PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy ?

Win Der Mere
05-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi Girls, Firstly I must post a profuse apology to btmgrl6 for messing up her thread this morning. This new post accidentally got onto her "out for a drink" thread, and by the time I sussed my computer illiteracy, and deleted it, she'd already replied and things got a bit awry.I don't know how it happened, but I really am sorry.
Anyway, the new thread arises out of me being on a great high last night after my first serious bout of cd ing.I was so excited at shaving my legs ( I'll let you know if anyone notices ! ), and the thrill of the comfort of the bra that my mind raced away all night with ideas, one of which was : We're all girls, most girls want babies, so would you if you could ?. I don't think I would, but then I'm in my fifties, and it would cramp my style ! Post menopausal ?
Incidentally, the dressing revealed the need to shed a few pounds, thus proving that Cd ing is good for you in more ways than the obvious.
Love and special apologies
Dalesman

Caitlintgsd
05-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Heck no. Not from a tg point of view though. I have a daughter from a previous marriage and 2 children that live with me now. If I had them I'd get my tubes tied.

Sally24
05-09-2006, 04:31 PM
I always told me wife I would have the kids if I could, and it's true. We aren't having any more kids at our age, but if I was 10 or 20 years younger I would if I could. I think this is one of the things that some of us really envy women for. Yes, it can be very painful. Yes, it can eliminate belly shirts from your wardrobe forever. But I think even with the downside, I would choose to go thru it. I am very maternal with my kids and I would have loved to go thru the whole nuturing and growing and changing experience of pregnancy.

I know some girls think I'm nuts for this but it's the way I feel.

Jerry
05-09-2006, 05:11 PM
This is about as complicated a gender issue and we can have. Yes, part of me sees where my life would have been a soccer mom. I would be a stay at home woman who would have the family care as my job. Naturally, part of that includes children. I would relish the time that child was first layed on my bosom.

Jerry

Faye Emmette
05-09-2006, 05:33 PM
I think it'd be wonderful to have children.
I live in one of the richest countries in the world, Children are a delight ( or at least my three have been) and I'd like to have at least five if I could. I am tough and've spent months in hospitals for motorcycle injuries so the pain aspect wouldn't stop me ..
Yes, I most certainly would.
F.

Christina Nicole
05-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Yes, without a moments hesitation. Giving life to another is the ultimate gift.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

btmgrl6
05-09-2006, 05:44 PM
That was so sweet. No need though I was not in the least offended. I just went with it. But Thank you for being so considerate.

As for Kids... If I was younger and fully transformed.. Maybe. But for now... I just found me and am enjoying that.

Steph

ShortSkirt
05-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Personally, I'd love to experience all aspects of being a women. Atleast once LOL.

bredalee25
05-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi and my answer is yes I've always wanted to be pregnant with a child ever since i found my fem self hell I even remember thinking before i realized i was fem wouldn't it be so wonderful to be pregnant for two reasons i would if i could 1st is because i've alwys wanted to be a mommy 2nd is i've always thought that when a woman is pregnant she is more beautiful more lovely and more attractive. Thats just my point of view i'm not saying that women who aren't pregnant aren't beautiful lovely or attractive just that when they are pregnant all these qualities are magnified. I also used to think wouldn't it be cool if I could take over the bodies of pregnant women and carry the baby and give birth for them as kind of a service to bare your children for women who wanted kids but didn't want to go through the pregnancy but thats just me daydreaming ofcourse cause that can't happen in real life only make beleave life can do that. ttfn Brenda

Kate Simmons
05-09-2006, 07:15 PM
My answer is absolutely, positively yes! I know I may come off as some kind of convoluted "tomboy" sometimes but when it comes to being a Mom, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute. I dunno, I would just love to be able to carry, give birth to, nurse and take care of a little one. Yeah I know it's a 24/7 job but I really couldn't think of a better one. I was a good Dad of course, but somehow it's not quite the same. Sure it's impossible but a girl can dream can't she? After all, the possibility is a big part of being a woman, depends on what you want, I guess. Ericka Kay

