PDA

View Full Version : bottle or glass

sierracd6
05-10-2006, 11:48 PM
When dressed, and out at a bar, is a bottle ok to drink out of, or is the hassle of a glass more "lady like"?

Wenda
05-11-2006, 12:53 AM
Depends what kind of girl you are, dear. Remember the song by Confederate Railroad, "... and I like my women just a little on the trashy side!" If that works for you, drink from it.

Emily1
05-11-2006, 01:26 AM
There is nothing - NOTHING - ladylike about drinking from a bottle ... especially red wine ...:happy:

Caitlintgsd
05-11-2006, 01:29 AM
There is nothing - NOTHING - ladylike about drinking from a bottle ... especially red wine ...:happy:

Ha! It sure beets drinkin' outta the box, y'all! :D

christine55
05-11-2006, 02:04 AM
When drinking in a bar in male mode I found drinking out of a glass much preferrable. When drinking from a glass you don't get as much air into your stomach. I found it much less filling and easier to drink from the glass. There may be a male posturing thing about drinking from the bottle but I think you will find the more seasoned drinkers male or female drinking from the glass when seated at the bar or a table.
Hugs, Christine

Eugenie
05-11-2006, 02:48 AM
It must be a cultural thing... No one here in France, male of female, would ever dring out of a bottle while sitting at a bar. This is not a critiscisme whatsoever, just a constatation.

Just to say that if one of us "gurls" was to visit France and travel "en femme", I would advise not to drink from the bottle. As a man it would simply attract the looks of the crowds, So would it as a woman but then having the attention would just augment the risks of being spotted as a X-dresser, with the possible consequences just as anywhere with some stupid remarks.

Back to the original question, having lived in the USA for five years, I have seen many men doing that (drinking from the bottle) but never seen a woman do it. But I've not been too often in bars...:D So I would guess that drinking out of the bottle may not be a women like behaviour.

Love.

Eugenie

Joy Carter
05-11-2006, 04:01 AM
A note to you bottle drinkers hold your pinky out as you wipe the froth from your lips ! LOL :D

trannie T
05-11-2006, 04:17 AM
And don't wipe your mouth with your sleeve and don't belch. Seriously be nice to your bartender and use a straw so your lipstick doesn't get all over the glass.

It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Kate Simmons
05-11-2006, 04:28 AM
Ha ha, Another girl who appreciates the finer points on being a woman. A good bartender knows his customers. When I come in as Ericka, he automatically gives me a glass. When I'm Richard, he always asks first as he knows to expect the unexpected. It's amazing what others pick up from your habits. They always know who I am anyway by my dance style. LOL Ericka

Tamara Croft
05-11-2006, 04:38 AM
And just whats wrong with drinking out of a bottle hmm??? :slap: I guess it depends where you are. A restaurant... always a glass, a pub... depends what you're drinking.... some lagers just HAVE to be drank out the bottle, in a nightclub.... always out of the bottle for me, no chance in hell for someone to spike my drink ;)

Angela Burke
05-11-2006, 04:41 AM
Alcohol is a huge part of Scottish culture.
Girls don't seem to care about being "ladylike".
They happily down pints and pints, huge measures of spirits, swigging away out of glasses or bottles, up on the tables, rolling about on the floor, having a great time, and good for them says me!
I know a girl who's drinking habits are never to have the same drink twice during a boozing session.
She gets the barman to keep a written list just to make sure.
Of course she's not doing her health much good, but she does have a fine time!

Helen MC
05-11-2006, 05:55 AM
Drinking out of a bottle or can in a pub or indoors where a glass is available is common and scruffy for both male and female alike. In circumstances outdoors were a glass is not available it is ok.

TGMarla
05-11-2006, 07:21 AM
I prefer a glass even in guy mode.

allisonrn06
05-11-2006, 09:02 AM
I have seen women in bars drinking beer from glasses as well as from bottles and have never thought that any of them looked un-fem just from what they chose to drink from.I think that it's in how a girl carries herself that makes her appear un-feminine.

unclejoann
05-11-2006, 11:47 AM
The most important reason for drinking from a glass is so that you can smell the beverage, since smell is a large part of the taste experience. If you drink from a bottle you are just filling your tank and not having a pleasant experience.

Breanne
05-11-2006, 11:52 AM
When dressed, and out at a bar, is a bottle ok to drink out of, or is the hassle of a glass more "lady like"?
If it's beer, a bottle might be OK. But wine or whiskey out of the bottle, definitely unlady like!

Caitlintgsd
05-11-2006, 11:59 AM
And don't wipe your mouth with your sleeve and don't belch. Seriously be nice to your bartender and use a straw so your lipstick doesn't get all over the glass.

I always use a napkin to wipe the lipstick off of the glass prior to returning it when empty.

Tina Dixon
05-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Some of these threads are killing me, give me a bottle of Bud any day weather I got a skirt on or not unless it's on tap.

jillinla
05-11-2006, 01:11 PM
If you're under 25 and in a very informal place, a bottle of beer is fine.

All other ages and places, please dear use a glass

Caitlintgsd
05-11-2006, 01:14 PM
If you're under 25 and in a very informal place, a bottle of beer is fine.

All other ages and places, please dear use a glass

Oh, so will drinking out of a bottle make me look younger?

Shelly Preston
05-11-2006, 01:54 PM
It really just depends on how you look and what image you wish to portray

Sam-antha
05-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Tamara, I drink Whisky or Vodka from a glass, except when I am cooking outside over a driftwood fire.
~Samm

Nigella
05-11-2006, 02:15 PM
When I was young my Mammy always taught me to drink from a bottle, didn't I just hate the taste of the rubber teat

Caitlintgsd
05-11-2006, 02:22 PM
When I was young my Mammy always taught me to drink from a bottle, didn't I just hate the taste of the rubber teat

And if you drinking something with Coke in it, the nipple on the bottle would get all sticky. :Party2:

Tamara Croft
05-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Tamara, I drink Whisky or Vodka from a glass, except when I am cooking outside over a driftwood fire.
~SammSo do I ;) Can't imagine drinking that out of the bottle..... I like mine with pepsi :p

JiveTurkeyOnRye
05-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Just make sure when drinking out of a glass especially, to keep a close eye on your drink. never know what shady individuals lurk at bars. I had an ex girlfriend tell me a story once about taking an unknown shot and the next thing she remembered was waking up on her couch, luckily her friends there had taken care of her and brought her home. She said the headache later was horrid.

Christina Nicole
05-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Simple answer because in my opinion, ladies don't hang around bars.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

sierracd6
05-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Well ladies, thank you for all the input..........I guess I am o.k with the bottle....of bud that is....wild turkey...out of the glass with some ginger ale....yummy................and for the nipple?????????