PDA

View Full Version : is there a cure

janine
05-11-2006, 01:21 PM
It has been estinmated that 50% of men have fantasies of or have
actually worn female cloths .At first it is curiosty but when they find
their feminine side and feeling they go to become closet cross dressers.
I do not know if there is a cure but these feeling stay with you and get
stronger the older you get ,as they have with me for the past many
years.Living the male role in public and the female role in private so
having the best of both worlds .

kristine239
05-11-2006, 01:29 PM
But I have the best of both worlds in public. Because I work for a company that produces Transgender conferences, I am a girl sometimes and a boy other times.

Such as next week, I will in Tucson AZ doing site inspections of 5 hotels plus meeting with the Chamber of Commerce, visitors and convention Bureau and the local support group SAGA and two other organizations. Four days as Khristine.

Then back home and back in boy mode.

Like you, I'm "stuck in the middle" and I love it.

Kristine

AZGia
05-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Kristine, bring light clothing as we will hit 100 degrees this week, I hope you have fun whie you are here. And like most I have the best of both worlds also.

Gia

GypsyKaren
05-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Is there a cure for what? You make it sound like there's something wrong with getting in touch with a part of yourself, that's something I think more people should do, be it Cding or whatever. We are all many different things inside and very complex, people should get to know each other better. Another statistic: 10% of all men brought into emergency rooms in this country are wearing woman's underwear of some kind, so there's a lot more like us out there than people realize.

Karen

Siobhan Marie
05-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Crossdressing is not an infection or a disease. It will not go away. It is a part of your DNA, you were probably born that way. I know I was. You have two sides to you, you and your femme side. Like one of the other girls said you have the best of both worlds. I like who I am. There is me and there is Anna. There is nothing wrong with it I promise you (despite what so-called "normal" people will tell you).

:hugs: Anna x

DonnaT
05-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Nope, sorry, but there is no known cure.

Like you said,

It has been estinmated that 50% of men have fantasies of or have actually worn female cloths .At first it is curiosty but when they find their feminine side and feeling they go to become closet cross dressers.

Of the 50% (or more) a few of us find a need/urge to continue. The predisposition that was already there has been awakened, which we can fight, but can't really put back to sleep.

It's like someone being predisposed to be an alcoholic. It remains dormant until awakened/triggered with alcohol.

Shelly Preston
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM
As far as I know there is no know cure

Why would you want one

Siobhan Marie
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I know I don't need or want a cure for who and what I am. That was tried when I was small. No thank you!

carol ann
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't think there is a cure, but like alcoholism there is suppression which might be used when you become aware that your life and relationships are being damaged by your indulging.

Only you (perhaps with a little help by those close to you) can make that juidgement

ErikaLeigh
05-11-2006, 04:59 PM
The Cure...........well that would be the rest of the world accepting us the way we are. 0.02

KathrynW
05-11-2006, 05:02 PM
A cure?
Well...I hear that the infamous barbed wire thong is quite effective in making an individual not want to crossdress... :rolleyes:

LaceyDee
05-11-2006, 05:02 PM
I certainly feel that there is no cure, Sometimes I do feel that I am "wasting" my life when I take the day and play as a woman. I love the feeling when I am dressed, but I suffer the guilt.

Jennaie
05-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Is there a cure for what? You make it sound like there's something wrong with getting in touch with a part of yourself, that's something I think more people should do, be it Cding or whatever. We are all many different things inside and very complex, people should get to know each other better. Another statistic: 10% of all men brought into emergency rooms in this country are wearing woman's underwear of some kind, so there's a lot more like us out there than people realize.

Karen

Karen:

Do you recall where you got that information? That is an amazing number, your saying that 10% of the male population are crossdressers. I would seriously believe that if they are wearing panites under their drab things, they are wearing much more at home.

stephanie100
05-11-2006, 05:07 PM
The Cure...........well that would be the rest of the world accepting us the way we are. 0.02
That would be the best cure ........mmm for what we are nice, loving, caring and fairly emotional people or another word would be Normal.
Steph

Marla S
05-11-2006, 05:13 PM
It's like someone being predisposed to be an alcoholic. It remains dormant until awakened/triggered with alcohol.

I don't think there is a cure, but like alcoholism there is suppression which might be used when you become aware that your life and relationships are being damaged by your indulging.