Win Der Mere
05-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Hi Girls,
Interesting responses. Thank you. You see, I really feel feminine, especially when in CD mode, but also at nearly all other times, and this is really at the heart of womanhood. I agree that to really maximise on cd ing, as many fem "activities" as possible should be indulged. I have relatively recently started "being" feminine even when doing men things which I have done for years. The difference is very noticeable; I get a much better response in business, my driving is more courteous and it seems to rub off on others, and just when out and about, people respond in a far more friendly manner.
Love
Dalesman

janedoe311
05-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Love to be able to have children. Have offered to nurse the first baby but my wife just gives me a dirty look. After the last one she said "I Might take you up if I have another one!" She nursed our last one till she was about 1 1/2 years old. So next time we have a baby, if we do I will work on getting breasts and milk without her knowing about it!:happy:

Tamara Croft
05-10-2006, 12:38 PM
As for Kids... If I was younger and fully transformed.. Maybe. But for now... I just found me and am enjoying that.

StephFully transformed? I don't understand what you mean by this.... please explain.

Tina Dixon
05-10-2006, 01:21 PM
I can't believe any of you would even want to go threw that, thats just nuts:thumbsdn:

ReginaK
05-10-2006, 01:53 PM
No. I'm not child compatible. I don't have the patience.

Amelia Moxon
05-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I personally wouldn't, call me matrialistic, but babies and sports cars don't mix!!!

Hugs
Amelia xxx

Bev06 GG
05-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I am tough and've spent months in hospitals for motorcycle injuries so the pain aspect wouldn't stop me ..
Yes, I most certainly would.
F.
Hi Girls,
Sorry if this will sound like Im being a kill joy but if men were to have babies I doubt we'd have the population that we have now. I too have suffered in hospital with painful injuries and broken bones from falls and accidents, somehow tho it just doesn't compare to child birth. How would you like to feel like your insides were being ripped out of you for 23 hours, suffer with varicos veins, stretch marks (oh my god I can't wear anything too revealing incase they show), have your boobs shrink when youve finished breast feeding, would you like me to continue cos for some women theres a whole lot more. One of my closest friends nearly died giving birth because she haemorraged so much.
Yeah sure having children is a very rewarding experience, I have four myself, but given the chance I'd love you lot to go through it instead of us, infact if it was put to the vote I bet there are alot of GGs who'd gladly hand over the hard work, the pain, and the looking like a ruddy beached whale for atleast 4 months.
I doubt somehow whether CDs being as conscious of the way they look would like the after affects of having children. Your body is never quite the same again and having listened to how much some of you really value showing off your bodies I doubt you'd have more than one. I know that this will sound like Im ticking you off, but honestly you just haven't got a clue have you.
BEVxxxx

Christina Nicole
05-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Hi Girls,
Sorry if this will sound like Im being a kill joy but if men were to have babies I doubt we'd have the population that we have now.
I know that this will sound like Im ticking you off, but honestly you just haven't got a clue have you.
BEVxxxx

Of course I don't know what childbirth is like. On the other hand, I know many women who have several children and some say that they liked being pregnant. Thus it can't all be terrible.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

bredalee25
05-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Hi Girls,
Sorry if this will sound like Im being a kill joy but if men were to have babies I doubt we'd have the population that we have now. I too have suffered in hospital with painful injuries and broken bones from falls and accidents, somehow tho it just doesn't compare to child birth. How would you like to feel like your insides were being ripped out of you for 23 hours, suffer with varicos veins, stretch marks (oh my god I can't wear anything too revealing incase they show), have your boobs shrink when youve finished breast feeding, would you like me to continue cos for some women theres a whole lot more. One of my closest friends nearly died giving birth because she haemorraged so much.
Yeah sure having children is a very rewarding experience, I have four myself, but given the chance I'd love you lot to go through it instead of us, infact if it was put to the vote I bet there are alot of GGs who'd gladly hand over the hard work, the pain, and the looking like a ruddy beached whale for atleast 4 months.
I doubt somehow whether CDs being as conscious of the way they look would like the after affects of having children. Your body is never quite the same again and having listened to how much some of you really value showing off your bodies I doubt you'd have more than one. I know that this will sound like Im ticking you off, but honestly you just haven't got a clue have you.
BEVxxxx
Bev I would gladly go through any amount of pain in order to be a mom and have the closeness a mother has with her children it's what moms do for their children i mean wouldn't you go through or do just about anything for your kids as a mom you most certinally would if you say no then your obviously not a very good mom to your kids. yes your body changes and yes strech marks appear your boobs shrink but isn't it all worth it to be a mom honey i've never been pregnant and physically never can be but i've got strech marks and vericose veins got the strech marks from being overweight and the veins from standing on concrete floors for long periods of time so i already have some of the side effects of being pregnant and i don't see them as bad things just things i have to deal with only mothers like you complain about what your kids did to you when you were pregnant you should thank god everyday for blessing you with four healthy kids and the means of being able to have them. they're alot of women who can't have kids and would love to but for some medical reason can't and it always seems like it's the ones who would be the best moms that can't and the lousy ones who can have as many as they want to and give them up for addoption sorry that hit a nerve don't mean to take it out on you personally bev but it's the truth ttfn

