PDA

View Full Version : A new doctor

LindaTS
05-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Yesterday I had a the first appointment with my new doctor, a female somewhere in her late 30's. Up until now I've always had male doctors and have never been comfortable with them although my last doctor knew about me. At this first visit I came right out asking her if she had any problems with TG patients? She gave me a big smile and told me she had no problem at all. She then shook my hand and said something about it being very nice to be myself with her. I'm sure this will be a nice relationship. Days like this make it worth living in our world.

Annesah
05-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm very lucky to have one of the coolest docs in the world. He's a guy but is incredably sensitive. Were it not for him I would definitely find a female MD. I've had them in the past and they are FAR better than most. Same goes for nurses. I'm not at all suprised that she received you so warmly.

uknowhoo
05-10-2006, 12:33 AM
That is very cool, Linda. I'm glad you had such a pleasant experience. Thanks for posting that refreshing bit of good news ;) xoxo Tammi

Kate Simmons
05-10-2006, 04:04 AM
Last year I passed out at the club I go to (no it wasn't the drinks, a virus hit me). There just happened to be 2 EMT's and a Doctor at the club (go figure). They took me outside for air and checked my vitals and gave me oxygen. My BP was all over the place, so they called the ambulance. They had taken off my wig, body briefer and pantyhose to give me air. When the ambulance arrived, I was "half in and half out". The EMT on the ambulance asked me if I wanted to be called "sir" or "ma'am". When I got to the ER, the staff was just as cool. I asked the ER Dr., if he got many CD's coming in like this. He said he just cared about me. Guess they've seen it all as they didn't blink an eye. One remark I did hear was one nurse talking to another and saying how she didn't know how I could wear the BF's and be comfortable. Another nurse asked me to remove my clothes so they could give me a "Paris original"(hospital gown) to wear. After doing all the required tests, they got me some nail polish remover and stuff to wash off my face at my request. It was bad enough I had to call my wife to pick me up at 3 AM. They also let me wear the gown home and gave me a bag to put my femme stuff in. On my follow up visit to my Doctor, I told him the whole story so now he knows but as usual said he was more concerned with my health. Even though I was sick, the whole thing turned out to be a more or less positive experience. Things aren't quite as bad as they seem sometimes. Ericka

nikisbest
05-10-2006, 09:25 AM
I had a doctors visit the other day, and was really thinking hard about if
I was going to wear a bra or not. I wear panties 24/7, so that wasn't an option. I finally chickened out on the bra idea, and I was so glad I did.
I wouldn't have worried if I had worn a bra and the (female) doctor would have seen it. She had me put on an EKG, which the assistant done, and little did I know that they want you to take your shoes and socks off to do this.
Well they made a comment that at least they wouldn't have to shave my chest, and yes I had the marks left by my bra that i had worn that morning.
But what freaked me out was she told me to take my socks off, and I was wearing SHOCK PINK toe polish. I about died on this one, I mean how do you explain why you have shock PINK nail polish on your toes. My wife said well you could tell her that your daughter was practicing on your toes, I dont think I would have bought that one. Anyway, never worn a bra to the doctor, and with that scare I don't know if I ever will now.
Niki:thumbsdn:

LindaTS
05-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Let me relate one other experience that I had just about two weeks before the one that I just mentioned. I have a herniated disc and I've been seeing a doctor for spinal injections ever 3 or 4 months. He had to dicontinue doing this so I needed a new doctor. I went in for a consultation knowing that this was just talking, that's it. I was wearing a blue bra and matching thong. After a few minutes he said "strip". I almost had a heart attack right then and there. Well, i stripped and stood there thinking "Thank God my toenails looked nice". I always have polish on them, this time a nice shade of pink. That guy never batted an eye or said a word about me. I can just imagine what he told his wife when he got home that day. That's one for the guys. LOL

Billie Jean
05-11-2006, 02:22 PM
I don't know how my doc would react to my being a cd. They are all bound under the HIPPA law to not give any info you tell them to keep. Glad you found a doc you are comfortable with. Billie Jean

Caitlintgsd
05-11-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't think that my Dr would be very surprised. I just had a physical a few months ago. It's kind of hard to hide what hormones do under one of those lovely gowns. And she commented on my tattoo anyway.

ColleenCD
05-13-2006, 12:27 AM
I have always wondered what my very conservative Dr. would say if/when he sees my finer underthings and painted toes. I wear panties 24/7 and always have polish on my toes.

I know the day will come so I better start thinking through it now.

Love,

Colleen

Stephenie S
05-13-2006, 01:01 AM
Girls, just go to the dam doctor. I'm a RN and belive me, we could care less what you are wearing when you come in. We've seen it all. The doctor, or I, don't have any time to be bothered by what kind of clothes you are wearing. Most of the time we don't even see them. Relax, a modern clinic or physician's office is much too busy.

Connieminiskirts
05-13-2006, 06:10 PM
abaout 3 yrs ago went in to the doc to get my blood preass med renewed. was a new Lady dr. and as luck would have it, she was just temporary, filling in whild my doc was having surgery. Anyway I totally forgot I had my nails poplished and since I was jut getttin my prescrip renewd I wore a a br, and pantyose underneath. Well this lady dock asked me to remove my shirt, I asked, do I have to? she said well yes you have too, whay something wrong with you? remember I ama dr. I said well okay but even doc ...... has never seen this, and I undid my shirt, took it and my tshirt off. And yes I had on a lady t with some lace arond the collar and sleeves. She saw it, watche me take it off, saw my nice pretty maidenform bra and said, I like that tee! Where did you find it. Oh now thats cute! I have one just like it!!
You leave you bra on honey. she started listening I started brearthing, then she said to get dressed again, But before I got my t on, the nurse came in, saw me and quickly shut the door, talked to the dr. then looked at me and asked, "Does your daughter know?" I replied, well yes she does why? "Just wndering. I think its cool!" Then she walked out. After I was leaving and getting in my car the nurse came out and asked it id like to go out sometime. I said I dont think so I dont date married women. She told me she was separated, thot it wud be fun to out with me "Just two girls having fun together" I still declined. Still go to the same clinic, but it has never been mentioned. Just a thing I guess. A little embarrassing but okay.