PDA

View Full Version : Has this happened to any of you?

bredalee25
05-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Have you ever planned a day of dressing because your SO was going to be away for a while only to have your day ruined by her changing her plans and staying home it's happened to me more than i care to remember but tell me about your foiled plans and how you deal with it? PS it makes me so mad when she does this i hate it ttfn

Ms. Laura
05-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Ugh!

It happens so often it feels like a surprise when she keeps her plans, on few times she actually makes any! I mean, I have the courtesy of having many hobbies that leave her with free time! (She probably doesn't look at it that way...)

FionaAlexis
05-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Hi Brenda,

Yes, it happens on a regular basis.

Even though my partner is fully aware and tolerates my activities - I confine them to when she is on day shift. Often I plan to go out somewhere and she will change her work roster - usually to accommodate someone else.

On the other side, I just as regularly get unplanned days - when she takes on extra shifts.

Fiona xx

Joyce1702
05-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Yep, I was planning an entire week in April, but the spouse got sick and didn't go on her trip as planned. I was bummed.

Joyce

Krystenw
05-11-2006, 07:26 PM
I must live a charmed life. The only time I dress up like a guy is when I go to work and then I wear womens scrubs. After 32 years of marriage my wife doesn't pay any attention to what I have on.

Karren H
05-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah!!!! Used to make me real made but lately it's not a problem. Always another day!!!

Love Karren

paulaN
05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
my wife never goes anywhere. And when she does make plans to go somewhere she seems to plan her trips when I am working. And I think she knows what she is doing to me and enjoys it. we have to have a talk about that. I do get relife when I spend time at my camper in the north maine woods fishing.

Kate Simmons
05-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah!!!! Used to make me real made but lately it's not a problem. Always another day!!!

Love Karren
Karren, I like your thinking. Great minds think in the same Vein(!?) I guess. Love Ericka Kay

Sally24
05-11-2006, 09:35 PM
It happens when my kids pop back to the old homestead unexpectedly, just before I was to have 3 or 4 free hours to dress. It puts me into quite a depression that can last a day or two.

I am presently outfiting a free room as Sally's room. It has more closet space than the master bedroom so I can finally get all of my stuff out of boxes and hanging. With a lock on the door and plenty of mirrors I think I can dress when I need to no matter who is home.

Now......what color shall I paint the walls???

Gurly
05-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Yes, it has happened to me too many times to count. Talk about a bummer. I almost got caught once because of this same type of situation. My girlfriend and I were sharing an apartment and she was out of town for a whole week and she decided to come home a day early without telling me she was doing so. Well, she walked into the apartment not five minutes AFTER I had put all my clothes away after having been dressed for several hours. My heart was pounding for hours.

bredalee25
05-12-2006, 04:38 AM
Tell me about it my gf came home early one day from work and I had just taken everything off and put it in the washer. Don't ask me how I managed to get it from the washer to the dryer and then put away without her seeing because i can't remember but it did go that way she never knew. ttfn

Maureen Henley
05-12-2006, 06:05 AM
I'm not sure if your question was more directed at the closeted members of the community or not.

My problem is that on weekends, which is when I usually dress, my wife will make plans for activities which will interfere with dressing, such as switching during the day between housework and heavy outdoor work, errands in the middle of the day, etc. i finally managed to discuss it with her when I wasn't irritated, and she's gotten better about it. Now, I make a point of inquiring about the weekend's agenda, stating that I'm looking to coordinate dressing and necessary activities.

jamie_44
05-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Yes, it happens quite often, our house is crowded and there is almost always someone home. I really look forward to the days (very rare) when the house is empty and then if soemthing happens to spoil it, well it is very disappointing. My wife knows I need to dress and will try to set up a day for me to be Jamie. She is very tolerant. I envy the girls that get to dress all the time, because I hate taking my makeup and girl stuff off.

heather_nouveau
05-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Brendalee:

Yes, this happens quite frequently; I guess for those f us still closeted, we just need to accept it and not be resentful. I really look forward to the time I spend dressed, but if I have to wait a bit, that's okay. After this happens, I usually schedule a makeover soon after which is an even better treat!