Sharon
05-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi Girls,
Sorry if this will sound like Im being a kill joy but if men were to have babies I doubt we'd have the population that we have now.

This is kind of cheap and an easy thing to say, isn't it? How can you say that things would be different if the childbirthing roles were reversed? You can't. If evolution decided, way back when, that males would be the ones to give birth, then it would be just as prevalent as it is the way it actually exists. But I suppose we would then be whining about the role we have to play also and saying how easy the females have it. :)

Anita Mae GG
05-10-2006, 08:07 PM
This is kind of cheap and an easy thing to say, isn't it? How can you say that things would be different if the childbirthing roles were reversed? You can't. If evolution decided, way back when, that males would be the ones to give birth, then it would be just as prevalent as it is the way it actually exists. But I suppose we would then be whining about the role we have to play also and saying how easy the females have it. :)

Not cheap just saying that based on some responses a lot of cd'ers appear to be vain and having more than one kid usually kills your body, hence why Bev said that the population wouldn't be as it is now cuz you all (being vain) wouldn't dare ruin your bodies. That is what she meant. Has nothing to do with evolution but more personality.......

EricaCD
05-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Back to slightly less-intense responses: not at all interested in carrying a child! Perhaps this is one of the demarcation points between us CDs and our more transgendered counterparts?

Erica

PS: My 400th post!!! Wow, how time flies. Great to have shared so many experiences with you.

Shelby
05-10-2006, 11:07 PM
The question was "If we could bare children, would we?" Many here said yes because of the experience. Naturally our GG friends, pointed out the harsh realities of the pain and physical effects of having a baby. Men will never fully or truly understand the experience, but we do think about it weather we are wearing a skirt or not.

As for what this world would be like if men were responsible for giving birth - that's like contemplating what life would be like if Adam hadn't eaten the apple. Many years ago I read a play called "If men wore skirts." It was about 5 women sitting in a waiting room talking about their husbands who were all in delivery. They comment about the men's maternity suits and unfair amount of maternity leave they and their husband's each got. It wasn't a complete role reversal, but all of the issues and things that woman deal with as well as men during a pregnency were switched. It even featured a very nervous first time expecting mother running in and pacing the floor while the other moms tried to reassure her that her husband and baby will be just fine. We never see the men in the story, but it was an interesting commentary about child birth.

There isn't a CDer here who will ever understand the feelings, but it doesn't change the fact that we would like to. I often refer to comments that Chandler Bing has said in my posts and I will do so again. He asked the lady about to give birth to the baby he and Monica were adopting what felt more painful, giving birth or getting kicked in the nuts. He went on to say that no one will ever know since know one can experience both - one of lifes great unanswered questions. While she was in labor and screaming from pain she says that "this really hurts." Chandler responds with concern "really." And she comes back with "yeah, I think its time to kick you in the nuts and compare which one feels worse." Well never know, but we can always imagine.

SoCalSuziCD
05-11-2006, 12:15 AM
If pregancy period was shorter, like umm, 3 month? I'd have many childrens, but since it's almost 10 month thing, hmm, I wouldn't have one...

