PDA

View Full Version : Where is your SO?

Deborah
05-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Most of the GG's here have boyfriends or husbands and you mention their fem name occasionally in your posts. My question is: Are they members here? If so they are very quiet it seems.

Bev06 GG
05-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi Deborah,
No my partner can't be bothered with forums and other peoples opinions, he'd much rather be busy dressing, or chatting online to someone. Usually a pervert in a skirt. There's nothing in it, and for him its just abit of fun, but nevertheless much more fun than giving an opinion on a forum. Personally I wish he would join in on here because he's very thoughtful and has the ability to see things from all sides.
BEVxxx

Kerry Owens
05-11-2006, 01:42 PM
My SO is a member here....and him?? Quiet? :chatterbox:

Tamara Croft
05-11-2006, 01:43 PM
My partner is a member here ~Tammy~ but she doesn't have time to visit or post like she used too.... well that's her excuse ;) I think it's more because I'm here all the time and maybe taken away her outlet :( Kinda feel bad for that, but then again, maybe it's because before I had this forum, I wasn't accepting? Now that I am, maybe she doesn't need it??

Sandra
05-11-2006, 01:46 PM
My SO is a member here she's Nigella, she hasn't posted much but hopes to change that soon, anyway I do enough :chatterbox: for the both of us.

Anita Mae GG
05-11-2006, 01:52 PM
My SO is a member here "danielle65" but she doesn't post much on here. Finds most of the topics too girly for her. She doesn't obsess about nylons, lipstick color, periods, pregnancy etc. She seems to have drifted from here as 90% of it is not what she is like. She is not as girly as some of these other people are. Maybe a mild crossdresser? Not sure how to catorgorize it but not overly indulging in the feminine stuff on here. Feels the need to dress sometimes and does so.
Therefore I am the blabbermouth of our partnership. As Sandra said..I say enough for both of us LOL

Sandra
05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
I have to ask though, is it a problem that we, the SO's, tend to post more than our CD partners?

Cause it's not, we make more sense than they do anyway. ;):p

kathy gg
05-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi deb

My hubby is a member

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=11863

Ever since we married he has not been into chatting online or making online friends. In real life though we do have quiet a few friends so he is not totlaly anti-social.

I think tamara said it best, these sites can be a great resource for a tg/cd going through tough times, but if you are able to get out dressed often {we do}, have real time friends to talk to about stuff like this, and have a wife who is into this like me, well being a presence online is like 10th on the list of important stuff. Also he is the webmistress for the local tg support groups website and they also have a message forum which he does post in {some} and does moderate.

You have kids, you know how crazy it can get.

Usually when I get online and post I do it when he is at work, I don't like the computer to interfere with our time together as a couple.

Cheery GG
05-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Yep mine is too, but a quiet member....Lisa scott.....onyl really posts when she feels its necessary or her input would be worthwhile.....

cheery
xx

Jean GG
05-12-2006, 05:22 AM
My husband is not a member and I have been wondering whether or not I should encourage him to become one. I believe that that this is the type of group he was looking for when he ended up in some rather questionable ones (we live in a small country...very little available...extremely conservative. jean

purple_spider GG
05-12-2006, 05:46 AM
Hi
My Louise cannot be bothered with forums these days, she gets sick of the pettiness and in-fighting on internet forums and finds that most people irritate her. Louise is on another forum but she has not posted to that one for over a year, and she is not likely to either, I did ask her if she wanted to join here but she rolled her eyes and said No ;)

Louise lives full time anyway and just gets on with it. I am sure she will post somewhere when she needs help and advice though.

Hugs
debs
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

~Kitty GG~
05-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeppers, my SO is a member, ~Dee~. She has a few posts. When there's something that she feels like adding a comment to.
She's mostly in the TS section.

I post more because of the 'ask the GG' section.

I suppose if there was an 'ask ~Dee~' section she'd probably post more. :D

I do think that those with accepting wives are less likely to look for advice, acceptance, or an outlet on the forum.

I didn't come to the forum specifically to answer questions from the CDs, but to try to help other GGs. When I first learned of ~Dee~'s dressing I wanted another woman to talk with who understood it all. It was hard being secretive back then. And I had no wish to be pulled into the closet. So I wanted to make some friends who I could talk openly with and hopefully help new ones to see that it wasn't the end of the world.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~

BethGG
05-12-2006, 10:36 AM
My SO is a member here "danielle65" but she doesn't post much on here. Finds most of the topics too girly for her. She doesn't obsess about nylons, lipstick color, periods, pregnancy etc. She seems to have drifted from here as 90% of it is not what she is like. She is not as girly as some of these other people are. Maybe a mild crossdresser? Not sure how to catorgorize it but not overly indulging in the feminine stuff on here. Feels the need to dress sometimes and does so.
Therefore I am the blabbermouth of our partnership. As Sandra said..I say enough for both of us LOL
^I think my SO Tgirl74 feels similar. I tell her to post but she'll only read threads/lurk! :cheeky:

dancinginthedark
05-12-2006, 10:57 AM
My DH is member but dealing with other things right now. Also not accustom to forums or the online community. Posted a short intro and one response but got freaked by some of the others who are more into a 24/7 life and wrongly assumed all CD-er must dress with full make-up and body enhancers to fit in here. I have shown him plenty of other threads to show him it is all a matter of degree and there is no right or wrong answer in what a girl chooses to wear. He [I think] mistook encouragement for pressure both here and at home.

BrendaB GG
05-12-2006, 02:04 PM
My SO is here (tori-e) and posts mostly in the TS section. I probably post more as she has 2 local support groups that she attends face to face meetings and I have none.
SO these on-line groups are my life-line right now.
Brenda

raksha GG
05-12-2006, 03:43 PM
My SO is Tracy Victoria (who confusingly calls me Fran in her posts )

At the moment, he's picking #1 son up from Scouts...

Tracy_Victoria
05-12-2006, 05:51 PM
My SO is Tracy Victoria (who confusingly calls me Fran in her posts )

At the moment, he's picking #1 son up from Scouts...

Sorry Hun

C- Must try harder. Raksha GG it is. :tongueout

raksha GG
05-13-2006, 03:17 PM
C- for language, but A+ for effort :love:

Julie Avery
05-13-2006, 03:42 PM
My s.o. Cher GG posts from time to time but I post more. Perhaps this entitles me to some type of an award. A spanking, maybe?

tvgirl4fun
05-13-2006, 03:51 PM
I found all these replies very interesting. I never would have thought there were so many SO/GGs on a group like this and THEIR SO/CDs weren't members. I'm very happy that all you GGs find it rewarding to be here. Jaie

Stormgirl
05-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Don't have an S.O - much happier alone. I give props to those GGs that joined this site to understand CD.