PDA

View Full Version : long sleeves in the summer

jamiesnj
05-10-2006, 06:51 PM
is it wrong to wear long sleeves in the summer if you have defined arms?

genevieve
05-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Am sure that a light cotton top or dress with long sleeves is quite appropriate, comfort is most important whether being comfortable with exposed arms or comfort in the warm weather. I find wearing fingerless lacy gloves work for me.

Caitlintgsd
05-10-2006, 07:12 PM
I wear a lot of tunics and blouses with "bell" sleeves. They're comfie and cover the arms.

Kate Simmons
05-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi Jamie, You can wear long sleeves whenever you want. I may wear long ones or 3/4 ones when I go dancing in the Summer. In my case however, I wear short sleeves also once in a while since I shave my body.It depends on the outfit I'm wearing. As far as definition, a lot of GG's have definintion because they work out, so unless you are a weight lifter, I don't see a problem. The only time I DO insist on long sleeves in the summer is as my guy self. I put up with the discomfort just so people don't get nosy as I work in a place where there a lot of chemicals. If they ask, I simply say I'm protecting myself. Ericka

EricaCD
05-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Look around. If you see GGs wearing long sleeves, it's ok! This season we are seeing a lot of cardigans, shrugs and other tops (with sleeves) over little tanks and camis. Looks ok to me.

More to the point, if the alternative is to show off a set of arms that are plainly masculine, then live with the lesser of two evils!

Erica

michelle19845
05-10-2006, 09:32 PM
i have wore long sleeves everytime.i hesitate to go without sleeves or with short sleeves,but i wonder if my forearms will give away my masculinity?it's quite the big decision.thin material with long sleeves is another option.

LindaTS
05-11-2006, 07:33 AM
I need to wear long sleeves in the summer because of a tatto. It's never caused me any trouble when I'm out shopping. It seems like I always see several other women wearing the same thing.

Eugenie
05-11-2006, 08:47 AM
I also need to wear long sleeves in summertime: my wife doesn't accept that I shave my arms. :o and "man" do I have hairy arms... For the rest I can shave as it isn't visible. You might say that I could hide my shaved arms when I'm in DRAB... :tongueout

But, after all, some GGs also wear long sleeves for all sorts of reasons: alergy to UV, prefered style, etc. so I don't see why us X-Ds couldn't wear lon sleeves.

Love.

Eugenie