Kate Simmons
05-11-2006, 05:49 AM
After reading most of the above, I come to the conclusion that some of us are intrinsically programmed to have these feelings, some are not. Women , having the XX factor are especially designed to endure the experience because the XX carries twice the immune system factor. The human condition being what is however, there are always variable factors that come into play. Humans are very adaptable to whatever condition they find themselves in. I have no doubt that if it were possible I would love to become pregnant and have a child. My motivation is simple. I'd like to be a Mom. 40 years ago, it would have been absurd to suggest a woman could be an astronaut or head of a corporation, yet here we are. If I've learned anything, it's that life is full of surprises and some time in the future it may indeed be posssible for a man to give birth in some way. As I've said before, however, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence until you have to mow the lawn. Be careful what you wish for, it may just come true. Ericka Kay

Julie York
05-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Hi Girls,
I know that this will sound like Im ticking you off, but honestly you just haven't got a clue have you.
BEVxxxx

I think you've missed the point Bev and Tammy.

When a CD/TS posts that they want to be pregnant, or have periods or whatever...they aren't actually asking for the GGs to pile in, telling them off about how horrible it is being a woman and "not having a clue".

First hand experience isn't what is actually being asked for in that sort of case.

It's like me posting to the GGs, "If your family was under threat would you kill someone?" and then all the soldiers on the forum replying, "OMG if you'd ever been a soldier you wouldn't etc etc".

It's not what is being asked.

Julie Avery
05-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Incidentally, the dressing revealed the need to shed a few pounds, thus proving that Cd ing is good for you in more ways than the obvious.

I have exactly this same experience with crossdressing and weight. This year I've actually managed to turn it to good account.

I think the nearest I've come to any kind of pregnancy or childbearing crossdressing rumination is that I have indeed wondered what the sensations of childbirth are like. I was present at one birth, so I "know" a little about it, from the outside. I would be willing to experience it, but it would have to be in another life :) I would also like to experience whatever it is that makes "having a maternal feeling toward your child" different from "having a paternal feeling toward your child." These are deep mysteries of femininity and having been born male, I will never know what it is I would like to know about them.

Anita Mae GG
05-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I think you've missed the point Bev and Tammy.

When a CD/TS posts that they want to be pregnant, or have periods or whatever...they aren't actually asking for the GGs to pile in, telling them off about how horrible it is being a woman and "not having a clue".

First hand experience isn't what is actually being asked for in that sort of case.

It's like me posting to the GGs, "If your family was under threat would you kill someone?" and then all the soldiers on the forum replying, "OMG if you'd ever been a soldier you wouldn't etc etc".

It's not what is being asked.

I know I wasn't ASKED for an opinion I am commenting on the thread and the absurdity of how it sounds to me.....and how demeaning it is to some of us as GG's for you all to talk this way......everyone is entilted to say as they wish :D

Nigella
05-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Compared to others am I strange or what, not in my wildest dreams have I wished to be pregnant.

I think that the look of a pregnant woman is one of the most pleasurable sights in the whole world. Now someone has conjured up such a bizarre image, I wonder if I will be able to look at another pregnant woman in the same light again.

All I can say is thank god dreams cannot be turned into reality in this case. :(

Julie Avery
05-11-2006, 02:53 PM
I know I wasn't ASKED for an opinion I am commenting on the thread and the absurdity of how it sounds to us.....and how demeaning it is to us as GG's for you all to talk this way......everyone is entilted to say as they wish :D

It's not clear to me why a CD's mental acrobatics are demeaning to you. It is clear to me that you are, in a way, demeaning the CD who started this thread.

unclejoann
05-11-2006, 02:58 PM
When my first child was born it was obvious my wife hated every aspect of it, and I thought at that time that it was a shame that I wasn't the one going thru the experience. I would have loved breast feeding, my wife consider the child a cannibal.

As far as "shedding a few pounds" to be more feminine -- phooey, big girls (male or female) are very sexy.

GypsyKaren
05-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I really, really, really hate these kind of threads, and the period threads. Feeling like a woman is all inside your heart and your soul, it's not about what you're wearing, or if you have a watermelon for a belly or you get cramps once a month. I'm not passing judgement on anybody, I mean whatever trips your trigger is fine as long as you keep it civil, but like a lot of the GGs who see this kind of stuff, I really shake my head in disbelief.

