

I should know, since I have also done the same. The profession I chose out of HS was Police Officer in NYC. Did it for 10 years and made sergeants stripes before my wife made me realize I wasn't who I was anymore. I was more cynical, distrustful, and almost down right prejudiced. I left the job, worked at various things until my brother-in-law got me a gig at his company. Electrical construction! (At this point, I could be TWO of the Village people! :D ). Hanging with the 'tough guys' drinking half my pay, and secretly, out of the corner of my eye, window shopping in ladies clothing stores.

You are who you are. I feel that my female traits and tendencies, combined with my male ones, adds up to more than the sum of my parts. I can look at a situation from several angles and perspectives, and am not afraid to be me.

TGMarla
05-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Yet this all make me LESS than a man? Less than a person?Nope. You've been given the gift of well-roundedness. You have been awarded the ability to see the yin as well as the yang. For this, we should actually be grateful. You can be the best man there is, yet still appreciate the feminine. How rare and wonderful!

bulmabriefs144
05-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Truth is? I like and love a lot of the same things women do ~ gardening~dancing~fashion, home improvement, interior decorating if you were. Yet this all make me LESS than a man? Less than a person?

Nope it makes you more. As my psychologist (also my employer and currently my only friend) said developing both sides of the person is what makes you whole. Otherwise, you're just suppressing yourself in order to accept what you've been fed. She said, more or less.

Billijo49504
05-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Dana, I work in a car factory and sometimes pack a pistol. Nascar t shirts and all that stuff. And over the weekend, I had a pistol in my skirt pocket.<G>
So It really doesn't matter what you show to the outside world, It's what you got inside that counts. Oh, I dids 10 months in Viet Nam as a sniper. In the Army. So all I can say is OO RAA,ooraa!!!BJ

LucyTwitch
05-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Hi

Me to have been in the military (may even have a picture of me standing out side Buckingham Palce in London) Well that was a few years ago and I was young. Also supose still trying to be a Man at that time of my life. From what I can remember is I realy hated it (apart from being out in the filed). Now thow I am becoming more of a person every day just by accepting the real me inside.

eleventhdr
05-09-2006, 01:25 AM
As I have said before i was onc e in a military school some three decades or so ago.

It was god awful all male right at the very time in your life when you just wnat to be with Girls and involed with them dating and what all

Thinking back on it this was in the early 70's and it finally came to me that the bigggest fear back then was perhaps being found out that you might be gay or something in an all male school i do guess that was a big deal back then.

Me i was never that not that it would have mattered to me at all if one was.

I did not really know to very much at all about being tg or crossdresseing back then save that it was something males did for show or something like drag stuff.

To have been a crossdresser might have been a real blessing at the time but i did not know to very much about it at all

Oh well

I do kind of now think and feel that i wish i had known about it back then.

Being locked away in that place for two years was the worse
I wish to hell it had never happened it very problay will be with me the rest of this lifetime.

I never want to be in or near any stuff like that again but once again a few years back i was at a place that remined me of that time oh well i guess you can never escape the worse stuff that ever happens to you but maybe you can find some kind of ground where ypu can try to live with it or something. just maybe.

thsi si why i sometimes even now wish so strongely that i had been born female and been with real gg's all of my life this kind of stuff might not ever have happened with them at all!.

Jay Suzy!:

LucyTwitch
05-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Hi
Eleventhdr

I may be simple asking this, what dose GG mean?

Caitlintgsd
05-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Hi
Eleventhdr

I may be simple asking this, what dose GG mean?

Genetic Girl.

ronda
05-09-2006, 04:24 AM
i like you am a man that people say he is all man but iam what iam and i love being me iam more of a person then a lot of the a**holes that are all man i can help my wife i can do her shopping for her when she is not well i can sit and talk and hear what she is saying help her pick out her clothing for the day and if all that love for her makes me less of a man then i guess i well have to be a better man in a dress 0.02 :D :happy:

kittypw GG
05-09-2006, 04:26 AM
I don't think anything of what you've listed should make any male "less a man". Less macho maybe, but that would be a good thing anyway:p .

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with any man with "taste", in any area, and I think we could ask the GG's how they all like the "sensitive" man vs the "macho" man. In my experience, women prefer a complete person over just a macho guy that doesn't appear to have much "depth".

Dana,
Put me in the sensitive man corner anyday. Less of a man. Hell I think that all of the things you have listed an interest in makes you more of a man. A well balanced man. As far as the crossdressing goes, if you apply that balance to it then that makes you quite a catch. Just my opinion. Kitty

Delila
05-09-2006, 04:43 AM
If you really think that it makes you less of a man I would have to say that it makes you a bigger person. Being more sensitive to both sexes means you have a larger understanding of what it is to be alive, every man wishes that they could understand women better you just have a better perspective.

kathy gg
05-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Most women who have some level of intelligence, personality, and depth of character do like men who have varied interest in everything from cooking to gardening to music or art.

I think all the things you listed which you enjoy are probably not for every woman, but there sure are enough women out there that apprecaite a man who likes the things you do and would never look at you as 'less than a man" at all. The cd stuff does add a different deminsion, but I think your location has alot to do with what you have written. I know you have said you live in redneck country and I know how that goes. Too bad you can't move to a more progressive area where your interests and skills would be as asset to the single females!

Shiny
05-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Speaking as an ex-marine, and our motto was "UUURRRAAAHHH! KILL, KILL, KILL, Hell, Death & Destruction!Yes that is called programming and/or desensitization to the nature of our chosen jobs of the time. I remember being on the closed combat course (This was the early 70's during the original 200 year training before marines got "sensitive") and learning knife "Kill" techniques. It was that very day I knew I didn't sign up for the Boy Scouts!!

Anyhow, there are more "misplaced" young men in the Marines than in any other branch of the US armed forces because as youths we have to prove as boys/men how "macho" and "tough" we are to get around or to displace or to push back the feelings we have as being totally screwed up by being CD's! The "I'll show 'em" mentality works just about as long as it takes the ink to dry on the enlistment papers!! And folks, don't blow me off on this one because I have been there and done that! And that's the way it is as unfortunate as it is!

And after the dust settled and I "Got short" and finally got out I realized I was still the same great person I always was. A man with a difference who can out cook, out fashion coordinate and out decorate most women! It's a bit funny but it demonstrates we are, who we are!

Jennaie
05-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Besides, name one weekend out of the year that JC Pennys is not having a sale!

Womanatheart1
05-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Shiny,
Below are some comments not judgements:
1. "That is called programming"? Really, wasnt it really value orientation and needed self and group confidence? Besides - isnt that what warriors are all about - go, go, go! I couldnt imagine an army saying anything less than they are the best. If there is some country better, then they need to find another job.
2. "more misplaced young men"; I dont know about the most "misplaced" but I know there is not a finer bunch to win wars with! Every country needs this kind of warriors to keep us safe and free.
3. This macho thing is not just the Marines - it's everywhere. The male role model: kid baseball glove, kid football, cow boy boots, boys dont sing in choir, or go to tap class.
4. "works just as long as it takes the ink to dry": Really, in some fashion or another - it has stayed with you. Shiny, I am sure there is satisfaction and pride in what you've accomplished.
5. "Same Great person"; of course! You never lost it. I believe you were actually better because of the experience.
Love Stephanie