PDA

View Full Version : Avon's $5 Manicure

JoAnnDallas
05-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Last night on the local TV News, they were talking about Avon's NEW $5 manicure product. It is a press on, peel off nail polish.

lela
05-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Hi Joann,
I know you love nail polish as much as I do, but how long lasting is this Avon product. Will it hold up to dishwashing, or everyday bathing? Can you use it on your toe nails? How well does it stick to your nails? We've all wished for a product that simple. I still love the smell of nail polish, it's soooo feminine. I think this could be a great product for us girls.
Hugs,
Lela

Sharon
05-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Here's a link to the product:

http://shop.avon.com/avonshop/default.asp?pdept_id=&dept_id=79&department=fastfind&src_page=dept.asp

In an instant, experience a revolution at your fingertips - nail color that goes on dry. No streaks. No waiting. Strips of real nail enamel, combined with base & top coat that go on dry. The set includes 16 dry nail strips, good for one manicure. Can be applied on acrylic nails - and, it’s waterproof. Remove as usual with nail enamel remover. Instant Manicure gives you 14 days of shiny color and a perfect finish every time!

• Applies in minutes; removes in a snap with nail enamel remover.
• More chip-resistant than liquid nail enamel.
• Color that lasts up to 14 days.

Billijo49504
05-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi and thanks for the tip. Pun intended.:happy: Do you have a link to this product. Any idea how they would fit? This sounds like the product for us part timers...BJ
ps. Sharon, I think you were reading my mind. What little there is.

Sedona
05-09-2006, 10:34 AM
I haven't used the product. But, my gf, who knows a thing or two about fashion, tried these recently, and vouches for them wholeheartedly.

jo_ann
05-09-2006, 08:11 PM
keep in mind, these aren't nails.. they're merly dry paint enamel strips (which means you'd have to already have long nails). This reminds me of the gold flake application from 30 years ago (lost art) where you stick a piece of flake to a surface, and brush off the excess. Not a bad idea, wonder how it compares to the good old fashioned nail polish bottle. All I know is that when my wife gets her nails done, her nail is so flawlessly smooth that when he applies the coat of enamel, I tell her everytime "dam those look good, it's so shiny it looks like a brand new car coming off the showroom floor"

CharlaineCadence
05-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Ok girls i have to say i love them. I got my sample pack of them today and plan on ordering a few sets. easy to put on and most of all they last
thouh they will ship if to break i nail. or do something stupid like me and go rummagning in a tool box for a tool to fix my make up mirror. Though i wish they had more colours.

kiss kiss
char