Karen

Anita Mae GG
05-11-2006, 03:33 PM
It's not clear to me why a CD's mental acrobatics are demeaning to you. It is clear to me that you are, in a way, demeaning the CD who started this thread.

it is like a mockery of womanhood in MY opinion.........

You shall see things as you wish Julie(Avery) you are entitled to your opinion.

I never intended on demeaning the thread starter hence just posting my views on this topic just as the thread starter did.....

I will admit I can NEVER understand where these "mental acrobatics" (as Julie says), come from or why? Really can't get a grasp on it.

BeckyCath
05-11-2006, 04:06 PM
This is about trans pregnancy (http://transwoman.tripod.com/pregnant.htm)

I'd so love to be pregnant, and i'm hoping the doctors and the scientists work it out soon, so i can get pregnant...

I am full time, all i've ever wanted since i was 13 was to get married settle down and be a wife, and if i could be a mother, well... wonderfull.

I don't think i'm mocking womanhood in wanting to be a woman, this is my life, and as a woman,i'd love to have a child...

Rebecca

Julie York
05-11-2006, 04:38 PM
I know I wasn't ASKED for an opinion I am commenting on the thread and the absurdity of how it sounds to me.....and how demeaning it is to some of us as GG's for you all to talk this way......everyone is entilted to say as they wish :D

I know and I agree that you have an opinion and a right to express it. I am just pointing out how some of the GG replies are taken on a CD forum.

Imagine for example, all the Female to Males..... who just want a few hairs on their chin and a bit of facial hair. "Wouldn't it be great to have a beard?".....and I post "OMG if you were a real man you'd hate shaving every day, it's a pain in the arse how could you ever want hair on your face! You are crazy!. You just don't get it do you!"

Would that be well received?

The viewpoint is valid. But is it a contribution to what the poster is talking about?

Christina Nicole
05-11-2006, 06:53 PM
How in the world can wishing that one could give life to another human being, to bond with that person, and nurture that person possibly be demeaning? This obviously is some new definition of demeaning of which I am not familiar. Either that or it's demeaning in the same sense that some people find working for a living demeaning.

That whole thing about men would not want to be pregnant because it is too hard and painful is also rather insulting. Rarely are the things in life that are good and rewarding gotten without pain and sacrifice. Usually I have seen that the bigger the reward, the larger the sacrifice required. So too, I imagine, with pregnancy, childbirth, and child rearing, it is a very big sacrifice, but it is with a tremendously big payback. Sure there is always the movie star / sports / inherited wealth types who seem to get all the rewards without any of the pain, but I tend to believe that is not a common experience and that at some point, the price will have to be paid… with interest on the loan.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

FionaAlexis
05-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I have a pretty strong parenting need. Being transgendered this translates into a motherhood desire. My daughter is now 16 and I think the most rewarding time for me was from her birth until age 10 or 11. It was certainly the time when I thought least about my gender dysphoria.

In my earlier years I was fixated at various times – as a mid teen and then in my late 20s with pregnancy and this included wearing maternity wear and going out as an expectant mother.

Now to what extent this was acting out a tranny fad and a fantasy and to what extent it represented a more deep seated inner need I can’t be sure. But, generally, I have no real interest in maternity wear – and I can say at each time it seemed quite a strong desire.

As those of you who have read my posts will know, I don’t give much truck to feelings, moods and habits being attributed to ‘femaleness’. However, I do think that TGs are hardwired in some ways and that gender is deep in our psyche.

I can understand that GGs may be bemused, and even annoyed, by some of this type of discussion and feel the need to inflict a few ‘home truths’. I like home truths. However the other side of this home truth is that however accepting you [GGs] may feel you are towards TGs – there is still that self correcting mental block that says ‘hey these are guys dressing up’. And maybe there’s a fine line between a justifiable airing of a ‘home truth’ and being condescending.

