PDA

View Full Version : Is there a technique for walking in high heels?

MistyCD
11-13-2004, 07:45 AM
Hi girls, I have a question about how to walk in high heels? Is there a proper way? I see lots of women wearing them, and they look so easy to wear and they don't look like they have any problems wearing heels. maybe those girls who have supportive GF or Wives can ask them, is the a technique that us men don't know?

thanks......luv Misty :D

Julie
11-13-2004, 07:54 AM
Quite simply Misty it's a case of wearing the heels and practicing, like everything in life that's alien to us we have to practice until it comes right. By the way observe GG's and you'll see the teqnique they use.

babe4life
11-13-2004, 08:16 AM
It is also more walking on the ball of the foot rather than the heel like most guys do. Do that with a nice heel and you are almost guaranteed of one damaged shoe and one damaged ankle ;)

Love,
Vicky

DebbiAnne
11-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi girls, I have a question about how to walk in high heels? Is there a proper way? I see lots of women wearing them, and they look so easy to wear and they don't look like they have any problems wearing heels. maybe those girls who have supportive GF or Wives can ask them, is the a technique that us men don't know?

thanks......luv Misty :D
I found that when i wear my 3" pumps, it makes me walk feminine. I have flats and some other sandal type shoes but there is something about the way the pump distributes your weight, and gives you have a natural feminine sway!

clarissa3d
11-13-2004, 08:28 AM
humm, I have been walking in heels for many years and have to think about it.

Well I just do it but here are some links that talking about how to:

http://www.candiedginger.net/archives/002024.html
http://netdump.com/users/jenny/wearing.htm
http://www.ehow.com/how_16007_walk-high-heels.html

I hope this helps.

Huggs

Chrissycd
11-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Go to a mall and sit in the food court for an hour. You will see 15 year old girls walking like wounded cattle and 20 year olds walking like runway models. It comes with practice. ;)

Georgette
11-13-2004, 09:32 AM
PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE That's the way I have been doing it and it is getting easier , of course start with a low heel and work your way upI'm up to 4" I started with 2" it gets easier, but watch out when you are in drab it could make people think a negitive thought about I hope I can still switch back to boy walk when I have my western boots or tennys on.
HUGS

Georgette
11-13-2004, 09:33 AM
PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE That's the way I have been doing it and it is getting easier , of course started with a low heel and work your way upI'm up to 4" I started with 2" it gets easier, but watch out when you are in drab it could make people think a negitive thought about I hope I can still switch back to boy walk when I have my western boots or tennys on. :rolleyes: HUGS

Renecd
11-13-2004, 10:46 AM
I have been walking in heels for years but on Halloween for the first time I was out with 5" heels. I learned a new respect that night for anyone that can dance for hours and not feel pain. Gawd did my feet hurt afterwards :eek:

Hugs,
Rene

Jerry
11-13-2004, 10:53 AM
Yikes. I've been doing it for so long, I don't even remember the struggle. Somewhere I remember hearing it helps to keep your arms down a little. Helps with the balance or center of gravity or something.

But when you get it figured out, I love it. Walking in front of the mirror in my 3" heels gives me so much pleasure I can hardly stand it.

Good luck! Jerry

Wendy me
11-13-2004, 11:55 AM
it's realy nouthing to wearing heels(after the first 1000 miles).

Stormgirl
11-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Just takes a bit of practice,I learned myself on 6inch platform shoes,did feel akward at first though.

Tristen Cox
11-13-2004, 02:43 PM
The walk:

I just shake what my mama gave me when I walk, sway and step, sway and step

(Shut up Tristen)

glitzglam
11-13-2004, 02:49 PM
It's all in your BALANCE!
TIP: Walk like your on TIPPY TOES!
Also you might consider a dance class to help smooth out that STRUT!
Don't forget to use your HIPS! (Or pretend to anyway!)
Good-Luck Ladies!
GG

Rachel Ann
11-14-2004, 04:39 AM
Don't forget that heels make your legs look better!

I know how to walk in heels but the prospect of learning how do dance "backwards" just *terrifies* me :eek:

Julie
11-14-2004, 04:49 AM
It's all in your BALANCE! TIP: Walk like your on TIPPY TOES! Also you might consider a dance class to help smooth out that STRUT!
Don't forget to use your HIPS! (Or pretend to anyway!) Good-Luck Ladies!
GG

Welcome Glitz Glam, nice to have you here. Loved your web site by the way. :)

Wendy me
11-14-2004, 09:14 AM
just were heels every chance you get till you feel uncofetable in reg shoes

Natasha Anne
11-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Keep you heel and toes landing at the same time, as opposed to the heel toe method guys use.

