PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts Of A Dangerous Mind

Nikki A.
11-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Not my original title but pick out what you want to comment on.
First of all cheers to Julie for letting us in on what you are going through and on your bravery, candor and openness of your decisions. I hope that you and Jackie find a way to keep your relationship together and that you find the happiness that you seek.
Secondly, are there any people that you relate to or admire either real or fictional in the stand that they take or the way they live their life.
Also I want to thank you all. You are really beautiful people and I wish that we could all get together and really be ourselves and have a good time. I have learned alot on this site and have become very comfortable and open about my desires and wants since joining.
I don't want to get commercial but if you are looking for a car, I'm a Ford, Mercury, Lincoln and Jeep salesman new and used and if I can help please do not hesitate to leave me a message so that I can help.
Be yourself and don't worry what the world thinks. On this site we are all friends searching for the truth in ourselves.

Julie
11-13-2004, 07:45 AM
See the thread: Stop the CD Carpetbaggers.

Wendy me
11-13-2004, 12:14 PM
dose the car come with a cder??????never mind

Stephanie Brooks
11-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi Searching and Julie J!

Julie, I saw your response to Searching. I understand the context in which you made your response. However, I also noticed that Searching had made MANY posts. I decided to see what she'd posted. I wanted to understand the context in which she made her post.

I went to her profile page and checked out her posts. Quickly scanning the most recent posts, here's what I found:

She's been here for awhile.

She's posted here for awhile.

She's a crossdresser.

She isn't trolling for business.

She's found a comfortable place to be.

My guess is that she doesn't need our business. At least in the US, car dealers work locally, internet business notwithstanding. Typically, in the US, car dealers survive on service versus sales; getting a seller even as far as 200 miles (320km) away probably isn't a major goal, as the buyer probably would want/need the car serviced closer to home.

My guess is also that her post represented her way of saying, "I like being here on this forum. I sell things that most people buy, namely cars. I'd like to support this community somehow. If I can make the transgendered person's life a little better by improving their car buying experience, then I'd like that!"

I've no problem driving the spammers away. We need, however, to make sure we're not hurting our own sisters and brothers.

Just a thought.

Hugs, Searching. Hugs, Julie J.

Nikki A.
11-14-2004, 12:53 AM
Thanks Fractgrrl, I was by no means trolling for business and I'm sorry it was taken in that context. Julie, I really do respect what you are going through and I really do enjoy chatting with all of you.

Rachel Ann
11-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Stephanie, my big floppy hat is off to you (as soon as I can get those ribbons undone) for doing all that legwork! Makes your remarks carry *much* more weight than those of us who just shoot from the hip! (i don't mean you, Julie.)

Wenda
11-14-2004, 01:29 AM
I appreciate where Julie is coming from, but I think the math princess, Steph, has it summed up. I took it as an open gesture of goodwill...it did get me thinking however, how would we go about starting a CD convention, congress, get-together, whatever we call it. I am thinking core event three days and nights... speakers and seminars: dealing with the issues posted on this forum, dressing, walking, speaking, secrecy, guilt, religion, etc, etc. Try to get some recognized cd's, maybe female impersonators. Workshops on everything. Bring & Buy/flea market/ trade show. It probably exists in San Francisco and Vancouver, but, Moose Jaw, SK is almost in the middle of EVERYWHERE. (I know, Rugby ND is the geographic centre of North America). Anyway, does this sound like a project to anyone? wenda.