PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for a successful shopping trip?

Gemma Rhodes
05-09-2006, 09:38 AM
As you may know I am planning a shopping trip with Bev soon. I know Bev will look after me but I just wondered if any of you have any good tips for me so I can really enjoy my first High Street shopping experience.

I think that I dress my age (I don't do tarty) and will do my make up accordingly but I am under no illusions that I will pass and I'm expecting to be read at sometime but hopefully it will be no more than a couple of double takes like when I went to Sainsburys recently.

So, can any of you give me a few do's and dont's please.

Gemma xx

dancinginthedark
05-09-2006, 02:02 PM
~I wish someone had given to us was to remember that others are too busy doing their own shopping to really be paying much or any attention to us. That there really are not tons of folks staring or talking about my DH. That if they are expecting a woman to be standing there and you are behaving in a normal manner most will accept you as a woman and it won’t even occur to them you are a CD. The eyes give a quick scan at you and sees you standing there dressed accordingly so the mind does not give it a second though and just accepts and assumes you are the GG they were expecting. Even those who do notice and see a CD out shopping generally don't care enough to do more than give a thoughtfull look.

Anita Mae GG
05-09-2006, 03:26 PM
prior to knowing about my husband I didn't bat an eye at anyone while I was out shopping. might have had something to do with dragging a 2 yr old and 4 yr old along :tongueout .....seriously. Mae is right, no one is going to be staring at you, they are doing their own thing. Those who do realize the true you will probably just look and then continue on their merry way.

Sandra
05-10-2006, 04:42 AM
Just go and enjoy your self Gemma. It's already been said most people will just be out doing their own thing and yes if they do a double take just smile at them and I bet in a few case you will get a smile back. Don't go out with the idea in your head that everyone will be looking at you, it will just spoil your day because you will be on your guard all the time. Just relax, hold your head up high and have a good time.

~Kitty GG~
05-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

For the most part people don't pay attention to other people. So its pretty doubtful that anyone will be playing spot the CD.

The only real advice other than that would be to not only dress age appropriate, but also occassion appropriate. Its a great fashion time right now. A couple years ago you wouldn't have seen a dress in a shopping mall. But right now dresses are popular. You won't have to wear a track suit to blend in. :D But try not to go too glitzy either.

Hope you enjoy your outing.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~

Gemma Rhodes
05-10-2006, 06:00 AM
The only thing on my list to buy is a strapless bra as I have bought a gorgeous red halterneck evening dress for the Saturday night of Sparkle but need a strapless bra to wear with it. Apart from that I will see what else takes my fancy but I really only want to go for the experience.

Bev06 GG
05-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Hi Gemma,
Well youve already done the best thing you possibly can do, and thats take me with you. I'll look after you.
Seriously tho. Ive been shopping with a couple of CDs before now and the best thing is to be confident and dont keep looking around to see if anyones reading you. Once you start furtively glancing at others with eye contact or looking nervous and uncomfortable, they'll automatically assume that something's amiss and take more notice of you. Even if they only think your a shoplifter it could draw attention to yourself and be embarrassing. And like everyone else says, enjoy it, it'll be fun.
Love ya
BEVxxxx

Di
05-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Gemma, You will have Bev with you...so you will be in the best of hands.I was also going to say as Bev did....try to act confident...even if you aren,t feeling it...don,t look around...hold your head high.....Enjoy yourself.