I don't think CDing is in any way comparable to alcoholism. The struggle we fight is between an objectively unfounded, bad attitude towards CDing (or gender issues in general) and a part of our identity.

CDing itself neither has a negative or harmful effect towards ourselves nor towards the society. Problems arise only due to the mentioned struggle within ourselves and/or our social life.

Alcoholism destroys your body, your character and your ability to interact in a constructive way with other people, CDing doesn't.

Is there a cure ?
Maybe, but I think it would be possible only if you have accepted yourself. Which leaves the question: Would one still need a "cure"?

JulieCDOH
05-11-2006, 05:18 PM
If there is a cure, I sure don't want it. I love being Julie. I believe there is a medical type reason involved. As we get older, testosterone levels drop. Since we all have both testosterone and estrogen, I guess the estrogen levels increase. If I am wrong about this, I'm sorry. That is just my belief. I hope everyone enjoys the woman in them.

Kisses Julie0.02

Faye Emmette
05-11-2006, 05:22 PM
I certainly feel that there is no cure, Sometimes I do feel that I am "wasting" my life when I take the day and play as a woman. I love the feeling when I am dressed, but I suffer the guilt.
'Pends on your degree of femininity and age perhaps.
Let's hope the 'Cure' is not discovered before you evolve to guilt-free feelings. Echoing most contributores here, who needs a cure for a good thing.
F.

jamie_44
05-11-2006, 05:24 PM
I second what Julie said about the hormones, and you should enjoy the
possibilities on the female side.

Penny
05-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Well, I used to have those same feelings. I would bet most of us have. I had to ask myself a long time ago, why do feel guilty after I get dressed up
because dressing up makes me feel so good. I came to the conclusion that
that good feeling while dressed up came from being pretty ( at least to me).
See pretty, be pretty, the result is feel pretty. The only way that I have found to feel pretty is to make myself pretty. Unfortunately, society frowns
on men who look pretty. I have nothing to feel guilty about. So what if I like to be pretty. My phylosophy now is "if you don't like the way I look, don't
look! 100% of the time my fingernails are long and polished. So if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to look. But I think they are pretty and it's
my choice how I look!!!!! I am not ashamed to be pretty!

Snookums
05-11-2006, 05:40 PM
I sure hope not,I can't imagine going through life ruined by a cure.

Jennaie
05-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Crossdressing makes me a better person. The more time I spend dressed and thinking of myself as fem, the more I find that life is more relaxed for me. When I am out in public and in drab but thinking in my fem persona, people notice that I am happy, women are more comfortable talking to me, men do not feel threatened or challenged by me and I do not feel threatened or challenged by them.

When I am in thinking in my fem persona, I am aware that my body language is speaking as well, I don't try to be fem, but I know it comes through, because I am thinking that way. I'm sure that some people probably are thinking, "he's gay", I don't care.

I like the way people react to me when I am thinking in my fem persona, I like it better than the struggle I feel when I am "trying" to act like a straight male.

A friend of mine ask the other day, "don't you worry that people will think your gay wearing those earrings?", I replied, I am too old too worry about what people think of me.

The truth is, I like me better in my fem persona, I believe it is who I am, dos'nt matter what sex I am or how I am dressed.

I don't think there is a cure for who I am. I get more comfortable with it all the time.
:happy:

kathy gg
05-11-2006, 06:27 PM
There is a Cure and they are working on a new album!

http://k41.pbase.com/u45/craigparker/large/29136796.curepub2004a.jpg

yes yes, i'll go back and stand in a corner now......

I blame Julie York for making me cheeky!

gennee
05-11-2006, 06:34 PM
A cure? I don't want it. I am enjoying the best of both worlds. My male mode in the day, andd Gennee at night. Can't dress often as I like because SO doesn't approve and my son is still at home. My co-workers and friends would be shocked if they know that I dress. That's the mystery of it that I love.

Gennee

Kristen Kelly
05-11-2006, 06:39 PM

If there is a cure I dont want it, never been happier accepting who I am, I am Transgendered woman in a male body.

maid phylis
05-11-2006, 06:42 PM
even if there was a cure ,and we are not sick i wouldnt want it any way ,i am happy with myself and as we mentioned last night at cdi we all have the best of both worlds .love phylisanne:love:

Kate Simmons
05-11-2006, 08:05 PM
The only "cure" per se is getting in touch with yourself and finding out who you are as a person. EKR

trannie T
05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
There is no cure. Thank God!