Fiona xx

Win Der Mere
05-12-2006, 05:09 AM
"DEMEAN" : "lower the dignity or status of".
Believe me, girls, I don't feel that either of these has been done to me, indeed, I'm delighted to read such interesting responses, and am flattered by everyone's courtesy in taking the time and trouble to respond to what is undoubtedly an interesting question pertaining to womanhood.
I do find it slightly strange that the production and subsequent raising of children seems, at once, to be both pain and pleasure, but, as a well-balanced Libran, I can see both points of view. The physical pain and subsequent medical goings on would finish me, whilst the braveness and selflessness of women has to be admired in this context. The seed was, however, in all probability, sown in a moment of unforgettable ecstasy !
The thread was not raised frivolously; I have both been and thought in feminine mode for a very long time, and it is fantastic to have a forum in which womanly ideas can be debated and the views of others shared.
To some, ( probably most ) Cd ing is the thrill and fantasy of dressing up, and of being sexually and otherwise attractive to others ........., great, same here,but to many also, our womanliness goes much deeper, and may well have been the cornerstone of many a successful career and lifestyle.

Anyone still feeling bad about demeaning me can always buy me a drink !

Delighted, but not Demeaned :: Dalesman

purple_spider GG
05-12-2006, 06:05 AM
The whole trans pregnancy article is interesting; but would they be able to create the hormone therapy needed to maintain a pregnancy and prevent the tradegy of miscarriage? Do they intend to surgically alter the pelvic bone structure so that a transwoman can actually push a baby down birthing canal without causing massive internal damage.

There are two sides to this argument. One being GGs who feel that TGs are insulting and demeaning them by wanting or wishing to have babies that they have given birth to themselves. It is a domain of GGs and perhaps there is some sense of encrouching even further on GG space. Secondly the TGs who live in a slight fantasy realm at times and have these daydreams of child birth and periods etc because for them these are the talismans of womanhood.

Babies and periods do not maketh you all GG. There are plenty of infertile GGs out there, or GGs who have stopped periods because of menopause or never had them because of endochrine disorders. They are still women because they were born with the chromosomes and genes: of course there are exceptions with Inter-Sex and I fully accept that.

I think that wanting to reproduce is part of the evolutionary process; a desire to procreate to save the human species; survival of the race; pretty much why every living thing is driven to procreate I guess. So is it wrong for TGs to want to have babies? No it is natural to want to procreate otherwise the human race is f$cked. Is it wrong for TGs to wish they could give birth? If you wish you had been born a GG then I suppose it is not suprising that you wish you could have babies like a GG too.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

~Kitty GG~
05-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Before I had my first child I had no idea how much it would hurt or what it would be like to look like Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum..

I didn't know how much I'd hate the stretch marks or this blasted babyfat that got left behind when the baby moved out. I didn't know what breastfeeding would be like.. I only knew that I did want to do this.

And I did it again after I knew what was in store!

I imagine those of you who wish to experience pregnancy feel much the same as I did back then.

Its sad that so many who truly want it can't have it. Both the GMs and the GGs with infertility issues.

And I don't think that GMs would weenie out and not be able to hack it.. But. I do think most would deny themselves the opportunity if it was available. I don't think you'd get a OB/GYN in the closet with ya.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~

Marla S
05-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Demeaning ?

I don't like this threads about pregnancy and period either, but reading the replies I am asking myself what is more demeaning ?

Thinking about how it might feel and daydreaming one could have this expierience.

Or

I thought about it. No way. Let her do the job. I go for a beer.

I'd say that it is the most natural thing that a man (CD or not) thinks about how the biggest miracle on earth might feel (emotionaly and physicaly).

It becomes annoying and demeaning if this miracle is degraded to the same category as the colours of panties.
(A CD forum seems to be a dangerous ground for it.)

Win Der Mere
05-12-2006, 08:51 AM
So what is an OB/GYN ?
Dalesman

Win Der Mere
05-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Yes, perhaps it should be in a different forum.
I was wondering earlier if I'm in the wrong place ! Not mentally, merely on my computer, which we all know is one of my weaker points !
Dalesman

CaptLex
05-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Wouldn't it be great if those who wanted to physically have children - male or female bodied people - could do so and those who might want to parent, but not physically get pregnant and give birth could do so too? Well, some can, but what I mean is, if women could marry men who wanted to have the children if they themselves didn't want to? You know what I mean, wouldn't it be great if giving birth didn't depend on one's sex?