It always fascinates me to watch women climbing stairs when they're wearing heels. My natural impulse is to just climb the stairs using the front part of the shoe with the heel haning in space, but GG's put their toes and heel down on the stairs at the same time and climb them that way. It must be great exercise!

MistyCD
11-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Oh good, then I have been walking the correct way.......thanks for all your help

luv Misty :)

DonnaT
11-19-2004, 07:44 PM
I've always done it heel toe, just like any GG. Watch them walk, you'll see.

Felicity
11-20-2004, 12:52 AM
Heel Toe... However, you streach your foot out as you walk so the ball of your foot comes down right after your heel! I also bend my knee a little more in heels. I walk just fine in 5-1/2" heels I have. The are on 1-1/2" platforms. My 7" heels are a bit tricky, and I have to really think. They have a 2-1/2" platform making a 4-1/2" elevation from toe to heel.

rachel_jean
11-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Shorten your stride and take shorter steps and don't 'kick' your feet out in front of you, keep them 'beneath' you. Much better than above you :)

Most of my shoes have 4-5" heels, when I remove them and walk around
w/o shoes, I keep catching my self walking on my toes.

Does anyone catch themselves doing this?

Rachel Jean

samanthajay
11-20-2004, 01:12 AM
i can walk and dance in heels. i guess im just a natural. :D

samanthajay
11-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Shorten your stride and take shorter steps and don't 'kick' your feet out in front of you, keep them 'beneath' you. Much better than above you :)

Most of my shoes have 4-5" heels, when I remove them and walk around
w/o shoes, I keep catching my self walking on my toes.

Does anyone catch themselves doing this?

Rachel Jean
i used to walk on my toes before i ever put on a pair of heels. it must have ment to be. :D

Sharon
11-20-2004, 01:16 AM
I actually seem to walk better in higher heels (4-6 inch) than I do in lower heels. It's probably because I'm concentrating more, placing one foot in front of the other, a little more rhythmic if you will.

samanthajay
11-20-2004, 02:43 AM
she said anal huh huh :D

Donna Louise
11-20-2004, 05:43 AM
Julie M, Thanks for the link.

Ladies, I never really thought about it at first. I do now, but when I started, I just moved from high heeled cowboy boots to 3 inch heels and it felt the same. My favorite are 4 inch heels. I tried 5 inch ones and almost broke my neck in the process.

I watch ggs all the time to see how the act and how they walk. I have studied the way I walk, when the wife is not looking, in front of a large mirror at the end of the hallway. I must say that the whole hip thing has me baffled. Oh I have tried, foot in front of foot and gliding the hips but have not gotten it down yet.

I guess I need to heed that which is said time and time again - PRACTICE, PRACTICE and then more PRACTICE!

I hope everyone has a great day. ;)

Hugs
Donna Louise

hunny2thebee
11-25-2004, 01:59 AM
Lol, if it's any consolation, I have 6" shoes that i can stand in, but nearly break an ankle in if i try to walk. Julie M has the right idea, you walk more on your toes than your heel and your gotta glide with a swing of the hip. Thanks to sneakers and jeans, most gg's cant walk like a lady if their life depended on it, so just keep practicing and start small. Mind you, I doubt I'll ever get the hang of my 6inchers! lol

Georgette
11-25-2004, 09:46 AM
I thought that I would post this here as I want to give a warning to all of you Girls out there I spent about 3 hrs in the urgent care last night as I was showing off to my SO how proficent I was in 3" spikes, had I left it there it would have been fine, but big showoof me I tried to run that was a mistake, I really sprained my ankle, so girls don't try this at home. :rolleyes:
Yeh I'm not getting around too good today and I have to cook yet. All she did was sit there with me with a snicker on her face, as much to say I TOLD YOU SO. :(
Be careful out thereLOL.
HUGS

DonnaT
11-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Sorry for your pain. Also, I guess I can laugh at that, because it doesn't hurt when I laugh.

No CDing for me today either while I cook. Bummer.

stephanie27
11-25-2004, 02:35 PM
I've always done it heel toe, just like any GG. Watch them walk, you'll see.

So true - going to and from work, on the underground, buses, on the street, real girls in their work suits and heels are brilliant to observe how they do it (and have been for years no doubt.).

I've always found heels quite easy, but walking any distance and at a normal speed is different from just wearing them round the house. I've found (in London anyway) the majority of girls do heel-toe, just with a stride length which is quite a lot shorter than the guys. Which means you have to take twice as many steps as you're used to in your male shoes, which means you get twice as much exercise, which keeps you in trim!

All hail the high heel!

;)