Deanna2
05-11-2006, 10:39 PM
In order to be cured, there has to be something wrong. I don't see anything 'wrong' in wearing a skirt. I wear my clothes. It is just that most of my wardrobe is panties, pantyhose, skirts, camis, etc.

sparks
05-12-2006, 02:14 AM
I think by the many purges we have gone through in life tells us one thing. There are no cures only acceptance.

And that one can be really tough.

sparks
05-12-2006, 02:20 AM
Still wears lipstick! The Freak!

Hope he never changes.

There is a Cure and they are working on a new album!

http://k41.pbase.com/u45/craigparker/large/29136796.curepub2004a.jpg

yes yes, i'll go back and stand in a corner now......

I blame Julie York for making me cheeky!

Rikkicn
05-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Another statistic: 10% of all men brought into emergency rooms in this country are wearing woman's underwear of some kind, so there's a lot more like us out there than people realize.

Karen

Interesting number GypsyKaren. Would you be willing to let me know where you saw that?

Rikki

KathrynW
05-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Interesting number GypsyKaren. Would you be willing to let me know where you saw that?

Rikki
http://www.geocities.com/lewisinph/qa.html

celeste26
05-12-2006, 05:15 PM
I hate to burst your bubbles of self denial, but there is a cure (yes seriously folks). With God all things are possible. But after learning to accept your CD the next place many of us go is to deny God, the one source that can cure us.

There is a point at which it is not possbile though. When the guilt stops is that point. The guilt is how God lets us know there is something better, but He wont demand you stop because His desire for our freedom will never force us. So if you have no more guilt then enjoy yourself He wont bother you again.
After that point you couldn't hear God saying anything to you anyway.

On the other hand if there is still that guilt speaking to you then you have a chance. However, dont bother me if your not interested, it is not up for debate and I will not respond to any debate attempts.

Siobhan Marie
05-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Celeste, I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not going to waste my breath with a debate because it bores me to tears. All I will say is that I know what and who I am and to me that is what matters and I spend everyday dealing with that and coming a day closer to accepting where I am now and that will come (I hope!).

annekathleen
05-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Why would you need a "cure"?
I dont look at my cross dressing activities as a sickness that requires some type of "cure"
It's fun for me, whether I dress partially or totally,
whether it's every day or once a week.
Yes, it would be aqkward to explain to my children if they every discover the huge collection of womens clothing that I've accumulated over the last several years, especially since they're all in my size.
I think its an innocent activity, harming no one.
Im stiing here in one of my sexy bras and my newest pair of PALS breast forms. I like the way they look and am getting used to the feel.
But I know I don't need any "cure" for what I'm doing.

Rikkicn
05-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks Kathryn

http://www.geocities.com/lewisinph/qa.html

Julie Avery
05-13-2006, 04:19 PM
I, too, will pass on any possible cure.

janine
05-13-2006, 05:26 PM
who needs a cure when it feels right for you.

LucyTwitch
05-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Hi

There is not a cure only the battle of acceptance.

Note from me trying to find a cure in the past. As most us know many an attemp has been made to find a cure. wheather therapy, hormons, and all the rest. All these atempts only made matters worst in most cases, so the conclustion is you can try to find a cure, but why waist a life time finding somthing that is not there.

Love you all

Connieminiskirts
05-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Celesete, I will NOT debate you eoither, but I will ask seeing as how YOU mentioned feeling guilty, Do you have guilt feelings?

Only guilt feelings I ever had about crossdressing is when I 'stole' from my mothers or sisters. I have NEVER felt guilty for dressing. never will!

But there have been times in my life that I have simpy not dressed, I'ts kinda of like any "hobby" I have had sometimes I do, sometimes I dont. Moslty I do. And I also ask as have others, "If there is nothing wrong, no disease, mental or physical, HOW can there bea cure?"

I am aChristian, I read scripture whether dressed or not, my clothing or lack of has truly no beraing on my persoan religeous beliefs and convictions. I am who and what I am. And I like myself. And I KNOW for a fact that God loves me and I really dont think he cares whether i am in a skrt and blouse or jeans and a tshirt.