Hope this helps,

Heather

wendy
05-12-2006, 09:04 AM
yep, you betcha. I've just learned to roll with it and hope for another day.:D

allisonrn06
05-12-2006, 09:11 AM
My wife became permanently disabled last year,and so you could say she threw a major monkey wrench in my works LOL:happy:.Seriously though,while I'm not mad at her for her disability,It does keep me from dressing on even an occasional basis.Mostly I have to settle for getting partially dressed from time to time now,and even on rare occasions when I can get away with more than just putting on my hose,I can't wear anyhting for more than about an hour.It is frustrating to say the least.

Bonnie D
05-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Yes, I'm still in the closet. I only dress when I'm home alone which is rare. I plan a day off work when I know my wife is not taking the day off and both my kids are either at school or at work for the whole day. So my wife never spoils my plans however one or the other of my kids has often decided not go to school on that day. After driving my wife to work and I return home to find one of them still home and not feeling like going to school that day I become upset but not overly. I just complain to which ever one was home that I do not take many days off and when I do I like to have the house to myself. They didn't understand why so I told them that there is a peace of mind that is acquired when no one else is in the house and asked if they felt that way when they are home alone. They agree so then I began announcing to all when I planned a day off. They try not to be home on those days. Now that they are both out of school for the summer their schedules are such that one of them is usually home at least part of the day before they go to work and announcing that I want to take the day off won't matter. It's going to be harder to take a day off alone. I'll will just have to grin and bear it.

Bonnie

Stormgirl
05-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Nope never happened,one of the many good reasons to be single.

Eugenie
05-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Indeed it has happened to me; either my SO not going on a trip as she had planned or returning from a trip earlier than expected.

I have mixed feelings about my reactions in these situations, on the one hand I feel frustrated about not being able to spend as much time "en femme" as I had anticipated and on the other hand, I feel bad that I feel negatively about my SO being longer at home with me...

She knows I'm x-dressing but doesn't want to see me "en femme" and I know it is hurting her feelings. That is what causes this dilema. So, I'm glad when she's home as I like to be with her and I'm glad when she's away from home as I can dress as I like without disturbing her. But I'm all the same sad when she's home as I can't be Eugenie, and I'm sad when she's away from home as I miss her.

It would be so much simpler if I could be "eugenie" when my SO is home... I would love to make progress on that matter but after living 35 years like this it has become difficult to change...
:love:
Eugenie

Connieminiskirts
05-12-2006, 11:45 AM
My wife does not work so I dress at home with her here, HOWEVER,
Before we were married, even before I met her, I was at home fully dressed from wig to my fave black pumps, sitting at my puter doing the online chat thing, when in walks my daughter and 3 of my grankids. The oldest "D" was 13 at the time, her brothers "K" and "T" were 11 and 6. Anyway I was so engrossed in conversation I really didnt even hear the door open. I just had a feeling, looked over my right shoulder and heard "Hi grampy, oops I mean Hi Aunt Connie" This was D. K & T came on in said HI aunt Connie, then my sweet grandaughter said to her mom, as I was getting up, "mom, you aint gonna like this"... And in she walked.. My daughter does NOT aaccept this at all, my grandkids think its great!. But at least she just said hi, asked if she could 'borrow' some $$, which I gave her and then left. There was no fight, not then after all, she knew, and it was my house..
But it was all okay in the end.

sparks
05-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I get Saturday with the kids! Does that count. Neither of us get time away. It can make dressing very difficult but in this one horse town there isn't much to do anyway unless you are really into outdoor activities. Which we are not.
So buck up and suck it up is the motto here.
We have each other and in this world that is alot.
I'm looking forward to a weekend alone soon. I only get one a year and if it works out fantastic, if not I will make do with the two hours of alone time at night on evening shift. Even than I don't dress because one of my lttle boogers may get up to pee or get a drink.
Being a Dad is a love thing.

Lilith Moon
05-12-2006, 06:03 PM
My wife is around 24/7 and I don't dress when she is around because she gets stressed out, which ruins it for me...which means I don't dress :(

So, when she said she would like to take riding lesssons my reaction was "Yay, at last some quality time for me !" :D

Then she decides to take 60 minute lessons each week at a riding school 30 minutes drive away. Oh, by the way, could I please take her and bring her back, cos the riding lessons make her exhausted ? :(

Sigh...