I see this from what I think is a unique perspective because I was physically born female, but always felt male. Since I was a child I felt that I would like to have children someday, and was intrigued by the possibility of actually being able to experience pregnancy and childbirth myself, even though in the back of my mind I felt it was physically impossible because I felt like a boy. Anyway, I did have a child and I don't regret it for one day because he's the most important thing in my life, but having done it once, I knew it was something I never wanted to go through again. So, in a way, I feel like I know what it might be like for a man to give birth. Crazy, huh?

Cathe TV
05-12-2006, 11:21 AM
Seems to me some people are seriously confused about the differences between crossdressing and being transexual! This thread is so silly - even being contemplated by a crossdresser - that it's beyond understanding.

Let's get a grip, shall we?

Emma_Forbes
05-12-2006, 11:27 AM
I find threads like this depressing because, in my own little world I want people to be happy and agree and not get uptight about things. Silly, I know, and I wouldn't want everybody to think the same either.

I can see both sides of the argument and I know, as soon as the thread is posted, that there is going to be some aggravation and vehemence in the responses. It bothers me - lots. The sooner there is a forum for rants, the better - I'll know to steer well clear.

Em

Further to my previous post, according to my understanding of what this forum is for, the original post doesn't qualify. I do understand the difficulty of identifying every post that shouldn't be here but maybe this one should have been moved - although I have no idea where!

I guess if someone wanted to discuss the wearing of maternity dresses (which frankly would probably fit me better than normal ones - :)) then that would be OK but pregnancy is not, has never been and never will be a crossdressing issue - in my opinion.

Em

Win Der Mere
05-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Ok, I get the message. I'm genuine, but a new kid on the block, and there is apparently very little training in how to use the site on offer, Does anyone local do private tuition ?
Dalesman

Nigella
05-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Ok, I get the message. I'm genuine, but a new kid on the block, and there is apparently very little training in how to use the site on offer, Does anyone local do private tuition ?
Dalesman

Dalesman, how you use these forums is basically look and learn, there are no hard and fast rules.

Even with the most innocent of posts, you could very easily upset someone. Learn to eat a little humble pie, and one thing you, and I suppose a lot of others on this site should realise,

You can quite easily upset the GGs just by being a little insensitive about how you think and what you post. Not all GGs on this site are supportive, some come here to try and understand why their SO wants to wear womens clothing and a post such as yours, done in all innocence, will not help those GGs.

~Kitty GG~
05-13-2006, 02:22 PM
So what is an OB/GYN ?
Dalesman

OB/GYN = Obstetrician/Gynecologist = pregnancy doctor

Kate Simmons
05-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks Kitty for understanding how some of us feel on this matter. While I'm a realist and know it's not possible (at least not now), I would be honored to be able to bear and deliver a life into this world and nuture it. When I finally accepted this side of myself, a lot of maternal feelings came along with it that I just cannot help but have. I assure you I would not weenie out as you put it and would be the first (well, maybe second) one in line for the opportunity. I joke around a lot and seem to have a tomboy approach to things sometimes but when it comes to motherhood, there is nothing more in the world I would like to do. Thanks again for your understanding. Ericka

alexis GG
05-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Firstly I will apologise if i don't make myself clear in what I wanna say, words don't come easy at times. I have no doubt in my mind that many men (CD'ers) would make brill mums and in all seriousness should be given a chance where possible. Girl power and all that! (if its right to say that).
For me though, after havin 3 kids, if I was to come back as a woman next time, I'd have a sex change hehe........ No dis-respect to ppl on here, but I was left to bring my kids up alone,easy you say, but my son has ADHD and there have been things I've had to deal with that no parent should have and I certainly wouldn't wish on anyone else.
Personal choice.
Though good luck for the future if (when) this becomes possible. One day this may well be possible, I hope so as carryin a child is the most belittlin experience ever. It aint something thats easy described. But I will say go for it when you can. :happy:
alexis35 :hugs:

Kate Simmons
05-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks Alexis I appreciate that. Not to get too esoteric or anything but as far as coming back ,been there, done that . This time I'm a guy(for whatever reason) but don't get me started on that. I still make a good Dad though and would have loved to assist you with your children (diapers, et. al. not withstanding). The main theme I'm trying to get across in the forum is that we are all people in whatever condition, shape or form we find ourselves in. People helping people. In my mind that's what it is all about. I really loved reading your post. You speak from your heart like the rest of the folks here do. Take care, Ericka