PDA

View Full Version : Facial hair

TGMarla
05-09-2006, 07:52 AM
I'll keep telling myself that I do this to myself! I'm going to be in a theatrical presentation soon, and I'm growing full facial hair for it. This will last until the third week of June! Yuck! I'm not fond of facial hair. But I'm doing this voluntarily. For a month and a half, I'm going to be the bearded lady!

I'll bet there are a lot of you here who have facial hair. I wore a moustache for nearly 20 years. I think I wore it partly to cover up my crossdressing. I subconciously figured, no one would suspect a guy with a moustache to enjoy running around in dresses and high heels. (Wrong!) It certainly contributed to my staying in the closet. Anyway, I'm thinking I wasn't so unique, and that a lot of you are the same way.

So, I've put away the razor until late June. When the show's over, I'm having a shaving party! Until then, I'm just going to put up with it!

Eileen
05-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Marla I am not sure I could to what you are doing. If I can not shave I am a very unhappy girl. Next time get a part where you can be a girl!!

Eileen

Nikki Dee
05-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Very best of luck Marla...I simply couldn't do what you are going to do.!!!..I hated body/facial hair as a guy...couldn't possibly tolerate as a TG.
Love Nikki. x

Breanne
05-09-2006, 08:46 AM
For a month and a half, I'm going to be the bearded lady!

Will we get a picture of this bearded lady?

Karren H
05-09-2006, 08:54 AM
WOW. That's a long time!! Be sure to take some photos all dressed to the nines with a beard. Some Bearded Lady pics would be a cool addition to anyones photo collection. LOL.

Love Karren

Casey Morgan
05-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Ah, the sacrifices we make for the craft. (Like I've done anything since high school.) Maybe I'm just being dense but I'm not quite sure what it is that you keep doing to yourself. Taking roles that "require" you to grow facial hair, or growing facial hair to, how shall I say it, "conflict" with your transgendered crossdressing self?

To the first I'd say that's one of the sacrifices you choose to make for the role. Better than spending hours in a makeup trailer geting all kinds of prosthetics applied. To the second I'd say just ride it out. Conflict is simply a part of the natural process of self acceptance. Goodness knows I'm nowhere near where I want to be on that road, and I've got conflicts aplenty.

Break a leg, and let us know how it goes.

EricaCD
05-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Look on the bright side. Your face will be so smooth and soft when you do get to shave! That'll be one of your best dressing days ever!

Erica

jo_ann
05-09-2006, 08:13 PM
my wife hates that i never grow facial hair (tried it once, and couldn't stand being masculine, or the fact that I was constantly itching it).

Katrina
05-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Facial hair!?!??? Yucky! I would be fine if I never had to shave my face again...Marla, you truly are an artist to suffer for your art like that! Kudos to you.

uknowhoo
05-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Well, I hope you enjoy the production, and that it's worth it for you. What show is it anyway?

I admit that I wear facial hair sometimes. I just despise shaving my face, and sa such tend to blow it off sometimes. I've been working on a goatee for 4-5 days. It'll prob be gone in a few more days.

Tammi (the occasionally partially bearded CD):p

TGMarla
05-09-2006, 11:29 PM
It's as Shari_Ann (what's with the underscore, g'friend?) said, a sacrifice for the craft. As there are likely more than a few on this forum from my town who could easily out me, I'd like to keep the details private, please. Thank you. But I'll say that I love acting. It's truly one of the arts, when done correctly. My character is a lowly british sideshow bum, uncouth, and unclean. I'm betting he has fleas. I really love doing characters like this. I've played the good guy and the bad guy before. The bad guy is more fun! But the character calls for a scraggly unkempt and foul man. I am the chameleon. I will do what is necessary to fill the role to the best of my ability. And that means facial hair for a while. :Angry3:

And Karren and Breanne....I doubt seriously that I'm going to post any pics of this abomination. After all, we wouldn't want to erode my carefully constructed facade of ravishing feminine beauty, now would we? And Erica, I'm already looking forward to the day..... :D Thank you, ladies, for all the support. I'll try to break a leg.