Man (or woman) is judged by what is in his heart, not bacnk account or closet.
Okay I am finished, See ya'all next weekend. When I am again, at homme
Byee

Karren H
05-13-2006, 06:48 PM
I also heard that 10% of the males do cd but if that would be the case, why don't I bump into them at the dress rack at Macy's?? Ahhhh They are over at Lord and Taylors you say!!!! hehehe In the last 3 years, I have never run into another guy, while I was holding up dresses to check for length, in the ladies department!! So where are they??

Love Karren

az_azeel
05-13-2006, 07:43 PM
trust me
there is no cure... i have gone through my life purging as its called... but once a dresser always a dresser.. it is in your genetics
take care

janedoe311
05-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Like it or not your “sensitive” side is part of you. I am sure if you could take a pill to “get rid” of the female feelings your spouse and friends would see you change and maybe then you would have fewer friends!

I thought that maybe these feelings could be “made to go away” with an increase does of male hormones. But who would I be afterward?

There are times when I wish I would not think about having breasts or when I see a beautiful woman I wish I would not envy her. I do wish I would not think about being a woman it is distracting and nearly obsessive and sometime takes me from what I should be thinking about. But I am not sure I would like myself if that part of me was taken away.

Yes control yourself but getting rid of a part of yourself is not a good idea.

Caitlintgsd
05-15-2006, 01:34 PM
.......I do not know if there is a cure but these feeling stay with you and get
stronger the older you get ,as they have with me for the past many
years..........

I hope there isn't a "cure". I'm quite happy. I did notice the getting older with age thing though. I dressed as a teen, then pretty much stopped due to a stint in the navy. Started dressing again when I got out and was fairly content. About ten years later, WHAM, I was hit with an emotional sledgehammer. I was having mood swings just about every hour for months on end. I was miserable.

rachellenicole
05-15-2006, 07:16 PM
You Canadian gals are a hoot... the Cure Rocks!!!

Adrienne Heels
05-15-2006, 07:50 PM
If there is a cure, I don't want it!! I am very happy dressing and thinking in my fem mode. Like Jennaie said, I too am most comfortable when I am thinking like a woman.

jessica duprea
05-15-2006, 07:59 PM
the cure from the madness is to transition, if not completely then partially.
I know a few who have all tolled me that the drum stops beating when you stop resisting and except it and do what it is you feel you have to.

We all have different things we would do to be comfortable with our selfs and our lives, you would have to walk the board walk and actually buy stuff rather than window shop, peace comes from the acquisition, anxiety from the inaction.

:love:

Cathy Anderson
05-16-2006, 02:16 AM
At the risk of boring sisters who have heard me say this before, let me again state the position of Jungian psychology (and also another system called Psychosynthesis):

1. Crossdressing, at least as we see it experienced by members here, is often accompanied by psychological conflict.

2. It has many characteristics common to other kinds of psychological conflict.

3. Conflict can be resolved.

4. The resolution of conflict often (usually?) comes in the form of a novel or previously unrecognized solution (the "excluded third option").

5. Before conflict is resolved there is often a period of "pain".

6. Resolution of conflict is associated with a growth or expansion of consciousness or awareness.

To put it succinctly, what one seeks is a state of greater personality integration in which one no longer experiences feminine "urges" in the same way, nor ones previous male personality in the same way.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cathytg/anima.htm

Cathy

Natalie tv
05-16-2006, 03:08 AM
Why would you want a cure for something that is sooooo fun!

Lois82
05-16-2006, 04:56 AM
Cure,,,,,,,,,,,,don't want one, don't need one 0.02 . Even though my current radiation therapy for cancer has slowed my dressing down a bit I won't quit. Have a great day.

:hugs:

Lois

joanboy
05-16-2006, 04:58 AM
Certainly hope not. I have only in the last 10 year found the joy of cross dressing. As my SO would strongly object i also am a closset dresser but also enjoy the best of both worlds

cindie
05-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Why take away something that makes you feel better about yourself!!!!!!

Cindie

TGMarla
05-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Kathy, I knew someone was going to go there.....you just beat me to it!

"Cures" are for disease states. I'm not diseased, so I don't require a cure. However, in the spirit of the question, I can only speak from my own experience. I've never stopped, and I have no desire to stop. So I'd say the answer you're looking for, as far as I'm concerned, is no.

Endora74
05-16-2006, 05:34 PM
How do you connect with the online chat?