PDA

View Full Version : A theory!

chantelle
05-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi all,a thought.The differance between a cd and a transgender is then similar as short and longterm memory.As a cd u dress only for short periods of time.Then u start doing it for longer periods.Slowly the femaleness start to be more normal.It becomes a stronger and norm to be a female,thus in smal degrees it all ads up and we are then transgender.a Very short distance away from srs.What do u think?

TGMarla
05-09-2006, 07:34 AM
I'll agree on the part where the "female-ness" gets normal. I am transgendered. But a few years ago, and for many years prior to that, I was closer to SRS, or to transitioning, than I am today, or will ever be again. So no, it doesn't hold up. I think "transgendered" is a physio-mental condition. I think crossdressing is just that, wearing the clothes. One can be either or both. I'm both, but I'm not ever going to transition.

Ellaine
05-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Like a dog is a horse with sharp teeth! lol

Joy Carter
05-09-2006, 07:38 AM
If it were possible to transition this late in my life I would but no I'm quite happy to be transgendered thank you! :D

Kate Simmons
05-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Depends on your outlook. I need both parts of myself. Kay

Karren H
05-09-2006, 11:02 AM
I think were all transgendered to one degree or another and the length of time we remain enfemme really has more to do with our personal situations than anything else, in my opinion. And SRS isn't necessarily the ultimate goal at the end of the hunt for everyone either. Your theory sounds good and simple but I fear that in reality it is way more complicated and varried than can be postulated in one or even multiple equations. Not enough equations, too many variables and no constants to solve this multidimensional-quadradic equation! Hehehe

Love Karren

EricaCD
05-09-2006, 11:12 AM
The more I am able to dress, the more I enjoy being able to switch back to male mode. Sorry!

Erica

Shelly Preston
05-09-2006, 11:30 AM
I have Recently been able to dress more.
Yes I do enjoy it and it is becoming normal, but srs no way I am happy with who I am. Just not too happy with narrow minded society.

Teresa Amina
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Seems to me that the main difference between CD and TG is motive. A CDer often is just escaping for a time from their normal life and it's expectations. The TG individual is seeking an expression of their Inner Self through dressing in tune with their feminine core. When I first came to this forum I hadn't examined myself in this way and thought a CD was a CD. Now I know I'm on the TG side of the divide. The continuum from TG to TS is perhaps a matter of degree, the TG who can accomodate her expression within an outwardly "normal" life at one end with the TS who must avail herself of hormonal and surgical means to bring the outward appearance in line with the Inner Self at the other.

Tracy_Victoria
05-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Sorry chantelle

But that not the case with me either, I love my male life and i have no desire at all to dress 24/7 or change sex. Also when I lived alone before meeting my SO my dressing was a very small part of my life which I did when I wanted, but even then my dressing seesion would last no more than a few hours, maybe more on occation, but alway enjoy changing back as much as the transformation it's self.

Tracy

chantelle
05-10-2006, 07:11 AM
I agree with all of u.Yet cd and tg is two different sets like short and long term memory.Yet i think that cd becomes tg after x amount of time just like memory.Or to put it differently some cds are tg just not admitting it?

Eugenie
05-10-2006, 08:56 AM
When I first came to this forum I hadn't examined myself in this way and thought a CD was a CD. Now I know I'm on the TG side of the divide.
Feeling pretty much like you Teresa,

I realized rather lately that TG side of myself, eventhough I have been x-dressing for more than 45 years (I'm going on 60). I had already moved from a sexual fantazy oriented x-dressing to a more "living en femme" type of x-dressing, that is spending as much time fully dressed as my family life let me do. But reading other CD stories it became evident to me that there was far more to my feminisation than just wearing women clothes.

So now I consider myself TG and trying to spend as much of my life "en femme", even when I'm not dressed as one. Being TG is primarily in the head and dressing with women clothes is one way of achieving that goal, but not the only one.

Love.

Eugenie

Teresa Amina
05-10-2006, 10:10 AM
to put it differently some cds are tg just not admitting it?

I think this gets to the heart of the question, though perhaps it's a matter of realizing it, not admitting it. From my perspective realization almost demands action and change in ones' life, while by not realizing it that "normal" life isn't as much disturbed.

Phoebe Reece
05-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Chantelle,

I just can't buy the concept that transgender is like memory. The evidence does not show that we are all on any kind of natural progression that starts with crossdressing and ends up with SRS. What you suggest is a lot like suggesting that it would be a natural progression for anyone who is heterosexual to become bisexual and then to become homosexual.

Many of us are quite satisfied with the amount of crossdressing we do and have no need to consider transition. I have a great deal more opportunities to dress and go out enfemme than I actually take advantage of and I am quite happy with that situation. I enjoy both my masculine and feminine side.

The analogy I relate to more is that it is like colors of the spectrum. Some of us may think at one point in our lives we are one "color" and later find out we are really another. There is no progression there, simply a change in viewpoint.

chantelle
05-11-2006, 05:42 AM
Chantelle,

I just can't buy the concept that transgender is like memory. The evidence does not show that we are all on any kind of natural progression that starts with crossdressing and ends up with SRS. What you suggest is a lot like suggesting that it would be a natural progression for anyone who is heterosexual to become bisexual and then to become homosexual.

Many of us are quite satisfied with the amount of crossdressing we do and have no need to consider transition. I have a great deal more opportunities to dress and go out enfemme than I actually take advantage of and I am quite happy with that situation. I enjoy both my masculine and feminine side.

The analogy I relate to more is that it is like colors of the spectrum. Some of us may think at one point in our lives we are one "color" and later find out we are really another. There is no progression there, simply a change in viewpoint.

I appreciate your concern and just like any other scientist I have just a theory and have just developed it . THere seems to be a lot of mixed emotions about the cd and tg sides of life and the scientists in me alows me to wonder if there is not more to this difference and how we could understand it. Being Tg myself and not cd I have considered the fact that I might be biased towards others that are cd. SO yes I could have a faulty theory , but in order for it to be perfect I would like a lot of feed back from others at the community. Thank you
Love
CHantelle.:)

Casey Morgan
05-11-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but here goes. I don't see this as any kind of a road one travels along and, for one reason or another, stops at a particular point. I really hate to overgeneralize and I'm still trying to gain an understanding of what it's like to be what I'm not. But so far my understanding is this.

Our CDing community is made up of three general groups. You have the non-transgendered, the transgendered who are not transexual, and the transexuals. My understanding of the three groups thus far is as follows. Please correct me where I'm wrong.

The non-transgendered CD (I'm not in this group) is akin to the people who go to the Renaissance Festival in character. They do not believe themselves to be Roger the weaver or Edwina the seamstress, this is who they are when the go to the festival. Likewise non-transgendered CDs do not believe themselves to be Edwina (MTF) or Roger (FTM) but enjoy becoming that person. They can't tell you the underlying "why" any more than the person who goes to the festival can tell you why. But they can tell you what they get out of it and why they enjoy it.

The transgendered CD who is not a transexual (I'm in this group) is kind of like Roger (Steve Martin) in the movie All Of Me. Except they didn't get hit on the head with the bowl carrying Edwina's soul, they were born with both of them inside. The two have somehow been blended into one.

The transexual (I'm not in this group either) is kind of like they got hit with the bowl at birth and don't "remember" being either beforehand. Things are fine when you say "people are like this". It's when you say "men are like this and women are like that" that they say "not me". They're like (more like?) what society says the gender opposite their birth sex is like.

Again, my deepest apologies if I've offended anyone. Even in the same group you can only make sweeping generalizations. Please tell me where I'm wrong so I can try to understand. As I suspect is true of most people, I only truly know what like is like on this side of my skin and can only make educated guesses about what like is like on the other side of someone else's skin.

btmgrl6
05-11-2006, 11:07 AM
I think that if a person goes moves from crosssdresser to transgendered it was pre-disposed to begin with. I don't think you'll find many str8 cd's suddenly find that they want to switch or add to their sexual preference. it could happen, but I think that this is the exception and not the rule.

Steph

Rachel Newark
05-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Old Joke

the difference between a Transgender and a Transvestite???

A Transgender comes through her front door, kicks off her heels and sighs with relief.

A Transvestite wears them to bed.....

Sowwy !:happy:

Rachel Newark

chantelle
05-14-2006, 03:46 AM
Old Joke

the difference between a Transgender and a Transvestite???

A Transgender comes through her front door, kicks off her heels and sighs with relief.

A Transvestite wears them to bed.....

Sowwy !:happy:

Rachel Newark
This so true.Thank u, the theory now has a life of its own!

Deanna2
05-14-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm just a bloke who loves to wear a cami, skirt and heels when I can. No gender or identity issues involved.