Kate Simmons
05-10-2006, 04:23 AM
The nice thing about being who we are is that we always have a choice. Sometimes we need facial hair( or just be in guy mode) for awhile just to appreciate the woman we are inside. Last year, I had a full beard for about a month and while I received a lot of compliments as Richard, I looked in the mirror and said:"Nah!" As Erica said, when I shaved it , it made me appreciate my feminine self that much more. It's good to take a "vacation" once in a while and gives (me at least) some perspective. I just wanted to say that I appreciate my sisters no matter what they choose to look like and would probably be friends regardless. The person inside is the one who expresses feelings on the forum and that's not too shabby. Ericka Kay

Angela Burke
05-10-2006, 04:54 AM
Marla,
Please post a pic of you as "The Bearded Lady".
I'm sure it would be a blast!

Tina Dixon
05-10-2006, 05:24 AM
Oh lets see some pictures all dressed with a beard:D

TGMarla
05-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Hmmmm....money needs to change hands......! :D I'm already getting scruffy and scroungy. Ewww....I hate it! The things I do to further my craft! Oh, well. It's only temporary. And I think my wife likes it. But that shaving party Erica mentioned will be very nice. I won't be able to be rid of this until sometime around June 25th! Deep breaths, deeeeep breaths.....

Sharon
05-10-2006, 07:52 AM
I can't help but imagine the photos I have seen of you in your pretty dresses, only with facial hair instead of the face I'm used to seeing. Very-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y disturbing!! :eek:

Kate Simmons
05-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Yeah Sharon, I have to admit that would be quite a shocker. Could you imagine an entire sub-culture like that? Gotta love it! Ericka

Bonnie D
05-10-2006, 08:01 AM
I think you are right Marla about growing facial hair to help hide who you really are. I grew a moustache as soon as I could grow one and then never shaved it off. I just kept it nicely trimmed. My wife really liked my moustache both because how it looked on me and also how it felt when we kissed. However, I shaved it off when I turned 40, she was not too pleased so I grew it back. After I turned 50 I shaved it again, I feel much better without it, she's still not happy that I did it again. She's quite sure I won't be growing it back and she's right.

Bonnie

Melora
05-13-2006, 07:06 AM
Dear Marla;
You are trully a real GEM!
Please ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR HEART! You GO Girlll., BUT PLEASE SHAVE IT OFF SOON PLEASE!!!:happy:
Love Melora!

uknowhoo
05-13-2006, 08:09 AM
I can't help but imagine the photos I have seen of you in your pretty dresses, only with facial hair instead of the face I'm used to seeing. Very-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y disturbing!! :eek:

Perhaps with the right shade of lipstick?

Hmmmm, perhaps not.

TGMarla
05-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Ewwww! What shade goes with salt and pepper?

Scotty
05-13-2006, 09:19 AM
I couldn't do it!!! More power to you!1

I'm actually thinking about getting the hair removal done on my face, cheaper than blades in the long run!!! (Have you noticed the price of Mach3 Turbo's doubled this past year!?).....

TGMarla
05-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Grrrrr! Don't get me started......Damn! You got me started! Triple and quadruple blades are such a ripoff! They sell you on the idea that one blade pulls the whisker out from the skin so the next one and the next one can cut it below the skin surface.....what a bunch of hooey! Try this: shave, and put some skin lotion on your face. Pull the razor across your face. Now look at the razor, and you'll see which of the blades actually made any contact with your skin. It's really only one of them! They only put those other blades there so they can charge you more for the cartridges. Yes, yes, I know....it really does give a better, more comfortable shave...! But the price! The price! It's ridiculous! Two blades, then three, then four....now five with an additional blade on the other side....SCREAM! And it's nigh on impossible to get twin blade razors anymore, due to the collusion of the razor-blade manufacturers, who want you to buy the more expensive cartridges.

Oh, and now they're battery powered! AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!

Geez, I'm getting furry!

Jennaie
05-13-2006, 10:01 AM
I think your doing it because you secretly want to be a man. :shh: :silly: